PDA

View Full Version : lunch with a grandmaster (a lesson and dinner, too)

rubthebuddha
06-14-2002, 04:01 PM
i received one of the biggest honors yesterday:

i got to have lunch with GM Leung Ting and my Si-sok yesterday -- just us three talking about projects over some fantastic sushi and hot tea.

then, a small group lesson with grandmaster, followed by a huge (and well-attended) open house at my kwoon. the performances kicked ass (so did my brothers and sisters :))

then, on for dinner with the grandmaster at a brand-new, fancy-pants Mongolian grill.

some may not think this to be all that special, but for me to have this opportunity with someone of my sigung's status when i've only been his grandstudent for three years (will be three years monday :)) is a pretty darn big honor. i'm still grinning like an idiot.

or maybe i just got clocked too hard during the group lesson and am grinning by default. either way, i'm quite a lucky duck.

:) :) :) :)

Nexus
06-14-2002, 06:44 PM
They probably enjoyed your company as much as you enjoyed theirs. Sometimes it doesn't seem that way until it is a distant memory however =)

I had dinner with a few tc folks myself, and I remember having to pull my jaw up every now and then as a default of awe at their skills in the art I loved. They were always helpful in answering my questions so make the best of those opportunities and learn whatever you can. They are there to help you learn, that's the thing to keep in mind. :)

- Nexus

Qi dup
06-14-2002, 08:53 PM
Very cool man.

friday
06-14-2002, 11:01 PM
yah i know how u feel

i was honoured when i got to have lunch with so many seniors in my pai. and got to have yum cha and dinner with my sigongs etc.

it is alot of fun and a privilege

good on u! :)

yu shan
06-15-2002, 05:29 PM
GM Leung Ting probably enjoyed your company just as much. These Men are just like you and I, very glad you had this experience, put it your portfolio. Hope for your sake some pictures were taken.

rubthebuddha
06-17-2002, 12:43 PM
got one picture of him and i from the seminar, and one of my simuis got lotsa group pictures from the big dinner. of course, having the lesson after having lunch with him meant that i got hit more during the lesson than the others in it, because he already knew who i was. :)