PDA

View Full Version : Admiration for others

Sihing73
06-19-2002, 07:32 AM
Hello,

I have noticed a trend in some posts of putting forth a particular approach as the one to aim for. While I think it is wonderful to have confidence in ones method and to have faith in the Sifu, I think it is a bit improper to contintue to expound a particular method or approach as the best out there. Keeping in mind that there are members of various lineages on this board who all have confidence in their own approach, and they should if it works for them, lets realize that there is no ONE way to do things. At least not one that we will all agree on ;) .

Having said this I would like to point out the dangers of coninuosly promoting one particular method or lineage. First of all it serves to keep the art fragmented as those not of that lineage will feel many things ranging from disbelief to threatened. No one wants to have their approach negated in any way and implying that someone does an inferior method will do little to unify or promote the art. Besides, sometimes one may develope a narrow focus and not be open to something outside of this line which may be of help.

I applaud those who are ardent in their desire to learn Wing Chun. I also fully appreciate the wish to let others know when you have found what works best for you. It is commendable to want to share this with others, especially if driven by a desire to help others on the path as well. However, it gets a little old to keep putting forth thread after thread which seems intended to simply keep promoting one particular lineage or method.

I would ask everyone to consider whether a post has already been addressed and if it serves any purpose to post additional material on the same subject.

Remember, one of the goals here is to allow members of ALL lineages to discuss the art without politics. Why not work to unify the art and accept that all methods are valid.

Peace,

Dave
PS We all know that MY WAY is the BEST anyhow, right??:D

planetwc
06-19-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Sihing73
PS We all know that MY WAY is the BEST anyhow, right??:D [/B]

Yes!

And that is why I am filled with admiration for you my kung fu brother! :p

yuanfen
06-19-2002, 11:16 PM
Really!:D
Really?:D
Oh-I see- really.
Really-really?:)
O- why really?

yuanfen
06-19-2002, 11:26 PM
My secret teacher is a GM from Burbank. Since all branches
are coequal...hurrah!

Onward wing chun soldiers
marching off to war
With the tattered plum blossom
Going on before

Pushpin is as good as poetry!
Really:cool: :) :p :eek: :rolleyes: :)
Really////?????????????????????

popsider
06-20-2002, 06:05 AM
Is this thread sticky for a reason ?

yenhoi
06-20-2002, 06:45 AM
Your way must be the only way, thats why you get stickys.

Okay, everyone hug, discuss things wihtout politics, and all be nice little nazis.

old jong
06-20-2002, 07:24 PM
Yuanfen is my Si-Bak so he is the best!...:cool: