PDA

View Full Version : New MA reality TV Show!

wooha
06-18-2002, 06:53 AM
How's this for an idea for a new TV show..

A cross between Big Brother and Fight Club.
You take a whole bunch of martial artists off someplace, train them intensively for a month and film them constantly. Every week they fight, and the looser gets booted off the show.

Sounds like a crazy idea right?

Well, according to a friend of mine this TV show is actually being made! :eek:

One of his old training partners was just tested and interviewed about taking part in the series.

I for one can't wait to see this one. I'm just ****ed off nobody asked me to be in it. :(

scotty1
06-18-2002, 07:19 AM
What's the betting that they'll pick a whole bunch of (no offense to your friend!) wankers to represent martial artists.

People who make interesting TV, but poor adverts for MA.

wooha
06-18-2002, 07:46 AM
No offence taken, from what I've heard the guy sounds like a wanker anyway.

No doubt they will pick a bunch of complete nobbers, they always do for this kind of thing. But on the plus side, at least we (potentially) get to watch them all beat the crap out of each other this time.:D

Liokault
06-18-2002, 08:03 AM
A friend of mine tried out for it. He is very very fit young has trained in TKD to a very high standard has trained in tai chi for 3 years and has been competeing in san shou unbeaten for a while now.

They turned him down.

He said they want guys who can spar semi contact and look flash.

but on the up side the guys who get picked get to go to china free for a month.

guohuen
06-18-2002, 08:36 AM
I thought being a wanker and a nobber was a basic prerequisite for being on a "reality" show. Isn't "reality show" an oxymoron?

alecM
06-18-2002, 09:04 AM
One of my younger kung fu brothers tried out for the show he made it on to the reserve list. the reason their reason for turning him down is that they said he was too strong.

wooha
06-18-2002, 10:28 AM
Those of you that know people that tried out for this, how did these people find out about the trials for this show? Do I need to read one of those crappy MA mags to find out about opportunities like this?:confused:

Liokault
06-18-2002, 11:06 AM
We did not need to read a crappy martial arts mag (and i am sure that the mag running this forum is not counted as crappy;) ).

Some guy who used to train with my teacher found out that a TV show was looking for a young guy who could fight useing Tai Chi, so as my friend only trains in Tai Chi now and is doing very well in san shou he tried out.

I think it was done on word of mouth as they were looking for specific types.

DelicateSound
06-18-2002, 11:13 AM
Semi-contact?

F*cking typical.

Liokault
06-18-2002, 11:15 AM
Yup semi contact ...lots of star jumps also etc.

just crappy stuff to see who looks good on camera.