PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Hung gar controversy...

iron_silk
06-13-2001, 09:26 AM
I am not sure how many of the users here read "Inside Kungfu," as well, but recently there has been controversy regarding the accuratcy of Lam Cho's lineage,...etc...but upone reading some of the previous posts in this forum, I thought the matter had already been settled?

:confused:

Brian_CA
06-13-2001, 08:38 PM
Yeah,

I too had thought that the matter had been settled. I thought it was strange for the article to pop up after Frank Yee anD Lam Chan Fai had made peace.

Dixon, do you know anything about this? Why the article after the peace had been made? I thought this matter had been settled and we are all supposed to play nice!

Brian
San Francisco, CA

DF
06-13-2001, 08:55 PM
As you all know, we have no control over when the magazine wants to publish any info that we submitted. The last joint letter between my sifu and sifu Lam Chun Fai was submitted after the first Joint Hung Ga Family Joint Statement. I think IKF will post the later letter in a future issue. Keep in mind, the internet information is a lot faster than your conventional media.

My personal feeling is that there ae still issues that needed to be address but we leave that up to the elders and let them work it out at their own pace. As members of the Hung Ga Family, we should not stir up any things that might hinder what the elders had in mind. Any unauthorize action by any of us, in the long run might hurt the family even though it was done with the best interest at heart. There are elders in each of the lineage, let them work things out. Our job is to train hard, preserve the style and stick together as one family no matter what. Family members will fight, that is life, but at the end of the day, we will still come together and remain as a family.

peace

DF

Brian_CA
06-14-2001, 12:44 AM
I completely agree with you. I guess it was bound to happen. Magazines do need to sell issues and controversy does sell.

All the best,

Brian
San Francisco, CA

iron_silk
06-14-2001, 08:17 AM
although I agree that magazine wants to sell (ie have Jet Li on the cover with only a paragraph of info inside) but in this case they did not put it on the cover or anything, in fact it was letters which was sent in response to an article.

well...that's what i think