View Full Version : Italy knocked out by Korea

Kaitain(UK)
06-18-2002, 06:55 AM
on Golden Goal

'kin hell, what a game

Former castleva
06-18-2002, 08:18 AM
Yeah.
It sounded impossible to me,when I first heard it,but they made it! Sad thing Japan fell too.
Way to go Korea.;)

Repulsive Monkey
06-18-2002, 10:36 AM
Italy so derserved NOT to win. I thought in the first half their shirt pulling and poor tatics was appalling. South Korea werre consumate, and diligent. Italy did show a bit off dominance over Korea, but Korea made me jump right out of my seat with that justifying equaliser and then the golden goal.
I couldn't help but relish the look on the Italians faces when that goal went in.
Well done Korea.

DelicateSound
06-18-2002, 10:52 AM
Korea won through blind determination, level-headedness and team spirit.

Well done to them, every vertically challenged one of them. :)

Better then the dirty Italians.

dre_doggX
06-18-2002, 10:59 AM
or some other thing like soccer, my hunch tells me soccer but Iam not sure.

Liokault
06-18-2002, 11:14 AM
or some other thing like soccer, my hunch tells me soccer but Iam not sure.

dre_doggX you have no time to sit there reading football forums you should be training for your NHB UFC tai chi grandmastery thing.....or drinking more beer!!!!! Leave the football to the UK guys.

guohuen
06-18-2002, 11:31 AM
DISCLAIMER.... I'm part Italian.
Did the Italians throw up their hands and surrender?:p

DelicateSound
06-18-2002, 11:34 AM
No, they got kicked after 80 minutes of p!ss-poor, pathetic football, and then 40 minutes of futile, blind panic in the face of a more committed adversary, who tore them to pieces in a wrath of beautiful hard-graft. :)

And Christian Vieri is a left-footed twat :D

You did ask... :p

guohuen
06-18-2002, 12:00 PM
(Puts on his flame retardant undies) I really don't care for futball unless I'm playing. Watched the Tiger woop fanny this weekend at the U.S. open . Awesome.
P.S. Met his da a couple of times in the service so for me he can do no wrong.:p

DelicateSound
06-18-2002, 12:04 PM
Good walk spoiled.

guohuen
06-18-2002, 12:15 PM
Spoiled wonderfully.

DelicateSound
06-18-2002, 12:22 PM
:D LOL

Each to their own I guess. I can see why people like it. I would if I was any good at it.

Former castleva
06-18-2002, 01:27 PM
No wonder Koreans are pretty good kickers;)

Xebsball
06-18-2002, 05:33 PM
I'm very happy for Korea :D

Too bad the japanese didnt make it, it would be cool.

sticky fingers
06-18-2002, 06:41 PM
How does this relate to this forum?
With the continuing style vs style debates, it shows you that:
a more skilled opponent can be beaten on a bad day;
determination and fighting spirit can make up for lesser skill;
complancency will be your downfall;
just because you train at a good school doesn't mean you will be unbeatable;
the best defense is offense;

oh, and tae kwon do is superior to greco-roman wrestling:D :D

yu shan
06-18-2002, 08:57 PM
I agree with DS, mundane and sloppy. The intense home crowd to me was the winner! Congrats to the Koreans.

Mr Punch
06-19-2002, 03:27 AM
You forgot:

just because you look good in your uniform, doesn't mean you're gonna win!

BTW, I really did think the Japanese should have beaten Turkey. But it was really really strange: everybody I spoke to about it beforehand seemed to have decided that they would lose! Not out of football analysis, more out of some shared feeling of resignation! And most of the supporters were wearing 'kamikaze' on their headbands... only a few were wearing 'banzai', 'ichiban' (Number 1), or 'victory'!!!

And I thought England were the world's best 'gallant losers'! And then, the first half came, and sure enough, the Japanese team seemed to have no confidence...

What was really funny was that all of the fans after the match went ape**** like they'd won! you couldn't move through any of the main city blocks (Tokyo is made up of 23 cities) cos of all the jumping, firework-throwing, chanting proto-hoolies! Like they'd seen coverage of 'the way of behaviour' in World Cup tournaments! Truly odd!:confused:

So, when do the Koreans get to beat you Yanks then?:p :eek:

scotty1
06-19-2002, 04:58 AM
I'm really glad for the Koreans.

Tae Li
06-19-2002, 05:20 AM
Yaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:D

only cos I do taekwondo, otherwise, ppft:P

Tae Li;)

where I live their are heaps pf Turks (turkish people), so you can imagine the insanity when they scored the one goal against Japan....yakes! closed off the streets.

Tae Li;)

Liokault
06-19-2002, 08:42 AM
I see the Italians sacked the Korean player (who plays for an Italian club) who scored the golden goal LOL.

DelicateSound
06-19-2002, 01:37 PM
Anh Jung Kwan?!

Sacked? Really?!

Touchy Iti's........ :rolleyes:

tanglangman
06-20-2002, 08:19 AM
Also, Panini has withdrawn their World Cup sticker
album in protest.

Gabriel
06-20-2002, 07:15 PM
:confused:

Meh, all this soccer talk baffles me.

Richie
06-20-2002, 08:05 PM
That game was bull crap. I so wanted the Korean team to lose. They aren't sportsmenlike and the judging was crappy. How in the world did Totti get a red card? After that, they play went down.

The Korean team fouled and held just as much as the Italian team did. Matter of fact, one of the K. players actually punched a I. player in the chest. NO FOUL! I bet if that game was in Japan and not Korea it would of had a different ending.

I wish they were play the English next. They would stomp Koreans. Good Luck For Spain!

kieofwoo
06-21-2002, 03:23 AM
italy threw the game away, they only have themselves to blame for their loss.

from having been in control of the game, and a goal ahead, the manager decided to take off a forward and replace him with a defensive player.
with this move he gave away the last 1/3 of the pitch allowing korea to gain the initiative and throw attack after attack towards the italians' goal.

although the italians are masters of defending a slim lead, they should have realised that this was a very dangerous game to play in a knock out phase of the tournament, and especially seeing what has happened in the world cup so far.

both sides had missed chances but in the end italy paid the price for not finishing off the koreans when they had the chance.

the game was the most exciting in the world cup so far and a piece of world cup history - not bull anything