PDA

View Full Version : FreeMasons and Kung Fu

Serpent
06-18-2002, 10:33 PM
Are any members of this board FreeMasons? What can you tell us about FreeMasonry?

In a blatantly transparent attempt to keep this thread on-topic and off the deletion list (Kung lek, take you finger AWAY from that button!) How does FreeMasonry compliment/clash with your MA practice?

Mr Punch
06-19-2002, 02:58 AM
I could tell you.

But then we'd have to kill you.

scotty1
06-19-2002, 05:29 AM
I don't get the whole Freemasons thing.

What I imagine and what is the truth are probably different.

Royal Dragon
06-19-2002, 07:14 AM
I was told the Shaolin Monks were Free Masons by a Kung Fu teacher in the Chicago area once.

Other than that, aren't those guys the local 102 brick laying union?

cagey_vet
06-19-2002, 12:36 PM
you may be surprised...
do a search on google.

David Jamieson
06-19-2002, 01:32 PM
actually...

Most cities that have a china town have a chinese freemasons building and organization, to which it is common for a kung fu school to be attached to or affiliated with.

It is also common for Kuo Min Tang (Chinese Nationalist organization) offices to have a Kung Fu school attached.

Not to mention pretty much any chinese cultural association.

Martial arts are an important part of Chinese society as a whole and are kept and propogated through many other organizations connected with culture and business or academia of the chinese paradigm.

peace

TenTigers
06-19-2002, 03:20 PM
I have been a Mason for over ten years. Basically, it is a fraternal organization based on solid values such as honesty, morality, brotherhood, helping your fellow man, charity-kind of like the concepts of Mo-Duk and Sik-Jo. Nothing like the bad rep the Christian fundmentalists try to pin on us.

Royal Dragon
06-19-2002, 04:49 PM
Every time I have spoken with a Mason (4 times total) they went on and on about world domination nonsense.

Serpent
06-19-2002, 04:50 PM
So TenTigers, what are the requirements to become a Mason? What beliefs or position do you have to have? And what do you do actively about charity and helping others and all that? Tell us all you can/feel like...

David Jamieson
06-20-2002, 06:56 AM
Serpent -

I come from a long line of folks who all belong(ed) to the scottish rite.

To the best of my knowledge, the only key thing you must embrace to become a member of the rite is to have a belief in a higher power than yourself (read:GOD). Beyond that, there are levels of initiation and knowledge that are similar across all masonic organizations.

peace

guohuen
06-20-2002, 08:12 AM
The idea of using the tools of masonry to explain spiritual principals appeals to me greatly. Analogy is one of my favorite learning tools.

Royal Dragon
06-20-2002, 08:23 AM
How does that fit in?

David Jamieson
06-20-2002, 08:37 AM
The whole world domination thing in regards to any of these lodges that preserves knowledge of the ages is propogated by your run of the mill conspiracy theorist types.

However... Knowledge is power ;)

peace

Cody
06-20-2002, 09:11 AM
Did some surfing. Both my parents were part of the Masonic Order. I had the opportunity to join as a child, but did not.

There are some firm requirements, which I will list below. (Some lodges have additional ones).
Joining Freemasonry
1. Being a man, freeborn, of good repute and well-recommended;
2. A belief in a Supreme Being;
3. Ability to support one's self and family;
4. Of lawful age; and
5. Come to Freemasonry of their "own free will and accord".
for further explanation of above, consult
http://www.masonicinfo.com/member.htm

My feelings. If this were for fellowship and doing good, why all the secret rituals? That's a rhetorical question. Unfortunately, I did not take my mom's ritual book when she died. However, I do remember occasionally hearing her rehearse her lines. Names and language sounded Biblical (Old or New Testament?). It's not a religious organization (for any one religion), yet it demands that one be a believer. In it's history, I am wondering if there was a particular religion in mind or favored above others, and whether the acceptance of others was a later development (when?).

I think that there are a lot of demands, which might seem okay and be okay in certain contexts if not taken to extremes (i.e., patriotism). When I perused part of the website of a Skokie, ILL lodge, they quoted form When is a man a Mason?, written by the Reverend Joseph Fort Newton:
"When he has kept faith with himself, with his fellowman, and with his God; in his hand a sword for evil, in his heart a bit of a song - glad to live, but not afraid to die!"
This goes beyond the simplicity of charitability and good fellowship. An atheist can't be a Mason. Sorry, doesn't feel right to me. I know, every club has a right to its own rules. That is so.

So, while I think that Masonry might offer a good outlet to believers who want to join an organization and do good in the world, I feel there might be another side to this too, and the possibility of other aims which might not be universally present in all Masonic lodges.
Because of the ritualism, the secrecy, bringing children into the fold (The International Order of the Rainbow for Girls), there is room for a cult-like definition.
I haven't researched this, but have read that the history of Masonry links up with the Illuminati. There seems to be a history of religious strife and some themes of domination in the background, which require time to get to the bottom of. It gets too muddy for me to investigate without serious concentration which I must devote to other things.

I had no idea that there was Freemasonry in China.

Cody

guohuen
06-20-2002, 09:17 AM
I could be stepping in it here but I understand the whole idea of secrecy, ie. using analogy to explain spiritual principles was to circumvent the churches ban on lay people reading scripture.

Cody
06-20-2002, 09:27 AM
I have no idea. Yet, if that is so, why perpetuate it? I suspect, without researching, that there could be another layer. ?

thanx,
Cody

guohuen
06-20-2002, 09:36 AM
Come on folks, share! I want to know also.

dragontounge2
06-20-2002, 09:41 AM
Ignorant fools do you even know what you are talking about??:mad:

guohuen
06-20-2002, 10:05 AM
No Sir. That's why I'm asking.

Royal Dragon
06-20-2002, 10:27 AM
I don't know about you, but I'm talking about world domination and the Mason's plans for it.

dragontounge2
06-20-2002, 10:35 AM
type it into a search this is a kung fu forum.

Radhnoti
06-20-2002, 11:40 AM
I was in a car trip with a particularly talkative mason once. He kept saying that if a mason was to "give up the secrets" he'd have to "cut him from left to right" (add thumb gesture across throat). Kept saying he'd taken an oath or something. His belief was that masonry was an organization founded when Christianity was a persecuted religion and the secrecy was built in to protect the rest of the order. Also, it was his belief that the secrecy was maintained 1. For the mystique and 2. In case a time of persecution ever arises for Christianity again.

Also note that while telling me that oaths have been sworn the guy kept giving out tidbits of info...unpressed. He seemed quite happy to be in a "secret organization".
He showed us the handshake and mentioned he could stand on the corner of "any major city" and make a "mason signal of distress" and other members were supposed to stop and give him money. He rambled on about how cool it was for EASILY 30 minutes. :D

By this time, I was using his phrase "from left to right" so often that even he saw we were amused with how much he was letting out that he'd (apparently) sworn not to ever speak about to another. And he changed the subject. My friends who were there and I still speak of "cutting left to right" whenever conspiracy type talk comes around.

On a more serious note, I believe that the Shriners are "graduated" masons...and I don't think there exists a more noble organization...any group that sponsors hospitals that give free operations to children in need gets high marks from me.

Serpent
06-20-2002, 04:35 PM
One suggestion is that the Masons were a development from the Knights Templar, when they were no longer needed.

The Knights Templar were a warrior order of Christianity, like the Monks of Shaolin, so this is surprisingly on-topic!

Could the Masons be the contemporary equivalent of a western version of Shaolin Monks?

Serpent
06-20-2002, 04:36 PM
Without the fighting skills any more, of course!

Cody
06-20-2002, 06:40 PM
Learning as I am going on with this. Just off the top (a fast and incomplete view), I don't think I would equate Masonic Order with Shaolin monks.

"There are many historical accounts of the Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Jesus Christ, or Knights of the Temple, more commonly referred to as Knights Templar. They were formed as a result of the Crusades doing battle with the Moslems and the capture of Jerusalem around 1099. Jerusalem fell and the Holy City belonged to the Crusaders....." .
"Men, women and children pressed forward on their pilgrimage to the sacred city only to find that although Jerusalem was in Christian hands, the Moslems still controlled Palestine."
"This was the circumstance that set the stage for Templary. A small band of Crusaders remaining after the conquest recognized the plight of the pilgrims and bound themselves in a holy Brotherhood in arms, entering into a solemn agreement to aid one another in clearing the highways, and in protecting the pilgrims through the passes and defiles of the mountains to the Holy City."
"In short, the Knights Templar were laymen who protected and defended Christians traveling to Jerusalem. These men took vows of poverty, chastity and obedience, and were renowned for their fierceness and courage in battle." Many comments have been made, including what follows on the website I have quoted from, that there was extensive wealth connected with the Templar. It moved underground. "...when Templary emerged in the early 1700's it was a part of Freemasonry. THERE IS NO PROOF OF DIRECT CONNECTION BETWEEN THE ANCIENT ORDER AND THE MODERN ORDER KNOWN TO DAY AS THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR."

"All Knights Templar are members of the world's oldest fraternal organization known as "The Ancient Free and Accepted Masons" or more commonly known as "Masons". However, not all masons are Templars. Templary is a part of the Masonic structure known as the "York Rite of Freemasonry"."

Above quotes taken from website of Grand Encampment of Knights Templar of the United State of America.
http://www.knightstemplar.org/index.html

Thought you might find this interesting.

Cody

Gabriel
06-20-2002, 07:37 PM
hmmm...all this stuff is COMPLETELY new to me...Freemasons, what are they religious bricklayers? Checked site out, doesn't really help much. Says they're a fraternity, but of what, and for what purpose? I saw something about them being a society that was devised to protect Christianity when it was oppressed. Also, they seem to have a pretty selective admission process..i found this on the site,and im a bit puzzled..

"The "Esoteric School" of Freemasonry which explores the 'occult subtext' of Freemasonry is a minute minority. Nothing more...."

So they are into the occult as well?

"Masonry - also known as Freemasonry. "The" organization! Sometimes referred to as the 'Blue Lodge' (because Masonic allegory makes a reference to the 'covering' of the lodge being the star-decked canopy of the heavens) but more properly called the 'Craft Lodge' since the 'craft' of Freemasonry is taught and learned there, Masonry has three 'degrees':"

Hmm...very curious, ill have to do some research on this, as I never knew about such an organization..

Cody.

"Learning as I am going on with this. Just off the top (a fast and incomplete view), I don't think I would equate Masonic Order with Shaolin monks. "

While my view is even more incomplete than yours, i did find this on that site, as I'm sure you've seen.

"Masons believe in the concepts of Brotherly Love, Relief, Truth, Faith, Hope, Charity, Temperance, Fortitude, Prudence and Justice and as a result, have no problem setting aside differences which divide in favor of similarities which unite. For those who preach a message of divisiveness and/or hate, this ability is both confusing and abhorrent - yet for Freemasons, it is entirely within character."

This all sounds a bit sappy to me....but this description sounds kinda like the idealistic way of the warrior . Ya know, the "true martial code"? Jus' without the fighting, it seems.

I'm fascinated by this thing. Still trying to get a handle on what they actually do though. :confused:

Gabriel

Serpent
06-20-2002, 08:17 PM
Jeezus, Cody! The analogy was drawn to keep the subject on topic while we learn more about Freemasonry. Get with the program!

However, I would be interested to hear what exactly it is that the Freemasons do and if it does follow the tenets of the warrior caste they have evolved from.

Any good websites or books on Masonry?

I've mentioned it in another thread, but The Hiram Key is a good study of the roots of Freemasonry and its connection to the Templars. Any others?

Serpent
06-20-2002, 08:22 PM
OMG! :eek: Check this out:

http://www.thefreemason.com/

Serpent
06-20-2002, 08:25 PM
They have Forums!

:eek: :cool: :D :cool: :eek:

Serpent
06-20-2002, 08:56 PM
Check out this thread in particular:

http://www.thefreemason.com/cgi-bin/board/topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=255&start=0

Cody
06-20-2002, 10:09 PM
Serpent. I ride the horse of topic into the night, or should I say knight. gallop gallop gallop crash! oh that armor smarts.
:D

okay. back into the labyrinth of Masons and Knights. In terms of Kung Fu. If allegiance to one's kwoon does not interfer with Masonic membership and vice versa, there might be no problem.

I don't think it's that All Masons are evolved from a warrior caste. It is the Templar Knight who fit that best, in the past. um, maybe it would be best to figure out the role of the Masonic Order in China, first. When did it first appear, and under what circumstances. The juxtaposition of kwoons and lodges is interesting. Did (do) the lodges require the services of martial artists? Do the lodges there use the Bible, as here?

Gabriel. For example, the California Freemasonry supports The Masonic Home for Adults at Union City. This provides health care and housing for retired masons and their wives. Also, The Masonic Home for Children at Covina (run without any government agency support). At risk, disturbed or orphaned children are admitted for long-term care here.
The work that the Shriner's do for ailing little ones is generally well-known. Incidentally, one must have achieved Master Mason level in order to join the Shrine.
Yes, the idealistic way is touted. Not unusal for many groups.

I hand the chalk and eraser over to more capable hands.

Cody

Cody
06-20-2002, 10:41 PM
On the Zetland Hall site, found that Freemasonry was brought to China on the Prince Carl (a ship of the Swedish East India Company), by the freemasons on board. Canton, 1759
http://www.zetlandhall.com/history2.htm

Serpent
06-20-2002, 10:48 PM
And here's the official word on the original history of Freemasonry from the British site:

http://www.thefreemason.com/whatis.asp

(The site is www.thefreemason.com )

firepalm
06-21-2002, 12:29 AM
Freemasons & the whole Knights Templar back story really only scratches the surface, read 'Holy Blood Holy Grail' or do a search on 'Rennes Le Chateau' or better yet the 'Priory of Zion (Sion)'. Some theorize that the Knights of Templar, which later evolved into the Freemasons, were actually protecting the Christ bloodline (crucifixiation was staged & he fathered children with Mary Magdalene and subsequently booked to France). Personally I don't buy into it as I think most religion is just a fabrication to control society (or as Morpheus said to Neo 'to imprison your mind').

With regards to Chinese Freemasons, no connection whatsoever to. Hung Mun society adopted the Western term for their society when the British occupied Hong Kong.

Just my two bits...:cool:

@PLUGO
06-25-2002, 04:35 PM
On Templars:
From what I've read, They did amass quite a bit of wealth durring their high point so much so that the Vatican had them excamunicated claiming they were a worshiping a severed head (John the Baptist?) Idolitry, and seducing boys...appariently they recruited young.

Others believed this was all a way for the Catholic Church to aquire their wealth. Some also believe there's an on-going Secret War between the Catholic Church & the Lodge of Freemasons... lots of liberal conspiracy theory here for sure!!!

Freemasons:
In my Art history class we touched on the Building of Cathedrals, and how it was such a specific craft, that some of the best masons attained "freedom" from servitude to Royalty. This eventually lead to the formation of a lodge of Freemasons devoted to guarding and preserving the secret crafts of masonry needed to build a catherdral. (remember, the building of such a structure spanned several generations) However this rise in a "unionised" work force also brought them into conflict with Royalty as well as the Catholic Church.

Some books have speculated that Jack the Ripper was a Mason, that's why he was never found.

"...Who will aid the widow's son..."

omegapoint
06-27-2002, 03:26 PM
I'm not even going to read the replies, because I have this feeling you guys don't know isht about this topic either.

Freemasons and Petty-masons (minorities often-like Clinton, hahahaha) are all about elitism. They believe in BS Social-Darwinistic "survival of the fittest" principles (which are totally WRONG) and doing for their kind (fellow brothers). You have to be recommended, so try and join with no recommendation. They (average members) are higher level pawns than the rest of us, but they still don't have a clue as to what the true intent of Masonry is.

If you want to be a better man that is a singular journey. It can't be coaxed, molded or dominated into you. Otherwise it ain't all YOU. You get it! All fraternities are elitist havens and the Masonic orders are no different. BTW you mason types, if it's such a good thing for humanity why don't you actively recruit all good people regardless of color, creed, religion or GENDER??? Yeah knowledge is power, and he who controls the knowledge (and information) has all the power. Didn't you guys read/see "Lord of the Rings"? You know with all it's All-Powerful, All-Seeing Eye bullisht? What does the word Sauron mean (it's weird how "Serpent" started this post)? Tolkien was telling you (they always do 'cause they know folks don't/won't have a clue as to what they are talking about) about world dynamics. Look at the back of a US dollar bill. That's all I'll say....The USA is based upon a Judeo-Christian foundation-------- BULL S H I TTTTT!!!

The greatest trick satan ever played was in making people think he didn't exist. That's the god those elitist types worship...... Remember RIF!!!! Trick fools....

BTFW, why Free- masons and Petty- masons? It isn't only black muslims and evangelical christians who got that racket pegged. There are many powerful people who know what's up, and they're playin' the players, if you know what I mean. I'ts slow but turnabout WILL be fair play. The world is the way it is b/c of sucker, geek, sociopathic organizations like masonry. Learn to find your own friends!

Remember the Revolution has just begun and it will not be televised!

chingei
06-27-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by omegapoint
I'm not even going to read the replies, because I have this feeling you guys don't know isht about this topic either.

Originally posted by omegapoint
"Hey foolio you are obviously none-too-swift. I was letting you narrow-minded dumb f u ck s understand that all styles are essentially internal (and external). .

That doesn't allow me to kick a s s any better or worse though, What the F u ck do you know about fighting on the streets for real? You are an argumentative simpleton like the majority of little kids that post here, and will go through the rest of your lives without an inkling. If you want to teach me something about internal and external aspects of combat just tell me. We can get together and you will s h it your pants. I'm one of the countless dumb fuxxxx that post here without an ounce of fighting ability (internal or otherwise), trying to make like I know what's up. I give out my ass.

So you want the discourteous OmegaPoint? What the f u k k do you know about anything? I'm a friggin' Med. Student with science knowledge and understanding to back up the esoteric! I trained in Asia with real Shifu/Shinshiis/Senseis/Gurus and you spout from a very limited perspective. I trained personally with Professor Caique and Ryron Gracie! I train with one of the foremost masters of Okinawan ShuriTe on the friggin' planet! So hit me up if you want me to hit you up!!! F u ck you, you couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag, and that's the truth about fighting!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D :rolleyes: :p

Serpent
06-27-2002, 05:14 PM
So Omegapoint. They wouldn't let you in the Masons then?

guohuen
06-27-2002, 08:57 PM
"The greatest trick satan ever played was in making people think he didn't exist."
Sounds like you've read The Scr*w Tapes.

Ao Qin
06-28-2002, 03:45 PM
Omegapoint (and company),

You are a bit mistaken...

Freemasonry is open to all people, of all religious persuasions. In my Lodge for example, the last master was an Egyptian, this year, a Filipino, next year, a Yugoslavian. Some are Protestant; some are Christian, some Jewish, and some Muslim. We don't ask, and certainly no one has to tell us. As mentioned, the one criterion is that you do believe in a "supreme being".

There are certainly female institutions within Freemasonry as well - my Wife for example, is part of the Eastern Star...

There are no secrets, but like in Kung Fu, the secrets reveal themselves as you travel down a prescribed path of morality, hard work, and honest living. No one can give you these "secrets" in kungfu either. Secrets are merely things other people can't share, because you have not experienced it, and therefore would not understand.

It's easy to join folks - I personally knew no one within the Craft before I decided to become a part of it. I did my research, talked to people, and they welcomed me with open arms. I'm not saying people don't abuse the Craft and it's teachings - we are all human - "every saint has a past, every sinner has a future"...
It's not a cult, and certainly not elitist - just the opposite in fact.

The sad thing is that people do their research (if they bother), with closed minds - looking for, and finding (called a self-fulfilling prophesy) whatever they want to see. Kind of similar to the old "empty your cup" story...

Best of luck in your searches!

David Jamieson
06-28-2002, 04:36 PM
A very good response Ao Qin.

Omegapoint, you really must stop reading conspiracy theorist magazines and watching movies such asskull and bones and from hell. hahahahaha.

The Masonic organizations of the world preserve knowledge for everyone, not just themselves. Without these lodges, we as a species would be trapped in an endless cycle of not knowing as opposed to having the shoulders of giants to stand on so that we may see far.

It is also helpful to have others make mistakes for you. They learn from them and distill the information further to pass along to you.

And frankly, if an educated and all be it slightly illuminated organization has a plan for making the world a better place to live in for all of us then I for one am ok with that.

peace

omegapoint
06-28-2002, 06:10 PM
Did anyone see that Freemason documentary on The History Channel last night? I know what's up with the masons, and the rest of the holier than thou types. It's all a smoke screen! "Craft" !!! Where's the prefix? Later, hahahaha....

SevenStar
06-28-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by guohuen
"The greatest trick satan ever played was in making people think he didn't exist."
Sounds like you've read The Scr*w Tapes.

Or that he's seen "The Usual Suspects"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And then, like that *poof*, he was gone"

I friggin love that movie.

Back on topic though, I grew up around masonry - my father is a past master. I don't buy into the whole conspiracy thing you're spouting Omegapoint. I have heard some wild stuff about the templars though...

Black Jack
06-29-2002, 10:11 AM
That sucks,

So even though I am a good and honest citizen, charitable and hard working, I can not join a Masonic Lodge, as my grandfathers did, just because I do not believe in a divine pressence.

Pity, they are missing a lot of good people out there.

Merryprankster
06-29-2002, 10:22 AM
It is frightening to me, that in the face of clear evidence that suggests that shriners and masons are decent people who provide charity to those in need, how quickly many people are willing to believe in negative publicity.

It's like an argument I got into with an English professor of mine w/regards to metaphors:

Sometimes, a bridge is just a bridge, and there is no hidden meaning.

neito
06-30-2002, 11:03 PM
Ao Qin- Master Chan is a freemason is he not? he always plays mah-jong at the freemason lodge

guohuen
07-01-2002, 11:15 AM
I prefer aethiest over religious people. They don't pretend to have all the answers.

dragontounge2
07-01-2002, 11:27 AM
I would provide you all with a good web site. But first any body know about dajall? I dont know anything about the arabic religion but there are some interesting aspects. For prankster why are you so willing to belive that the masons are so grateful and giving? it appears to be this way? There is virtually nothing about the true teachings of masons and their belief. So what publicity do you speak of? What ever. well see in the end but choose his hell and not his heaven.;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

@PLUGO
07-01-2002, 12:40 PM
Just thought you should all know it was based on a comic Book....

a very good one actually, much more researched and indicaive of "the times" than the movie . . .

too bad this thread's reduced to name calling . . .:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

joedoe
07-01-2002, 04:07 PM
OMG. OK children, that is enough. It was a pretty interesting discussion before. Can we get back on topic please?

Serpent
07-01-2002, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I second JoeDoe. Chingei, you accuse athiests of having ego and thinking they have all the answers, yet you post as though you have all the answers. Hypocrisy.

Also (and I'm not speaking for BlackJack here, but generalising) atheism doesn't mean a lack of spirituality. It means no belief in a supreme deity and having no religion.

Religion is possibly the biggest detriment to spirituality that there is and when religions or belief systems of any kind clash, there will always be an immovable object against an unstoppable force.

So let it go.

BlackJack has his beliefs, Chingei has his. And to be fair, the agressor here, trying to force his beliefs on another, was Chingei.

So, back to topic anyone?

David Jamieson
07-01-2002, 10:16 PM
That took me ten minutes to selectively delete the namecalling please don't resort to it again.

This thread can progress at it's regular pace.

This has been a -kinder, gentler, machine gun hand- production.

peace

omegapoint
07-01-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar

Or that he's seen "The Usual Suspects"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And then, like that *poof*, he was gone"

I friggin love that movie.

Back on topic though, I grew up around masonry - my father is a past master. I don't buy into the whole conspiracy thing you're spouting Omegapoint. I have heard some wild stuff about the templars though...

Haha, no doubt, that movie was ah-ight! With the age and education level present on this board I thought I'd use a quote that was cool, memorable and actually 100% correct. You don't have to believe me, just look around at all the suns, pyramids and other masonic symbols used in every facet of business and government (and society in general). Did anyone see that documentary on THC last week about early America and the masonic connection (Iask for the second time)? That wasn't bull that was straight up.

Anyway, the Templars are (now) Scottish Rite Freemasons, so you're on point, kinda'. Research isht for yourself. Go to a real library or search on the web. Give me something that proves my take is wrong. Remember "secret" comes from "sacred".

BTW, brother, aren't you African-American? Was your dad a Freemason, or a Pettymason? Just wondering. Like I said if it is so righteous and life-changing why don't they go out and actively recruit folks of every persuasion, especially females? The world needs something. Not "Ordo Ap Chao" ("make chaos then impose order"). Why can a dentist that's a mason talk about his patients (although he ain't 'sposed too), but can and never will talk about stuff that goes on at the temple or lodge?

C'mon MP and 7Star give me proof that you know more about this stuff than me...

Serpent
07-01-2002, 11:57 PM
Omegapoint, it seems that a number of us now know more than you because we've researched the subject during the course of this thread. Why don't you go and check the links I gave earlier and have a read. Then come back and argue the points from an informed perspective. I'm intrigued to hear your take on it, but you have to have the decency to base your argument against the words of the Masons themselves, not on heresay and supposition.

Merryprankster
07-02-2002, 11:52 AM
The burden of proof is always on the person making the positive, vice negative claim.

Besides which, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

KC Elbows
07-02-2002, 12:13 PM
So, if I understand correctly, once one has mastered the craft of freemasonry, they can then ride little mini-bikes in parades?

I'm in. World domination and mini-bikes. That truly is heaven.

BTW, the catholic church also does lots of good work aiding the poor and sick, etc. Nonetheless, they also have political agendas of their own. Not saying catholics are bad, just saying that organizations that have enough money to do these sorts of charities also have enough money to do their own business, be it good or bad.

Just saying that the truth is probably somewhere between ruling the world with an iron fist and curing lepers.

OK, where do I order my mini-bike, I'm going shriner for sure!

Merryprankster
07-02-2002, 01:32 PM
Just saying that the truth is probably somewhere between ruling the world with an iron fist and curing lepers.

KC--Exactly.

KC Elbows
07-02-2002, 01:50 PM
I love being right. Do I get a mini-bike?

Merryprankster
07-02-2002, 02:02 PM
You get donkey snuff films.

KC Elbows
07-02-2002, 02:12 PM
Oh, goodie!:D

SevenStar
07-02-2002, 11:47 PM
more conspiracy theory

http://www.cuttingedge.org/n1040.html

:rolleyes:

guohuen
07-03-2002, 08:41 AM
I now recant every anti phycoactive or chemical restraint drug statement I have ever made. I see they do have a purpose.

KC Elbows
07-03-2002, 09:46 AM
"The average citizen of any country simply cannot conceive that their leaders may consistently have evil in their hearts toward the very people they are leading."

Wow, I'm not sure the authors have ever heard of the third world, but they might want to check it out.

"Therefore, we can know with certainty that these circles of this Pentagram were used to denote powerful spiritual forces. And, of course, these spiritual forces are from Lucifer."

Of course. Were the pa kua stylists also in on it?

"Of course, a pyramid is nothing more than a triangle."

Apparently, these guys have only seen Egypt in a mod for the original Microsoft Flight Simulator. "OK, we're through the flat mountains, and there is the Triangle of Cheops!"

"In I Ching, for example, North is the "place one reports to the master on accomplishments". (New Age Dictionary). "

Well, at least they get their I Ching knowledge from credible sources.:rolleyes:

"Of course, the number 13 represents rebellion against God's authority, and is generally thought of as Satan's number."

Weren't there 13 people at the Last Supper? Anyway, enough of my banter, there's more important stuff here...

"Look again at the United States Capitol. At the extreme Eastern side of the Capitol, you can see two cul-de-sacs which are irregularly shaped. In fact, when you draw a bold black line carefully around these cul-de-sacs, and continue the black line around the Capitol, you get the appearance of a fat bunny's head, with the cul-de-sacs as his ears..."

Good God!! They're right!!!:eek:

"In other words, both the Executive and the Legislative Branches of Government are to be controlled by Satan."

I needed a map of D.C. to figure this out?

"The Washington Monument is the most important Presidential monument to the occultist, because it is an obelisk set inside a circle.... The obelisk is critically important to the occultist because they believe that the spirit of the ancient Egyptian sun god, Ra, resided in the obelisk. Thus, the obelisk represents the very presence of the sun god, whom the Bible calls Satan!!"

That's funny, I though the obelisk in the circle was a phallus in a vagina. Could someone tell me exactly when an obelisk in a circle is just the sun god Ra in a circle? Geez, this Freudian stuff is getting way too complicated.

"The total cost of the Washington Monument was reported to be $1,300,000, showing again a most important Masonic number, 13. "

:D

"And, now the end is apparently in sight."

I think, with a little work, this could make a good slogan.

"Once you have been thoroughly trained, you can also use your knowledge as a means to open the door of discussion with an unsaved person. "

Any unsaved people here?

"You can accept Christ and be born again right now, right where you are! "

Is there a link? Of course there is:

http://www.scpronet.com/point/images/finger.jpg

gazza99
07-03-2002, 03:01 PM
the spies know all