PDA

View Full Version : Holy ****storm, look at this movie !

TzuChan
06-16-2002, 04:53 PM
Waaaa

http://people.zeelandnet.nl/ejkoch/movies/WT2.mpg

**** **** ****, besides the gay sounds, it looks so cool, and I know some of this stuff, so i'm guessing it's effective irl too :)

gnugear
06-16-2002, 05:19 PM
He sure looks ..... strong.

I wonder if Yip Man fought that way.

TzuChan
06-16-2002, 05:35 PM
It's a respected man who made that movie, I mean uh, he's very well known in Wing Chun, keep reading his name on thos board, so i'm guessing this is a good WC/WT style ..

LC-NYC
06-16-2002, 07:49 PM
Very good movie! I saw the whole thing. I beleive it's Gladiator! Very great Movie!

Frank Exchange
06-17-2002, 04:37 AM
Those sort of demos crack me up.

If you really want to show realistic combat, then show it against somebody who is resisting, and not letting himself be thrown around like a rag doll. There were loads of situations in that film where the opponent could have landed a good one, yet didnt bother.

Yes, I know, it was just a demo. :rolleyes:

Mr Punch
06-19-2002, 04:37 AM
The guy's got great shoulders, and knows how to use them...:rolleyes:

Always liked the Carmina Burana, too :(

red5angel
06-19-2002, 06:53 AM
He has no solid structure and no root......... Looks like Chop Saki to me.

TzuChan
06-19-2002, 06:57 AM
The dude in the movie is supposed to be an extremely good sifu, I don't think that he's gonne put movies online where he is blowing a goat...

red5angel
06-19-2002, 07:52 AM
Tzuchan, that probably is his best stuff if a little showy,but taht is the point. If you watch he has no structure, no rooting, he hops around and punches using all the muscle he isnt supposed to. Look at all teh energy he uses doing the job.

TzuChan
06-19-2002, 08:59 AM
Note that it is a mix with escrima and WT if that helps .. but I really don't think that a man that respected in his country is gonne promote WT with him ****ing it up .. would like an instructor to comment the vid..

Geezer
06-19-2002, 10:23 AM
Hi TzuChan,

Why would you restrict yourself to just Wing Tsun books when there are some very informative books out there,that aren't just by Leung Ting.?
No disrespect meant.

Sheldon:)

fa_jing
06-19-2002, 10:43 AM
I think the guy rocks - even though his opponents "gave" themselves to him, for the most part, and all seemed to come at him the same way, with the same style. That's what happens when you demonstrate with your students.

No, he didn't look like he trained in HK, his movements were a little loose like Red5 said, but I think it's tough to stop a guy who throws as many strikes as he does. A legitimate concern would be, is what this guy teaches going to be effective for someone who lacks his physical attributes? Perhaps not, then again, who knows how the guy teaches.

A high-level demonstration of Wing Chun it was not, but a good demonstration of a fighter who has incorporated many aspects of Wing Chun.

P.S. I'm not an instructor.
-FJ

dragontounge2
06-19-2002, 11:48 AM
you fools:rolleyes:

Nichiren
06-20-2002, 02:27 AM
Think of it this way. Victor is one of the most respected and skilled WT sifu's out there. This comes from other high rank WT practitioners and sifu's and then remember that WT has over a 1000 kwoons in Germany only. Do you still think he is bad??? Can all those people be wrong?? Is politics a big part of WT/WC/VT today???

/Cheers...

TzuChan
06-20-2002, 04:16 AM
No I am not simply looking for Leung Ting books, I just would appreciate reading a book from the man who's lineage I'm studying :)

And I agree to that last reply here

hunt1
06-20-2002, 06:10 AM
Nichiren-the answer to your 3 questions is, Yes!