PDA

View Full Version : Re: Ways to train when u are so bz???

friday
06-14-2002, 10:54 PM
hi everyone,

i was having a fun chat with my friend the other day and one of the things we talked about that we both found kinda funny was how in our bz lives we would somehow incorporate training or exercise into it. anyway don't laugh ok??? and don't take this thread too seriously. i have an assignment due on monday and this is somehow helping ;)

i wanted to do sam sing (three star) in the underground trains in hong kong but i didn't (my gf threatened to dump me)

i'd practice my stances while going to and from university on the bus

i'd do situps and pushups or horse stance while watching tv

i'd practice my footwork while walking thru the city, contantly avoiding ppl even when its quite packed, be able slip in and out without making contact with anyone.

i tried tensing my stomach muscles while driving but it didn't combine well with driving properly.

i'd shadow box in the bathroom mirror (thats the only mirrors we had at home)

i'd shadow box and kick here there everywhere while walking around the house

hey lol i know it mustve looked funny but hey i had to fit in the training somehow ;)

anyway so tell me how u guys fit in bits and pieces of training while juggling all the other commitments u have in life.

NYerRoman
06-15-2002, 01:11 AM
I actually do forms and shadow box (only hands and slowly) while walking around since I walk everywhere here. People are used to me by now. And if they're not, I don't give a sh*t.

KC Elbows
06-15-2002, 10:45 AM
I get up very early for my regular workouts, so that I can get a good continuous workout regularly.

As far as other training:

-This one might seem strange, but whenever I sneeze, I attack at the same time.

-I also practice footwork when walking through crowds.

-I always open doors using peng.

-I wrap or sweep any poles I pass(structural poles, I do not routinely attack those from poland).

-Whenever my cat is a little too in my face, even if I push her away, she'll keep trying to come sit on my lap, so I use gentle peng and the handwork of my style to play "sticky cat", not to be confused with other versions of sticky cat, which usually involve silk ties and candle wax.

-Most of the chi kung for my system is identical to the core techniques, so I always do a little chi kung before bed, even if I only have time for one minute of it.

-Fundamental techniques sometimes get put on the backburner when doing more advanced things, so I always make sure to do the fundamentals(which are usually only one movement) at least ten times on days where I am too busy to do more.

-If I'm standing in place for any length of time, I will periodically assume stances and switch position, even subtly if I am supposed to be official looking for work, its to the point now where I can make the motion so small, people just think I'm just shifting in place.

That's all I can think of right now, other than suddenly challenging old ladies. I rule over old ladies. Their old lady fu is no match for my powerful throws. Breaks their hips every time. They usually have crappy guards, too, but you gotta be careful, a few of them can get you with that walker as you come in. That's why I always carry a bat.

NYerRoman
06-15-2002, 02:27 PM
KC,
One again you are the man. I totally didn't realize I do the same with doors and poles. Geez, talk about subconsious training.
peace bro