PDA

View Full Version : Authentic WingTsun and Dynamic WingTsun by Leung Ting

TzuChan
06-19-2002, 02:24 PM
These two videos, I'm searhcing for a couple of days now. Can't find it, not even on amazon.com. leungting.com's shop simply doesn't work (can't click the links ..). If there is somebody from EUROPE, that has ordered one of these tapes or knows where to easily get them in European (pal) format, PLEASE, reply !

Greetz

PHILBERT
06-19-2002, 04:20 PM
Ive watched Authentic WingTsun (not Dynamic yet) and other than the rare footage of Yip Man performing, IMO it isnt worth it. They show the first 2 forms really fast, then do a little summary over SLT and Chum Kiu, then do Chi Sao for what seemed like forever, then some other stuff. Unless you got some extra cash (it was going for $50 but I rented it), I would just rent this one. As for Dynamic WT, I havent watched that one yet, havent gotten around to renting it.

TzuChan
06-20-2002, 04:18 AM
They ain't from Yip Man , they're from Leung Ting.

sunkuen
06-20-2002, 05:53 AM
DUH!!!:rolleyes:

IronFist
06-20-2002, 10:49 AM
I bought them both on eBay, but I think the guy sent me copies and not originals. ::coughillegalcough::

Anyway, Dynamic Wing Tsun (the one without Yip Man performing) is pretty cool. There's supposed to be a book that goes along with it. There's a lot of information on it, but because it's Leung Ting's lineage some of the stuff is done a bit differently from WSL or Augustine Fong.

I forgot how the one with Yip Man is, and I as actually planning on watching it again today anyway so maybe I'll let you know how it is, too.

Btw, I think Wing Lam sells these videos... www.wle.com (http://www.wle.com) but I think they're like $50 each. Try eBay first.

IronFist

PHILBERT
06-20-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by TzuChan
They ain't from Yip Man , they're from Leung Ting.

I am fully aware it is from Leung Ting, however in the video it shows rare footage of Yip Man performing SLT and the Mook Yan Jong. Other than watching him, I found this video to be more of an encyclopedia than for training. Sure it was good, but not good for training with, but rather more of an encyclopedia. He tries to put so much into it within 1 hour they spend a couple minutes on each thing before moving on.

IronFist, yeah there is a book called Dynamic Wing Tsun, though I dont own it (my instructor does though). Instead I purchased the Wing Tsun Kuen book (cost me $42, worth every penny) in hard back.

I am considering on renting the Dynamic video soon (I have to put a $30 deposit on it) though it probably wont be until next week before I check it out to see if its any good.

IronFist
06-20-2002, 05:24 PM
The video is funny because there's a laugh track in the background during the "wrong" demonstrations with the guy wearing the shirt that says "I'm wrong."

I agree, it's kind of an encyclopedia, and for those of you who have sifus it might not be as valuable. However, the footage of Yip Man, while not high quality, is very cool.

IronFist

PHILBERT
06-20-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
The video is funny because there's a laugh track in the background during the "wrong" demonstrations with the guy wearing the shirt that says "I'm wrong."

I agree, it's kind of an encyclopedia, and for those of you who have sifus it might not be as valuable. However, the footage of Yip Man, while not high quality, is very cool.

IronFist

Oh man, I totally forgot about that in the video, that was hilarious, reminded me of an old Scooby Doo episode.

Im surprised however that I have yet to stumble upong [il]legal duplications of the Yip Man footage on the net. Seems something someone would do and go post somewhere.