PDA

View Full Version : Any Ninjas Here

dre_doggX
06-16-2002, 04:03 PM
www.ninjutsu.com

there is no school near by, I do someone who was a blackbelt in the art but he lives a far off but I could train with him. So I thinking about studing from videos(certified to obtain rank up to black belt) it say you most have a partner, and video tape each other etc.

you know what, I have to sympathize with you guys ALOT, with all this My fighting style beats your beats your fighting style,

Ninjutsu is commonly taught as an art,"Not just a fighting style" and is far more then fighting.
however it is not commonly taught period. I am sure, that when I start studying it, and hear someone saying " There style is the best" I will have more then a few questions and comments to give them to...

I besides this I also plan on building a library on different aspects of Ninjutsu.

just have to find a partner,
this will be fun I hope, I;ll start probably later on this year. wish me luck.

DelicateSound
06-16-2002, 04:10 PM
Ninja's are mammals. Sometimes they flip out and kill people.

What I'm trying to say is - Don't get ripped off. Most "Ninjitsu" is phoney, and sells on the name.

GLW
06-16-2002, 04:20 PM
Kind of a strange question.

Any person who says they are logically CAN't be a ninja.

And if there are any ninjas here, if they are any good, we would never know it....

Oh well. :)

TjD
06-16-2002, 04:29 PM
whenever you talk about ninjas here, all you'll get is quotes from www.realultimatepower.net

as you should

"I heard that there was this ninja who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the ninja killed the whole town."

peace
travis

TjD
06-16-2002, 04:29 PM
their astral spies are watching.... oooooooo

Qi dup
06-16-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by GLW
Kind of a strange question.

Any person who says they are logically CAN't be a ninja.

And if there are any ninjas here, if they are any good, we would never know it....

Oh well. :)

While you sleep, they'll be waiting...

Gabriel
06-16-2002, 06:14 PM
Dude, i am one of the few and proud Praying Mantis Ninjas! We are a secret sect of fighters that like to stay totally hidden. We are a furtive group that lurk in the shadows. Our shrouded society is completely concealed!!!! If you saw one of our covert members walking down the street, and expect him to do one thing, you may find that he has an ulterior motive!!!! I find it troubling that you are researching our clandestine ways. We are hush hush!!under the table!! Surreptitious!!! Sneaky!!! Mystical!!! Our stealthy members will brook no public notice so scram!

The Dark

P.S. - I only flip out and kill people like once a week, unlike some of my less mentally stable brothers.

Gabriel
06-16-2002, 06:20 PM
This is my ninja brother Dan performing a secret ninja death technique!!

Beware! If you watch this, you are deemed dead by our society!

Ninja Death Technique (http://www.danwade.com/MPG/Sockchucks.mpg)

The Dark

Xebsball
06-16-2002, 06:36 PM
The Gurgle

Apparently, there was this ninja who was hanging out with some kid. They played basketball and ate hamburgers together. One day the kid was like “Do you want to hear something that will mess up your life?”

The ninja was like “What are you talking about?”

“A real live ghost story,” said the kid.

“O.K.” said the ninja.

Then the kid began…“These two buddies were eating tacos together one night at a bar and it was raining really hard (outside). They were just talking. Then all of a sudden, there was a noise, like a gurgle or squirt. The buddies were like “What the heck is that?” And guess what…it happened again! They were both completely freaked out. They never found out what it was. And both buddies went home scared to death.”

After hearing the ghost story, the ninja was so scared that he grabbed the kid and spanked him until they both peed, which sucked.

Xebsball
06-16-2002, 06:38 PM
The Playas

In some other state, there were some basketball players hanging out in the forest after a big game. One player said “This forest reminds me of some scary stuff I heard.” And the other said “What happened?”

Well these two buddies, like you and I, were hanging out, just like now, and out of nowhere they heard something. Since they were big, like you and me, they didn’t get scared. Apparently, the noise was coming from behind an old door. Together the buddies slowly opened the door. BOOM! There was a grown up standing right there. Then it turned around and talked. But the buddies couldn’t understand, because it had the voice of a teeny little baby! “Holy Crap!” said one buddy “Frigg’n run!” And they did.”

After the story, one of the players said “Wow!” Needless to say, a ninja over-heard the entire thing and got pretty scared/mad. The ninja didn’t understand the feelings inside him and went berserk (this is common for people). In conclusion, the players were speechless when the ninja beat their butts.

Ryu
06-16-2002, 07:11 PM
Dre,
I actually have all those tapes. :) (Though I don't think I'll be doing any testing :D I got them more or less for informational purposes so I could look at the whole art and see what I wanted to do with it..... Yeah I know... A fool and his money...)

The man offering them is Richard Van Donk. From what I've gathered on different boards he's pretty legit with Masaaki Hatsumi of the Bujinkan clan. Some of its members are divided in whether or not the video set is good "ninpo" etc. Some are very wary about getting belts by video.
The actual videos. Well some of the things I do enjoy. A lot of it (and it's only because of personal preference) I don't like. The philosophy is pretty good.....although.. sometimes it can come across as a bit too much. :)

All in all, you might enjoy it. If you really have a thing for ninjutsu (Budo Taijutsu that is...not disappearing) then go ahead.
Just thought you'd like some input from someone who has the set.

Ryu

Kevin
06-16-2002, 08:19 PM
Dont expect too much if you take up ninjutsu/ninpo. Its basically jujutsu, although some of the schools in the curriculum have chinese kempo roots and feel a bit more fluid than jujutsu (there's more punching and kicking). You'll also get more groundfighting skills than from regular Japanese jujutsu. We only do "ninja stuff" about one out of every ten classes, and its usually walking methods or unorthodox ways of drawing a sword. Good luck...

Stacey
06-16-2002, 08:27 PM
wanna be a ninja?

1. Learn a cma
2. Wear a black outfit and read a steven hays book.

Kevin
06-16-2002, 08:32 PM
Oh God, dont read any of those...

Chang Style Novice
06-16-2002, 10:37 PM
I saw a whole bunch of them on Telemundo earlier today.

Former castleva
06-17-2002, 04:18 AM
dogx,Luck!

Always seemed like an interesting art to me,as previously noted,there may be mysticism and possibly bad schools around because of dark appearance of not that well-known art.

I think there used to be ninjutsu practitioners in this forum (maybe still are) and sites like www.martialtalk.com and www.e-budo.com might be found helpful.

So once again,good luck!
:)