PDA

View Full Version : Found this on the WC Forum (WC vs Karate, kindof).

rogue
06-13-2002, 04:51 PM
What was this WC guy thinking? (http://members.tripodasia.com.hk/kungfumaniac/WVK.asf)

Maybe after showing my really sad form I'll aggrevate a karateka until he knocks the stuffing out of me.

CanadianBadAss
06-13-2002, 09:57 PM
Here's a working like (http://members.tripodasia.com.hk/kungfumaniac/)

And rogue, y would u do this to us. This guy is pathetic, not the kind of thing you want to be showing off.

TjD
06-13-2002, 10:06 PM
no offense to him, but his WC is horrible :)

his chum kiu was atrocious, and looking at him fight made me want to cry :(

i seriously doubt he had more than a year of WC in him

if you watch the fight, all he is doing is slapping the other guy, he had no show of any real power

at least he had good forward drive :)

it seems like he just kept chain punching (weakly), got tired without doing any damage, then got his ass beat once he ran out of steam

peace
travis

TjD
06-13-2002, 10:08 PM
i say we just never speak of this horrible horrible clip ever again

watching that is akin to strapping some boxing gloves on me and sending me into the ring with lenox lewis

id probably look a little better, altho the end effect would be the same

me on the ground crying :)

peace
travis

joedoe
06-13-2002, 11:20 PM
I have never previously seen WC in action. I pray that is not real WC, otherwise its reputation is way over-rated. :o

vingtsunstudent
06-14-2002, 12:28 AM
i'd prefer to actually let people think that that is quality wing chun,
if ya know what i mean.
nothin' like the shocked look on someones face when they realise it has exploded.
well at least it was a good display for our good friend ironfist, at least he knows now what it doesn't look like & i'm sure that he'd never show us any vids of his training if it was to look like that now.
vts

diego
06-14-2002, 01:01 AM
lol

Richie
06-14-2002, 01:09 AM
I actually saw the whole video. Its a karate video about this big tournament in old days. They were three kung fu guys. All of them were as bad as this guy. However, the karate in this video was very good.

Mr Punch
06-14-2002, 03:30 AM
which one was the wc guy???

My grandmother's plastic hip could do a@better chum kiu than that.

BAI HE
06-14-2002, 04:56 AM
The video clip should be called "Horseface punches Gleek in the liver".

Gleek? Oh man a "Superfriends" reference?
I am getting old.

rogue
06-14-2002, 08:03 AM
No offense to the WC folks, but I had to laugh at that clip. Did that guy think he was good? Did his sifu send him there with his blessing? Which book did he learn his WC from? What did the karate promoter say to get him into the ring?

I'll give him credit for being aggresive. I've seen that same strategy and tactic (I'll overwhelm him by attacking the center line w/ chain punches) from both WC and JKD students who seem to have some technique and have some of the theories and concepts down but not enough time sparring/training to make them work together.

dezhen2001
06-14-2002, 08:34 AM
i liked the karate guys attitude though (being an ex-karate and now WC guy)... just stand there in his guard... wait and then BLAM! guy falls down :D

karate to a 'T' :D

david

Cipher
06-14-2002, 09:46 AM
Da mn. I guess I am a do rk but I feel sorry for people when I see a clip like that.

I never like to make fun of a persons martial skill, but he really was not good at all WC or anything. From the forms to the fighting.

I agree the Karate guy had a respectful attitude, I think this is how it should be. One thing I hate about a lot of the tourney's now days is how aragant people can be when they beat someone.

I used to take TKD for about 4 years before I started taking WC, I took both classes for awhile until I just took the WC classes and in the forst month or so in WC I was able to go back to the TKD class and stand toe to toe with people that had many years more experience, at least with my defense. But after awhile even with the many restrictions in sparring in TWD I was able to do very well against the majority of them. WC is much better than what this video shows. Just my 2 pence

EDIT: LMAO, they edited DO RK. Ha ha ha ha.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-14-2002, 09:53 AM
i think they guy just learned the form. my buddy went to a wing chun school for 3 months and that same form looked pretty **** good. granted this kid is an extremely quick learner, but i looked better than that guy when trying it for my very first time.

BeiKongHui
06-14-2002, 11:48 AM
If that's good Wing Chun I'm Wong Shun Leung then. ;) What was that little dance they were doing in the beginning? It looked like they were trying to play graba$$ or something.

Gabriel
06-14-2002, 12:00 PM
****it, why's this take so long to dl...I want to watch karate kick ass for once.. :D

Gabriel
06-14-2002, 12:19 PM
LOL... If what that guy's doing is Wing Chun, I don't have much to fear from you WC'ers. :D (j/k) The kid had no power, and no defense, alltogether not an advisable condition for competition...

Karate guy threw 7 kicks..couldn't really see anything that clearly..(vid quality) That punch in the end did the job though...ouch. KARATE RULEZ!!! :P

NorthernMantis
06-14-2002, 04:20 PM
It must have been embarrassing to lose like that in fornt all of those people.

Props for the karate guy that saved face for the wing chun guy by maintaining his composure. If you look carefully after he knocked the wing chun guy out you can see the karateka trying not to laugh as he is turned.

NorthernMantis
07-09-2002, 07:42 AM
ttt

Hey BeiKongHui,

That little dance they did at the begining was three star blocking believe it or not.:D

LEGEND
07-09-2002, 02:57 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm...this footage is from THE FIGHTING BLACK KINGs...it shows a kyo kushin( ??? ) karate tournament. The ones where u go full contact with no gloves but no head strikes with your hands allowed! So they could really only punch the body. Yeahhhhh the kung fu team sucked. But I have yet to see wing chun videos fighting in any full contact tourneys other than one EXTREME FIGHTING 2. The san shou tourneys I've been too in Baltimore a couple years back had a few wing chun guys and they met with similar results. Can find footage of wing chun guys fighting???

AndyM
07-09-2002, 05:55 PM
Hi,

Neither was this Kyokushinkai at top level, nor was it Wing Chun at top level.

If someone of as obviously limited experience as this entered a Kyokushinkai tournament, then I have nothing but admiration for their courage. Looked to me like he was fighting for point quantity, and had no idea full contact was allowed.

AndyM

Akuma
07-09-2002, 10:39 PM
At least there are some vids of wing chun in action...I wish we could see some more vids of it from tourneys...but for once I'd like to see it win :(

dezhen2001
07-10-2002, 01:49 AM
i thought this clip had been sent to the depths already :D
Still, respect for the guys who hads the courage to enter this kinda tournament. Reminds me of when i used to compete...Win some, lose some at the end of the day. I'm sure both guys have now got much better and learned form their experiences :)

david

Cipher
07-18-2002, 11:03 AM
Anyone have good clips of WC fighting? I would like to see them too.