fiercest tiger
06-18-2002, 09:57 PM
Are the main dragon lung ying pai forms,
1)mor kuil
2)neutralise
3)poisionous snake
4)7 ways of the plum flower
5) 5 horses return to the stable

not in order but wanting to find out the original forms not from the Lam Family itself!

thanks in advance
Garry FT

Ao Qin
06-18-2002, 10:30 PM
First and foremost - what is "the Lam Family itself" telling you? I would be most inclined to believe them! It seems rather folly, to contradict them in fact - the Lam Family being the source, and all!

Anyway, since you ask, and since I most dearly love the subject, I would respond that the most important beginner, novice, and intermediate (hand) forms would be;

Sup Luk Dong
Chut Sing San Sow Program
Sam Tong Gok Kiew
Dan Bin Gau Jiew
Bic Bo Soy Kiew
Ying Jow

Strictly my personal preference of course! I'm certainly not qualified to comment on the higher levels.

Cheers - Ao Qin

fiercest tiger
06-18-2002, 10:38 PM
Hi,

No i mean the forms he learnt from Dai Yuk monk only?

cheers
Garry:)

meltdawn
06-19-2002, 07:33 AM
Garry, are you out for trout or tarpon? :)

Many forms came out of Shaolin. How’s that? I’m not prepared to have a big public discussion about it, I am not qualified enough yet.

I agree with Ao Qin that the seven hands are very important, outside of the forms. When you see how they can go together within a set curriculum, then you get to taste. In regards to forms “post Shaolin”, expansion on a hand that evolves from a single movement, through a drill and into a form is simply progress. Yet few individuals have been or ever will be so well versed in an art that they can break down a concept and rebuild it into a form that is accepted into the set curriculum.

To Ao Qin’s list (which nails my own favorites – jing jow and dan bin!) I would like to add a few more good ones up through intermediate:

Sup Ji
Sarm Ma Chai
Dan Do Put Ma
Say Men Tiu Da
Say Men Bic Da
Mang Fu Tiu Cheung

Every form teaches something so different within the movement and/or principals of the style, that’s it’s hard to make a list without being complete or you’ll miss something. Each of the forms has it’s own “point”. Then again, imagine how much time it must take to get through all of this. The task is monumental!

So now you have a culmination of 17 hand forms. Yes, there are more.

Wow, we can turn the other thread into a weapons one!

fiercest tiger
06-19-2002, 03:49 PM
why are you so defensive i was asking a simple question about the forms of dai yuk monk? YES, techniques and drills blah blah and forms can be made up. It was a question of intrest i wasnt trying to start any shiet! If you didnt know dont answer.

cya later
FT:mad:

Shaolin Master
06-19-2002, 08:48 PM
Hi FT

wouldn't your friend AT be able to provide the answers to the Dragon Style.

Classically (legendarily)
Mo Bridge, Poison Snake, Neutralise Extreme, 5 horse to stable

The others were developed as meltdown mentioned from the primary fists in various combinations

Mui Fa is a latter addition.

Thing is that even the so-called Tai Yuk monk forms were redeveloped adding repetitions and these are those popularly practised.

Hope everyone is well :)

fiercest tiger
06-19-2002, 11:36 PM
YES! I spoke to him today, although when i had this question in mind i was on the puter so i thought i will start a thread here and see what others also would think.

He said the real forms of lung ying are the ones i said without 7 ways, but being taught in dragon these are the main you should have to know dragon, these are from lo fo shan or something like that. The rest isnt from dai yuk!!:) SO he answer my question and now i can rest..hahahaha

hows things with you? you still teaching in darling harbour?

later
Garry

Shaolin Master
06-20-2002, 12:19 AM
yep, but not for long.

Will be living in China for the next few years.

fiercest tiger
06-20-2002, 12:29 AM
working or kung fu or abit of both huh? North, south any particular art you going to learn?

Shaolin Master
06-20-2002, 12:42 AM
working & teaching & learning all at once.

tracing my uncles from my teacher Zhou (Chuo Jiao/Fan Zi/TangLang/Tongbei)...

howz u been ?

meltdawn
06-20-2002, 06:23 AM
Yo dawg, chill. :)

I apologise for being misconstrued as being defensive, I was attempting to be honest and light-hearted. I may have different understanding than others; no need to discuss until I know more.

Take, for example, the sabre thread. I don't have a form in my curriculum. Others do. Now we know why.

I only say "trout" because this is a well-hashed subject already. I can't contribute any more than what I have, but it would be nice to see it evolve.

fiercest tiger
06-20-2002, 03:19 PM
Ok!:)

tnwingtsun
07-06-2002, 11:48 PM
Got a question,Message me soon bro!