PDA

View Full Version : Forearm pain

SevenStar
06-19-2002, 02:25 PM
The past few sessions, when I perform lifting or pressing movements, specifically curling and benching, there is a slight pain in my forearm. The weight is not too heavy...Any ideas what this could be?

IronFist
06-19-2002, 05:58 PM
Where on your forearm does it hurt?

Does it hurt when you let go of the bar, or does it hurt during the exercise itself. Or does it hurt later on when you're done exercising?

IronFist

SevenStar
06-19-2002, 09:59 PM
When I'm benching, it hurts after I rack the weight. If I'm curling, it hurts during the upward movement. It hurts in like the middle to inside area of the forearm.

IronFist
06-20-2002, 11:30 AM
If it hurts when you rack the weight, just try letting go of the bar slowly. Sometimes when I used to do barbell curls I would get that pain... letting go slowly seems to help. If you're having pain DURING the movement on curls, then maybe take a week or two off from doing that movement. Try pullups or dumbell curls in the meantime.

Good luck,

IronFist

Water Dragon
06-20-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by SevenStar
It hurts in like the middle to inside area of the forearm.

How long you been sleeping on the couch Sev? :D

fa_jing
06-20-2002, 11:59 AM
How's the Jow? Does it help?

-FJ

SevenStar
06-21-2002, 06:37 AM
The jow is excellent! You know what though? I never even considered using it for this - the pain is only while lifting/racking - depending on which of the two exercises I'm doing - and as soon as the weight is down, the pain is gone - almost instantly. It's just annoying that I feel it when I do these exercises, as it never happened before. If I wasn't used to the poundages I'm doing, I'd say that I was doing too much, but it's the same weight I normally use. I'll try the jow and see if it helps any.