PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Lion Dance Supply

lion_supply
06-19-2002, 08:21 PM
We have a full line of Chinese Lion Dance Supplies. Good quality and low prices. Sorry our website is down at this time but you can view some of our lion pictures here.

Here is a link to some of our Lion Photo's:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=647487&uid=490528

lion_supply
06-19-2002, 08:25 PM
Chinese Lion Dance Supply
We have a full line of Chinese Lion Dance Supplies. Good quality and low prices. Sorry our website is down at this time but you can view some of our lion pictures here.

Here is a link to some of our Lion Photo's:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=647487&uid=490528

Yum Cha
06-19-2002, 11:55 PM
I know about the red, black, white and gold lions, but the other colours have me going. What is the symbolism?

fiercest tiger
06-20-2002, 03:35 AM
Yum Cha dont play games, you know the Mardi Gras! hehehe

wanna set a float up on chinese martial arts for the gay community? A nice pretty pink dragon and glittering tassles yes that me....hahahah i really think the purple and white will set your eyes off too...well see you there!?

gazza:)

TenTigers
06-20-2002, 09:49 AM
From the pictures, they all seem to be Hok San heads. Do you also offer Fat San style?

Yum Cha
06-20-2002, 06:21 PM
Well, hey, who knows you make reservations and tell me how it goes. But, I tell you, no way I'd be doing tail....

fiercest tiger
06-20-2002, 06:23 PM
i WONT BE DOING HEAD EITHER! HAHAHAHA;)

CannonFist
06-20-2002, 07:15 PM
yummy & FT
youse are funny guys

ten tigers
I thought the lions on the site was fut shan style lions albeit not the traditional fut shan lions. I have the impression that hok shan lions are the ones that looks like its got its mouth jutting out just like a beak.

lion_supply
06-20-2002, 08:31 PM
We carry Vietnamese, Malaysian and Chinese style lions. The brightly colored ones are Vietnamese and malaysian style. We carry all style lions, and also do custom work fit to your specifications. The website should be back up and running soon please be patient.
L.S.

TenTigers
06-22-2002, 11:46 AM
Cannon, the Hak San lion definately has a different mouth-the upper lip protrudes almost chimp-like(or a beak, if you will) the Fat-San head the upper lip is tighter to the head, and these southern lions seemed to have a Hak-San like mouth. (I love the lions, I personally don't care for the mouth)

lion_supply
10-29-2002, 03:45 PM
http://www.geocities.com/lion_supply/ChineseLionDanceSupply.html

Under construction!

once ronin
10-30-2002, 12:14 AM
the guy who made this web page does not know chinese. just need to watch how you aorder your lions.

the lions are from a vietnam maker.

lion_supply
10-30-2002, 02:20 PM
You are rite that our lions are made in Viet nam as our ordering address states. We do employ people that speak Chinese, Vietnamese, English, and French. You are also rite that the person that made the website doesn't speak Chinese, so what is your point??? Also you have no reason to make the statement (watch how you order your lions), have you ever ordered from us??
Regards
L.S.

hasayfu
10-30-2002, 05:50 PM
I don't speak for once Ronin but the literal chinese on the site is:
(from right to left) Wong Fei Hong Lion (article) Dance.

The words for Lion Dance, while literally correct, relfects a direct translation from english to chinese and would not be used to describe lion dancing. Especially if you knew lion dancing. The layman form would be dance lion.

As for ordering, I have no experience with this company so I can't comment. The pictures do look like Vietnamese lions as they have a distinctive flavor vs. China and Malaysian ones. Also $650 with no shipping in the US is pretty decent. Not great but SF chinatown will cost you at least that much plus tax. (For a china made lion) If you are lucky, you get them on sale for as low as $400 but that is rare.

lion_supply
10-30-2002, 08:50 PM
The picture and writing you are talking about is a wallpaper decoration that i got off the internet. I liked the picture so i used it. It is from Once apon a time in china the movie.

once ronin
10-31-2002, 12:19 AM
my point?

the characters on the left of the jet li picture? see g mu?

it shows no chinese language education.

my point? when schools order the lion from your place and want their names on the lion in chinese.

i did not mean to insult anyone. i simply meant to say just be care of the chinese words when ordering.

lion_supply
10-31-2002, 09:06 PM
Yes, I know they are wrong, i didn't write it. It was a wallpaper i found on the internet, i liked the picture so i used it. Our workers are Chinese\Vietnamese they are fluent in chinese. The picture and writing have nothing to do with our company, it is just a nice picture that someone had for a wallpaper.
Regards
L.S.

wushu chik
11-02-2002, 04:38 PM
OH DEAR!! This is just bad. Wait a few months and i'll have my supplies up in my store :).

~Wen~