PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun vs Other

LC-NYC
06-16-2002, 09:59 AM
I just seen a clip that was taken from a video called fighting Black Kings where a Wing Chun Practitioner lost horribly to a Japanese Martial Artist. I wonder where did they find that WC guy, what happen to him? He must of had a broken rib or got the wind knocked out of him. The Guy must of used his one strike kill technique. OOch ah OOH

It made Wing Chun look bad! Does anyone know if any other Wing Chun Practitioner ever compeated in a Japanese Martial Art Tournament in Japan or any other place? Is there any Real life fighting footage of Wing Chun vs a Japanese Martial Art?

I wonder if the rules allowed punching to the face, would the outcome have been different? or worse?

TzuChan
06-16-2002, 10:58 AM
Would you mind giving me a link to the movie cause I'm looking for fight scenes, from tourneys and stuff

dbulmer
06-16-2002, 11:44 AM
If it's the same link it's http://members.tripodasia.com.hk/kungfumaniac/WVK.asf

Click on the link on the page.

It's how not to fight !!!

gnugear
06-16-2002, 04:56 PM
That's just embarrassing.

rogue
06-16-2002, 07:01 PM
As a martial artist that is in the "other" category in all honesty we could tell the guy was not ready and did not represent WC. Now would we admit it? ;)

"He must of had a broken rib or got the wind knocked out of him."
More than likely, that's a favorite fight ender of many Japanese and Korean stylist, and easier than trying to knock someone out. I've given and recieved and it can be very effective.

"I wonder if the rules allowed punching to the face, would the outcome have been different? or worse?"
Count on worse, those two fighters were not on the same level. If they were then WC has major problems.

LC-NYC
06-16-2002, 07:41 PM
I never seen a form so messed up! I have a hard time describing it! What the hell was that 3 step arm banging? I never in my 90 years seen that in Wing Chun. ooH ahhhhhhhhhhh! Please someone let me Know where did they find him? Tell me it's not true! It's trick photography! OH God!:eek: