PDA

View Full Version : Pekiti-Tirsia

ewallace
06-19-2002, 02:47 PM
Anyone familiar or have experience with this system?

Boffo
06-19-2002, 03:27 PM
I got a tiny bit of experience. What do you want to know?

ewallace
06-19-2002, 06:48 PM
I am just trying to decide if I want to start training in this system. I have not gone to check out the school yet, but I will either tomorrow or next week. I am just wanting to find out what other people who have or had experience with the system think about it in general.

Did you like it? If you only trained in it for a little while what was the reason you did not continue?

Boffo
06-20-2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by ewallace
Did you like it? If you only trained in it for a little while what was the reason you did not continue?

It seemed okay. I still practice a couple of the strikes.

The reason why I didn't continue is that the Pekiti-Tirsia instructor left our school because he was moving across the USA. Other FMA were offered so I went with those.

apoweyn
06-20-2002, 01:11 PM
Boffo,

Do you mind if I ask where you train? I'm in Alexandria now. Just curious.

To the original question, my teacher had some experience with pekita tersia, though his main style was doce pares. Still, much FMA is similar. Personally, I'd encourage you to pursue it.

Stuart B.

Boffo
06-23-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by apoweyn
Boffo,

Do you mind if I ask where you train? I'm in Alexandria now. Just curious.

Well, I do TKD in Arlington. I pay a monthly fee and everything.

For Kali, I am trying to get a club together. It has been a few years since I practiced it on a regular basis. Still, my old instructor said if I can get a club together locally then he'll visit intermittently. At the moment though my work schedule is preventing me from getting things off the ground.

But if I can get my schedule to work out, then I plan to start in a park and move to a facility as soon as I can find one. This would all happen in Arlington or in Falls Church.

Thats the plan. :cool:

apoweyn
06-25-2002, 11:43 AM
Sounds like a good plan.

Stuart