PDA

View Full Version : Combat suit

Cipher
06-14-2002, 06:47 AM
Cool suit (http://www.tonyblauer.com/) . Check out this neat combat armour for training. It is exspensive but it would be worth it if it works like they say.

Has anyone ever tried this stuff? How is it? Is it worth about $1,000?

Cipher
06-14-2002, 12:32 PM
Wow, I guess everyone else thinks it cool like I do. Slow down on the resposes guys I can't read them that quick.

DelicateSound
06-14-2002, 04:12 PM
Won't be there on the street with you.

Probably be detrimental, but good I guess for gang-fight simulations.

Mr Punch
06-14-2002, 11:56 PM
Still prefer this one:

Warning: this may be sarcasm! (http://www.templekungfu.com/clothing.html)

Cipher
06-18-2002, 06:52 AM
I meant purly for training of course:)

I think it would be good to suplement fast and heavy hitting without injuring each other. I know you can do this with no pads and just get a few bruses but you can go all out more so I think.

As much as love contact sparring it looks a little stupid when you constantly walk around with bruses on your face it makes people a little weary of you when you work with them 40-50 hrs a week.

scotty1
06-18-2002, 06:55 AM
"Instead of having only one purpose, this outfit is multipurpose with the intent of reminding the individual to stay limber and active all the while still looking attractive and personable."

Ho ho! And all for only $69.95!

Water Dragon
06-18-2002, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Cipher

As much as love contact sparring it looks a little stupid when you constantly walk around with bruses on your face it makes people a little weary of you when you work with them 40-50 hrs a week.

I'm just the opposite. I got a black eye two weeks ago and was excited about it, LOL Lookie, Lookie, I got a black eye!!

IMO, it's all part of the game. But that's just me.

Cipher
06-18-2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Water Dragon

I'm just the opposite. I got a black eye two weeks ago and was excited about it, LOL Lookie, Lookie, I got a black eye!!

IMO, it's all part of the game. But that's just me.

I totaly know what you mean. I work in the tech industry and everything is so touchy as far as social appearance goes, it really ****es me off too the way things have to be.

CLG
06-19-2002, 12:43 PM
I use Tony Blauer's 'HIGHGear' on a regular basis. Although it does offer some protection, it does not mean that it actually absorbs blows as well as the 'FIST gear' for instance.

The 'HIGH gear' does not have a ton of padding and on occasion guys get knocked out even with the gear during scenario training. It does however, allow you greater mobility as it's much lighter than the FIST.

Anyway, it's a great training tool if you can afford one.

CLG