PDA

View Full Version : Bak Mei in Boston?

J
06-18-2001, 09:14 PM
I have a tape with a bak mei instructor from Boston.

Does the bak mei school still exist? If so, what's the contact info (address, phone #, etc)?

Thanks,
J

BAI HE
06-19-2001, 08:10 PM
Off the top of my head there is a XingHi school,
an Aiki-jujitsu/Shotokan school, a Wah Lum (Mantis school, a Taijiquan school, a White Crane School, a Sanshou school and a Wushu school (taught by the Legendary Bow Sim Mark). I haven't seen or heard of a Bak Mei school, but alot of the
places in Chinatown don't really advertise.
Oh, and there is a Wing Chun Kwoon in Cambridge as well as a pretty reputable Aikido school.

inpho
06-25-2001, 01:53 AM
There's a hung gar school as well I highly recomend. It's very traditional. www.calvinchin.com (http://www.calvinchin.com)

Dale Dugas
07-05-2001, 08:39 PM
The school which you are talking about is a closed door school at the Chinese Freemasons in Chinatown. I have been asking for a while and they are still rather non-public with their training. Nothing wrong with that,only that I would like to train this style.

Mr. Wayne Chin is the person who recently was featured in BB with an article about Bak Mae/Bai Mei Kung fu.

What Hsingyi school are you talking about? I know of no Hsing Yi schools and I live in Back Bay.

I know of other Hung Gar schools in the area. There is Peing Chiu in Chinatown as well as Yon Lee teaching in Quincy under the Chung Wah banner.

Hope this helps

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

BAI HE
07-06-2001, 10:02 PM
I think theres one in Cambridge. I'll try and find the info for you.

J
07-06-2001, 10:16 PM
Yes, I believe this is the school. Is the school still functioning and what's the address or other contact info if you know?

I'm a little surprised to hear you call it a non-public school considering the fact that I heard about the school from what looks like a commercial tape. I'll have to double-check the tape to see the names of the people demo-ing.

Also, if you have any info on the reputation or school quality. Please e-mail me at wuseng@yahoo.com

Thanks,
J

BAI HE
07-06-2001, 11:56 PM
I study in chinatown. I've walked by the mason lodge a few times, I'll get the address.

If you're interested in White Crane, I'll ask sifu if he'd be interested in taking on another student. He only speaks Cantonese though, so the elder brothers usually translate. We lion dance aa well.

P.S. It's not Fukien WC.

There's also a Wah Lum in chinatown and
Donnie Yen's mom Bow Sim Mark has a school as well.

J
07-07-2001, 03:33 AM
Bai He,

Thanks for offering to send me the address. Bak mei is similar to what my friend practiced. She currently studies at another school in Boston, but she says the schools doesn't practice techniques/applications. They primarily do forms and conditioning. She enjoys her current school, but really misses the techniques/application training. When I told her that there might be a bak mei school in Boston, she became real interested. Thansk.

What type of White crane do you practice? Tibetan?

Thanks again,
J

BAI HE
07-07-2001, 04:06 PM
to tell at this point. The system contains the original Tibetan forms, but supposedly came through the Shaolin Temple with various modifications. One of the monks decided later in life that he wished to have a family, left and spread our system.
I'm fairly new so we really haven't covered the lineage yet, I think they want to see how long I'll be around. Sifu only speaks Cantonese and has been in the country for 10 years. He son does most of the interpreting.
He also teaches 5 animals and Chinese medicine. Half the neighborhood comes to him for treatment.

I do know that he knew Chan Hak Fu, he told us a story about Chan fighting a gang of porters in Taiwan that was hilarious.

They also place a heavy emphasis on internal as well, it's nice that they're teaching the chi set (Cotton Needle) at the beginning level, because it may take years to master.

There is always food and tea, Sifu keeps us well nourished. The school is open seven days a week.

I'll let you know more about the roots when I can. As it is I'm asking too many questions. I need to think less and work harder.

BAI HE
07-10-2001, 02:12 PM
The address of the Chinese Masonic lodge is
6 Tyler street in Chinatown.

I can't confirm that they still teach though.

J
07-11-2001, 05:32 AM
thanks

J

BAI HE
07-11-2001, 02:25 PM
Good luck in your search.

Kevin Barkman
08-24-2001, 03:15 AM
Does anyone know which issue of BB this article was posted in?

Thanks very much!

webbb82
08-24-2001, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone,

Between you guys, it seems you have good knowledge of the Chinese martial arts scene in Boston!
Can any of you help me, do you know anything of the Tai chi praying mantis school in Avon, MA.

I would be extremely greatful for any info!

Thanks,
Jamie

BAI HE
08-26-2001, 11:38 PM
Haven't heard of that one. I'll see if I can find a suburban version of the Nynex yellow pages in South Suburban for you.

Peace, Pete.

webbb82
08-27-2001, 10:18 AM
Thanks Pete,
I appreciate your help.

Jamie

Turiyan
10-21-2001, 12:09 AM
Chinese freemasonry... bahahahahahahah

waahahahahahahhaha

kyahahahahahahaahahah

What do they build? Grass huts? Walls?

Stinky, ghetto chinatowns run by gangsters that sell a 10 foot square flea infested apartment inhabited by a family of 8 illegal immigrants for $3000 a month with ass on every corner?

Hows that for moral recititude for you? All praise to confucious! May buddha praise you all!

"A ruler or king is not considered a guest in the house of a Brahmin, nor is a commoner, a servant, a friend, a relative, or a teacher" [C3V110]

Turiyan gold, Brahmin caste, Ordos clan
"A Brahmin, coming into existence, is born as the highest on earth, the
lord of all created beings, for the protection of the treasury of the
(natural) law. Whatever exists in the world is (by right), the
property of the Brahmin; on account of the excellence of his origin
(primogeniture and eminence of birth) The Brahmin is, indeed, entitled
to it all" --C1V99-V100 The laws of manu

Dale Dugas
10-21-2001, 01:56 PM
And you know this for sure that the Chinese Freemasons which were founded as Anti-Government rebel cells build grass huts and such. Your still a fool who needs to get out from behind his computer and train more and eat better.

You and the others here seem to think that you can take shots at people who are legitmate and have something rather REAL to offer in the sense that their material was passed to them from a real teacher and not some bogus made up poo poo that some ex-con fraud sells to you for 49.95 on a tape.

I know the Sifu here who are affliated with the Chinese Freemasons. They could teach you a lesson that your stick boy countenance would never forget.

In the words of your gimp mentor "put up or shut up" Turiyan. You'd think you would get a clue and hit the gwoon more and the keyboard less.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

MoQ
10-22-2001, 08:48 PM
Jeez Turiyan, of course "Chinese Freemasonry" is a ridiculous term, but so few people respect your equally ridiculous claims to being a "brahmin" or a relative of Ghengis Khan(ordos clan), it is confusing as to what it is that you think you stand for, or against, or who it is that gives a sh!t.

Dang, for a high-born, you sure are useless to the World. Glad there's so few of you "golden ones"... :rolleyes:

feldor
10-22-2001, 09:58 PM
Dale, I couldn't agree more.

Turiyan, Ghengis Khan would have you executed for embarassing him with such nonsense. Show a little respect and honor. Of course, YOU consider gimpy ex-cons masters :rolleyes: .......sad indeed.

Charles