PDA

View Full Version : liin waan sarm sao

ged
06-15-2001, 06:26 AM
hey. im just wondering if anyones heard of liin waan sarm sao - ive just started learning it, and im told its a southern internal/external style. im just curious because i can only find one webpage on the net that even mentions it, while other styles have a couple zillion pages each.

thanks

Ben Gash
06-15-2001, 10:23 PM
It means Linked section free hand.
Never heard of it I'm afarid.

"Weapons are the embodiments of fear,
the wise use them only when they have no choice"
Lao Tzu

YeutYatChapChoy
06-16-2001, 01:26 AM
Is it not derived from the Wan King Fist???

FIRE HAWK
06-16-2001, 02:53 AM
lin waan sarm sao (Australian) stylists."
I am currently learning Southern Mantis (lin waan sarm sao)in Australia, I was wondering if anyone here has heard of, or can identify this style? I have only been learning this style for a few months and I am absolutely intruiged about it.
Any information, or anyone learning southern mantis from the Qld/Australia region, could you please contact me via email?

pentae.

michael Apr-25-00, 04:06 PM (CST)
1. "RE: lin waan sarm sao (Australian) stylists."
I,ve been training off/on in sth Tong Long for approx. 15years under various teachers both here in Aust. and England and Hong Kong. Lin Waarn Sao is a joining of Sth T.L. and other styles. I know Tony Connelly from years ago and he knew then more than most, his ability was very high

It is a mixture of Chow Gar Southern Mantis and other arts i think Tai Chi

FIRE HAWK
06-16-2001, 03:10 AM
Liin Waan Sarm Sao (Lian Huan San Shou in Mandarin) is a short range fighting style that can trace its origins back nine generations to the Shaolin monastery.

Liin Waan Sarm Sao (LWSS) means "continuous flowing three hand". The three hands are the three animals of the style: Mantis, Crane and Snake. LWSS has also been called the water fist style, the ancient Shaolin saying "become like water and move like a great river" describes the style most accurately.

LWSS is a holistic style covering many martial aspects, including striking, kicking, seizing, pushing and tackling. It also teaches the use of jin (martial power) and uses exercises such as chi sao to learn to feel the opponent's jin.

The Tao of Liin Waan Sarm Sao is a source of great; inspiration to all practitioners of the style. Some examples of LWSS wisdom are:

True force starts from true softness
True softness starts from your mind
Within stillness there is movement
Within movement there is stillness
Concern yourself with energy not the opponent
Show your enemy nothing
In defense become unknown
Attack with a thousand faces

Website http://www.netspace.net.au/~stanecki/martial/lwss.html

ged
06-16-2001, 05:00 AM
thanks everyone for your info... fire hawk, could u tell me what msg board you found that msg on? (if thats where its from) i searched this one for liin waan sarm sao, and nothing was found. its the right one tho, tony connelly is our sifu. id be interested to talk with someone whos been practicing it for a few years about its usefulness in street fights. the di si hengs will obviously tell me its great in a street fight, and i dont really feel comfortable talking with anyone of the brown/black belts.

thanks once more

cyas

FIRE HAWK
06-16-2001, 07:22 AM
This forum is locked and there is no activity on this forum anymore.But i might know of another forum that talks about it.
http://www.bambootemple.com/scripts/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=DCForumID1&conf=DCConfID1

FIRE HAWK
06-16-2001, 07:31 AM
I had seen the name of your style on this web forum before a long time ago ask them if they have herd of your style there are people who post on this forum that are from Austrlia.
http://www.southernmantis.co.uk/frameChi.html

FIRE HAWK
06-16-2001, 07:42 AM
Hrer is the main webpage to where the forum is at.
http://www.southernmantis.co.uk/

ged
06-16-2001, 08:52 AM
thanks for taking the time to post that link. ive posted a msg, hopefully someone will reply and i can ask some questions...

cya