PDA

View Full Version : I have been honored by COMBAT Magazine

qimaster
10-07-2001, 01:10 AM
Last night, 6 october 2001, I was honored by Combat Magazine, and inducted into the 2nd Combat Hall of Fame Awards. I was given an award for the
dedication and promotion of Martial Arts in the UK and Worldwide.

the gala event was a formal, and was attended by at least 1000 people from all over UK and Europe. I was conspicuously present as the only
American. The ceremony kicked off with a one minute of silence to commemorate the victims of the WTC 9/11 Terrorist Attack.

I was truly shocked and honored to be recognized for my work in UK and Europe, and had not expected this honor. A very bright night
indeed:)

yesterday, before the ceremony, I was at the RAF base in Cosford where I had the pleasure of attending the annual general meeting of
the Royal Air Force Martial Arts Association, and since I am retired army, and also a retired member of NATO forces (USA is a part of
NATO), I have been inducted as a member of the prestigious organization. My school is close to sheppard air force base, a big nato training facility, and now my school is open to all members of the Royal Air Force Martial Arts Association who find themselves at Sheppard for pilot training. Further action is taking place to create a Combined Services Martial Arts Association, which will include all British armed services. I am proud to play a role in this
organization, and I feel that it relects great credit upon the DSI, international martial arts and martial artist relations, and of course, myself in whatever role I can play in the promotion of the ideals of the association.

I will keep you all informed:)

rich mooney

TaoBoxer
10-07-2001, 01:34 AM
Is there anything sadder than being your own cheerleader?

gazza99
10-07-2001, 01:36 AM
Hope things are going well...
kind regards,
Gary

"Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"-Dennis Miller
www.pressurepointfighting.com (http://www.pressurepointfighting.com)

SifuAbel
10-07-2001, 01:37 AM
yes, those that like to pee on other peoples joy.

congrats, qiman.

Are you immortal?
sifuabel@yahoo.com

fiercest tiger
10-07-2001, 01:44 AM
thats great buddy.

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Nutt'nhunny
10-07-2001, 01:50 AM
Good

I agree rude dog.

Your dweeb,

Honeysmacks

TaoBoxer
10-07-2001, 01:54 AM
Training hard and being successfull is great....but to get up in front of a room and go "****, I'm cool!!" Neh....thats low.

DrunkenMonkey
10-07-2001, 02:09 AM
No, thats just some self-appreciation. You don't have to be humble all the time, and you're being a total hypocrite because no one under heaven has ever not praised themselves in one way or another.

You stupid *******.

"****ed be the day that befalls us in a most hostile manner that shall compromise our Country, and ****ed be the great lengths at which are required of to stir our Patriotism." - Anonymous

Silumkid
10-07-2001, 02:14 AM
Self-aggrandizement comes in many forms, one of the most common is saying or inferring "I would never do that because I am above it".

Pointing it out is another one, so yes, I too am guilty.

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

TaoBoxer
10-07-2001, 02:17 AM
Stupid *******? hmm..... Is this a race to the botton or what?

Just the kind of person I'd want running to my defense.........

JasBourne
10-07-2001, 02:23 AM
"qimaster"... hmmm... I think I remember you. You came in here trolling a few months ago, saying all this stuff about your incredible mystic *cough*bullpucky*cough* chi power... quite a flap you caused...

Yup, here it is, the thread was called Qimaster's site- even more garbage than the Gary site. (http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=126197291&f=340190991&m=5241928752#7151961952)

Daniel Madar
10-07-2001, 03:38 AM
I didn't realize that posting to this board constituted writing an article. I'm going to have to add that to my writing credits too. I'm still looking for the mention of him in Wong Kiew Kit's Tai Chi book.

Merciless is Mercy.

kwokfist
10-07-2001, 04:20 AM
taoboxer ************, you are still my main *****, and you don't know what the f* you're talking about you little ****-smacking *****.

I want this god **** account closed.

[This message was edited by Kung Lek on 10-07-01 at 08:22 PM.]

JasBourne
10-07-2001, 04:45 AM
kwokfist, take that crap out of this forum. If you wanna drop your drawers in public, go hang with the little boys at Otherground. KFO don't play that.

gfhegel21
10-07-2001, 04:58 AM
I note that qimaster has removed those "awesome" clips from his site. At first, I at least gave him credit for opening his dubious skills to some degree of public scrutiny.

Now he doesn't even merit that minimal degree of credit. I guess the hilarity of the videos just became too overwhelming to bear.

rogue
10-07-2001, 05:20 AM
Last night I got lucky with Mrs Rogue! Very informal. ;)

http://www.interesting.com/stories/gadsden/images/museumshop.jpg

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban soon to be getting jiggy with his first of 70 virgins.

“Are you guys ready? Let’s roll.” Last words of Todd Beamer heard over his mobile line right before rushing a hijacker.

Xebsball
10-07-2001, 05:57 AM
I'm proud of you qimasta.
And you too rogue.

-------------------------
"You will never need to feel weak, helpless, indecisive, not fascinating or ashamed of your genital dimensions. GOOD-BYE Humiliation. Bullies, Karate Experts, Boxing Champions, traffic wardens will melt to pulp as you master every situation."
Master Deltoo
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/2477/

SevenStar
10-07-2001, 06:14 AM
Way to go Rogue! Hopefully you can win that award next year also!

"You ain't got enough calcium to have a bone to pick wit me,
like a Gracie, I'll choke a ***** out wit his own gi" - Rass Kass

tnwingtsun
10-07-2001, 07:27 AM
You seem to come through Knoxville Tennesee
to your friend's school.

I'm 1 1/2 hours drive south of Knoxville.

Come on down and show us your "Chi" skills.

I'd like to see if you can do that to trained

Bai Mei Shaolin people that don't know you.

Show me,if it works,I'll belive you and be your biggest supporter.

Retired Army?
You just retire?,you look young.

qimaster
10-07-2001, 08:36 AM
I look young, why thanks. I will be 42 in June, and I am a Grandfather 4 times over, with another on the way.

For those of you who left positive comments, THANKS!!!. For those of you who didn't, you have my pity. It is a sad thing when small minded children cannot share in the joy of an adult.

Repulsive Monkey
10-07-2001, 12:43 PM
Congratulations, on your recognition. Unfortunately I didn't get to see you when you were intially advertised earlier this year to appear in Easton, Bristol, South West England. Hopefull when you are in the UK again I can get to see you?

It's a difficult job for some to realise that the barriers to different ideas are re-inforced by their commitment to remaining blinkered. This in it's varied guises exists always I guess. Still I champion the corner your in Rich, take care and well done again!!

jameswebsteruk
10-07-2001, 05:00 PM
Any people who think they can project their chi and knock people over, or render them unconcious, or do any of that supernatural cr-ap on ANYONE BUT THEIR OWN STUDENTS, please contact Mr. James Randi, www.randi.org , (http://www.randi.org) who has a standing prize of 1 million dollars for anyone who can demonstrate a supernatural ability under laboratory conditions.

What, no takers? You'd get a million big ones! And a Nobel prize as well, for discovering a force hitherto unknown to science!

Come on, step on up, ya charlatans.

Randi has been doing this for about 20 years, and no one ever gets beyond the preliminaries, because.. there ain't no such thing! :)

What did the Zen Master say to the hot dog vendor?
Make me one with everything.

GeneChing
10-07-2001, 06:18 PM
You can read his article in our Jul/Aug issue 2001 - External Qi Healing - A Primer.
Hey Rich, I hope this doesn't mean you going to just write for those Brits! Don't forget your friends at Kungfu Qigong! ;)

Gene Ching
Asst. Publisher
Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com (http://www.KUNGFUmagazine.com)

qimaster
10-07-2001, 06:35 PM
I will be in darlington tomorrow night, then in accrington on friday night, and then in huddersfield on saturday, and oakham on sunday. you are welcome to come and attend any one of those seminars.

Randi is not a scientist. he is however a very sick and perverted individual, and since he is the sole judge of who gets his alleged money, I would have no doubt he is as biased a person as any. further more I have already had run ins with him, and he has proved himself to be an absolute and consummate liar. If what I do is not real, why do I get honored by Combat Magazine, and Martial Arts Illustrated, and the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame? I will tell you why: cause those folk actually have met me, seen what I can do, and have felt it for themselves. There are maybe two people on KFO who have actaully met me, seen what I can do, and know I am 100% legit. the rest are just talking trash. period.

Lastly, I never use my own students in my demos, so if you have the cojones, just call 01254-667599
and find out my schedule. I am willing to put up, what about you? Show up and show me the courage of your convictions. If not, then O well....

Daniel Madar
10-07-2001, 07:11 PM
I'd love to see your demonstration. I have experienced ling kong jing myself through my current teacher, but I'd love to see someone else who can do it.

When will you be in the Bay Area?

Merciless is Mercy.

qimaster
10-07-2001, 09:03 PM
I dunno when I will get back to the West Coast. If I do, I would love to hook up with you:)

have a great week, I know I will:)

rm

Grappling-Insanity
10-07-2001, 10:18 PM
qimaster and combat???? that makes little to no sense.

qimaster
10-07-2001, 10:39 PM
and neither do you.

jameswebsteruk
10-08-2001, 12:13 AM
QiMaster,

I suggested that you submit to the scientific method. Mr Randi is a follower of the scientific method, and the experiments that he proposes are based on this method, but more importantly agreed with before hand by the claimants, so there can be no room for disagreement.

The scientists who actually run the experiments are well known, highly regarded, and without bias. They are also agreed to in advance by the claimants, so again there can be no disagreement afterwards. Mr. Randi does not take part in the experiment.

On the day of the test, all the conditions having been agreed to before hand, the claimant is asked whether he/she is happy to take the test, and asked to agree that the challenge will be a legitimate test of their so called supernatural ability. Only then is the test attempted.

Now, if you can do something that is considered to be supernatural, then why not take the test? You could win a million dollars!

Imagine the status boost you would get if Nobel Laureates had to admit you had this ability? What have you got to lose? Apart from your reputation.

The question is, in properly controlled scientific conditions, can you successfully do your stuff?

Grappling-Insanity
10-08-2001, 12:17 AM
O no what are you gonna do make me choke myself ala darth vader?? I'm really scared of some fool who thinks he can project his chi or whatever.

Daniel Madar
10-08-2001, 01:07 AM
Actually, I disagree with Frank. I talked to Randi's organization a few times, and the standards that they have for winning the "million dollar Challenge" are actually quite ridiculous.

Besides, last time I checked Randi was bankrupt.

Merciless is Mercy.

TaoBoxer
10-08-2001, 01:51 AM
I would like to check out your school before I leave texas. Not sure that I will be able to, but I will try. Will you give me a demo, and can I be assured that you or your students won't harass me or challange me? This is a legit inquiry, and I will honestly report what happens here (if you care) and let you film it.

Bill

SifuAbel
10-08-2001, 02:40 AM
Its amazing to me how people with less than a year of training seem to know everything.›

Are you immortal?
sifuabel@yahoo.com

wufupaul
10-08-2001, 02:40 AM
Let me know, I wouldn't mind seeing a demo of it, also.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about
life. IT GOES ON.

Grappling-Insanity
10-08-2001, 03:24 AM
Oh I know not that much, but I've seen some of those clips and I can TELL that is some BUNK stuff :D .

TaoBoxer
10-08-2001, 03:37 AM
Who has less than a year of training?

JasBourne
10-08-2001, 03:55 AM
I can do amazing chi blasts! Honest! Look, I'll do one right now! Ummm, you might want to stand upwind...

:D

chokeyouout2
10-08-2001, 06:42 AM
Chi,qu,qi=

Largest scam in martial arts.

As far as qualifying as a whole or nothing, I’m not sure exactly what you mean. I can only base my opinions on my own experiences and observations. Lets just say I have experienced and observed a of kung fu guys who don’t spar full contact, don’t groundfight, don’t hit hard and get hit hard in return, don’t understand conditioning concepts, and spend a truckload of time practicing solo forms and stances. Based on these things, my conclusions stand as I have stated them, althou

Stumblefist
10-08-2001, 08:17 AM
"I didn't realize that posting to this board constituted writing an article. I'm going to have to add that to my writing credits too. I'm still looking for the mention of him in Wong Kiew Kit's Tai Chi book."

Daniel Madar:Who said this?
Hmmm. Can i copyright my postings or do they become the property of KFO?
Who gets the royalties for reprints? ;)

"A wish to go to Heaven is the very beginning of falling into Hell."

SifuAbel
10-08-2001, 08:37 AM
OMG!!!!

Vascoknifechokechicken,

You just messed up to the 10th level.

You just pasted a knifefighter response into a vasco post. This is PRICELESS!!LOL!!
God! If this doesn'yt provve it nothing will.

[QUOTE] Knifefighter

As far as qualifying as a whole or nothing, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I can only base my opinions on my own experiences and observations. Lets just say I have experienced and observed a of kung fu guys who don't spar full contact, don't groundfight, don't hit hard and get hit hard in
return, don't understand conditioning concepts, and spend a truckload of time practicing solo forms and stances. Based on these things, my conclusions stand as I have stated them, although I am always willing to be proven wrong. [/QUOTE

Are you immortal?
sifuabel@yahoo.com
0—

SifuAbel
10-08-2001, 08:39 AM
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Are you immortal?
sifuabel@yahoo.com
0—

qimaster
10-08-2001, 10:14 AM
well, frank, what will it be? you did not call. I will be in darlington tonight, accrington on friday, huddersfield on saturday and oakham on sunday.

call 01254-667599 or 01254-386191. come on down.

jas: you are a nobody, your opinion does not matter or count for anything, and never will. yawn....

grappling insanity same goes for you. easy to hide behind a nickname. you keep hiding, that seems to be what you are good at, and all you are good for anyway. please stay in canada. the world needs brave people at this time, and you shouyld obviously stay at home where you will do best helping the women with the laundry.

tao boxer, if you ever find your way all the way up to wichita falls, come on down. have no fears no one will put a bullet in your face, or place a shotgun to your ear and pull the trigger. nor will anyone gang jump you, and stomp your head to mush on a concrete curb, nor will anyone tie you to a chair and slice you to pieces with a boxcutter just for the fun of it.

in fact none of my class will be there when you come down. read this though to have a better understanding:

THE USE OF ENERGY (QI) IN MARTIAL
ARTS APPLICATIONS

I have been studying Asian martial arts disciplines since 1970, and meditative disciplines since 1987. In the past twelve years of cultivating Qi, I have been able to realize a certain amount of success and have made public my results. I have been greeted with skepticism by a great many people, and have since shown that my abilities are valid in the realms of Healing and Martial use of Qi derived from the practice of Qigong.

One of the most astonishing, and disturbing things that I have come across is the lack of understanding that modern day martial arts practitioners have concerning what Qi "is", and what can be done with it. To most of them the word Qi conjures up ancient legends and implausible feats, that while interesting to read, and titillating to the mind, are beyond reality. Beyond that I have encountered martial artists who think that Qi is a concept that only embodies a specific type of mindset, or structural alignment. These people are mistaking the package for the product inside.

It is the purpose of the paper to inform and enlighten the reader
as to the valid reality of the use of Qi for healing and for self defense. It is sad that modern technology, while advanced, is not yet up to the task of being able to detect or measure Qi. It is hoped that one day such advanced technical know how will exist, and verify that which has been known for millennia: Qi exists.

When I see a person throw a punch, most often I see them throw just their arm, or part of their body into it. Some of the better ones have a great deal of structural alignment, and so their punches are much better. The invariably use a great deal of energy in the process. What is the "energy" that they are using? Is it just the result of muscles being tensed and released, of glucose being consumed during the act of physical activity, or is it something more?

It IS something more. The Chinese in particular have made study into the internal qualifications and aspects of strength. In all "Internal" martial arts, you will hear the admonishment to let "the qi flow". There are poems, and papers and monographs all pointing to the importance of using Qi. If Qi were just a concept, why would there be such a plethora of information regarding it's importance and use?

There is only one way to build up Qi, and that is through the practice of Qigong, or energy work. There are thousands of styles and methods for building Qi. So much so that they are broken down in various schools. For the purpose of this paper, we will only focus on two of the schools: the Medical and the Martial. The Martial gave birth to the Medical, so they go hand in hand so to speak.

The martial school of qigong is a type of training that one goes through to build energy for the purpose of fighting or for the purpose of self protection. There are Qigong methods for the protection of self, such as Iron Vest, and Golden Bell. Iron Vest is the little brother to Golden Bell, and only will serve the practitioner for a few hits and then it breaks down. Golden Bell is a method that is harder to train in, and takes longer to master,but can withstand a lot more in the terms of abuse. The practice of Iron Vest can also lead to premature death of the practitioner if it is shown off to excess. The energy used for protection in Iron Shirt is energy reserved for the later lifetime of the practitioner, and once exhausted leads to heart attack, stroke, and organ failure. Iron shirt is easier to train in, and hence many more people practice it. If not used to show off, it is a fine method for emergencies, like if you get into a car wreck, or get sucker punched. Some Iron Shirt methods require that the
practitioner prepare before getting struck, others do not.

Golden Bell is a far superior method. Whereas Iron Shirt mainly uses external means to acquire the skill, through beating various parts of the body with harder and harder objects, to develop immunity from the pain and shock of being hit, Golden Bell uses a lot more internal meditation, herbs and less of being hit. More attention is focused towards "filling" the body much like one would fill a tire with air. A tire filled with air is quite strong and sturdy, and the ability of a competent Golden Bell practitioner is far superior to the skill of someone into Iron Shirt.

Those are just two examples of Martial qigong methods for protection. Then you have martial qigong methods for inflicting injury on an opponent without having to exert too much in the way of obvious physical strength. One example is Iron Palm. In this method one seeks to make the hand as iron, but without any noticeable sign that it has been trained. The training requires the use of varying materials to strike, usually a period of three years is required. Striking a bag filled with mung beans, then
gravel, then iron pellets in conjunction with the use of a liquid
applied before and after training to protect the hand from the punishment. The liquid is called in Cantonese Dit Da Jow. There are hundreds of recipes that qualify as "Jow". Some jow have lethal herbs in them to boost the properties of it, including the use of aconite and strychnine among others.

The hands of a well trained Iron Palm practitioner will be as soft and as smooth as a baby's bottom. Compare this to the hands of someone who has been striking a makiwara post for many years and the difference is quite noticeable.

The next type of Martial qigong comes from the collective school of Zhan Zhuang, or Standing-on-Stake methods. There are many types of standing meditation methods, such as Yiquan, Dachengquan, Lin Kong Jing and Shaolin Neijing Yizhi Chan. For this paper we will focus on Lin Kong Jing.

Lin Kong Jing, or Powerful Empty Force is a method derived from the Hsing-I style of internal martial arts. The ability has attained legendary status because of the difficulty of the practice and the rarity of proficient practitioners who are willing to go public. Lin Kong Jing allows one to affect another without physical contact, and at a later stage with touch. When used without contact the force is called "Empty", as it must travel through empty space to reach the target. When used with contact it is called "Shi Jing" or "Solid Force".

From a purely physical standpoint, the practice Zhan Zhuang will strengthen ones entire body. It will promote the development of muscle in the legs, and Back. Discipline, endurance and stamina are also increased as the practice sessions become longer and longer. Breathing becomes deeper, And the use of oxygen by the body decreases, while the stress load upon it increases, and the body gains greater internal and external awareness.

Those are reasons enough to engage in the practice. But then the ability starts to manifest, and a new reason to practice asserts itself. One might consign the ability to affect someone else without contact to the misty realm of legends. When you yourself manifest this ability, and watch it grow, you begin to wonder how far can this ability go, what are the limits of its expression, and what are the heights of its application.

Going back to the puncher who only uses sheer physical force, and confuses Qi with simple focus or intent. if that same puncher had taken the time to train in standing meditation, he would have realized that physical strength has its limits. Once those limits are reached on a subjective basis, then one must rely upon the hidden abilities of the mind that lay dormant within each and everyone of us.

When the Lin Kong Jing energy is used in the context of "contact force" or Shi Jing, a very innocuous looking strike that appears almost lazy and unfocused contains a very powerful, penetrating and deadly striking capability. As we grow older and our muscle tone and power decline, we must seek out other methods that will allow us to protect ourselves. In learning standing meditation, such as the Lin Kong Jing method, we are able to start saving up and building a large supply of Qi for later on in life.

The practice of Lin Kong Jing is used for the defense of one against the attacking fists of another. It is also used as a defense against the encroachment of old age, illness, infirmity and death.

I would now like to go into specifics of the ability. It has limitations like all things do. There are people who are quite sensitive to the Lin Kong Jing energy, and exposure to it will cause them varying amounts of distress, illness or harm with a minimum of application. There are those who would have to be exposed to it for longer periods of time to manifest the same results. Then there are those who have an immunity to the effects. One might argue that if the ability cannot effect everybody, that it is not a valid martial arts method. I say they don't know what they are talking about.

On any given day a champion weight lifter cannot match his best lift, a World-Class sprinter cannot duplicate their best run, and the best fighter's punch could fail against any amount of competitors. Does that mean that those people's accomplishments are invalid or faked? NO.

It simply means that all things have limits. I have heard the same banter regarding Kyusho Jutsu, and Tuite. That no one is going to stand there and let you select and tap a requisite number of points that result in a knockout. As with qigong, most people who make comments like that have never engaged in the practice of either qigong, or kyusho or tuite.

By building up a great store of Qi through the practice of qigong, one is able to access points in striking with greater focus, clarity and penetration with a minimum of physical exertion and effort. This is one of the major goals of martial arts: to be able to defend yourself with the least amount of physical force while being able to inflict the greatest amount of damage on the opponent.

People have asked me; "What do you think about when projecting the energy in a strike"? The great secret is that you DON'T think when projecting. You see the result of the task, not the task itself. When I deliver a contact force strike, I see the energy as already having done its damage.

When practicing your Kata, Bunkai and Waza, you MUST always have the presence of enemy. You must feel as if you are engaging in a life or death struggle. Once you can key in on the use of intent, then the flow of energy will be available to you for use in self defense. This is of course not to say that when you train with your fellow classmates, that you are to actually rend them limb from limb. It simply means that when you do a technique, that it is to be a spirited one. You would be quite surprised to see some of the ways people practice when they go to class. Their movements are mechanical, and Lifeless, without spirit. Such a technique if attempted in a real life situation would most certainly fail. Train responsibly, but with the proper attitude, and you will reap many benefits. Train as if you are made of cardboard, and you will wind up getting beaten up or killed.

As an experiment in the use of energetics you should try to see how various emotional states will affect the outcome of technique. Have your training partner get his or her attitude up, as if they are very angry and in a foul mood or temper. At the same time, use your intent when tapping points that will result in causing pain in their body. Then do the same technique with them again, except this time do the technique in a happy mood, have them also assume the light-hearted manner, and see how the technique works. Based upon my own experiences working with various emotional states, I have discovered that the more anger that the partner generates, the greater they are affected when tapped on points.

Consequently, I have also discovered that if their heart and mind are not involved in the technique, and they are just standing around waiting for class to end, that the technique requires more input in terms of force in order for an affect to manifest.

This is also true when using Lin Kong Jing. The more my partner focuses on me, with an attitude of "I wanna rip out your heart", the greater the Jing will affect them internally. I feel that this happens because when the person devotes their sole attention upon you, it causes an internal reaction that allows the energy to affect them very strongly.

Conversely, I have also found that if I attempt to use either Lin Kong Jing, or use Kyusho (Dian Xue) methods while in a flustered state; or if my mind is wandering and I am not staying on task, that I am not able to pull up enough energy to affect my training partner in a significant manner. This is why it is vital to train and practice qigong as a part of life. The practice and study of qigong allows you to develop a type of focus and intent that is not possible to develop by any other means.

The practice and utilization of energetics (The study of the use of energy for practical martial arts applications) should be looked upon as a necessary adjunctive practice. Too many people get caught up in only one area of training, to the neglect of all others. To that end, a grappler should learn how to kick, a kicker should learn to punch, and all should learn Qigong to help enhance existing physical attributes.

Remember this: as you age, your strength will naturally decline, however that is not true when discussing the energy gained from Qigong. The energy built up from dedicated practice will grow as you get older, and your practice matures. Indeed, as you age and start to lose some of the muscular tension that binds you up in youth, your energy will flow smoother and with greater authority.

When applying the energy in a fighting situation, you must remember that relaxation is the key element. If you are tense and bound up, so too will the energy be. Just imagine trying to throw a good punch if all the muscles in your arm are tightened. There will be no strength or speed to call upon when there is a need to strike. The same rule also applies to energy. If you are physically bound up, or mentally bound up, the energy will also get bound up within you, and any expression will be very weak.

Know also that when you strike someone with energy that the effect will vary from person to person. Some will drop like they were hit with a hammer, others require a few taps before they fall, and yet others will remain unaffected. When you encounter those who drop with one strike, that is an incredible experience. When you have to use a few strikes to send someone to the ground, that is a learning experience to be remembered, and when someone shows no effect at all, it is a lesson that all things have limitations.

Speaking of limitations, I wish to let you know that as you train, your abilities in energetics will increase both in depth and width. There will be more and more things that you can accomplish with the energy that you have built up. This martial ability of Lin Kong Jing also extends to the healing realm as well, and you will find that your skill will be more called upon for taking away a headache, or soothing a sprain, than for knocking someone down, or knocking them out.

You will also find that most illnesses will not touch you, such as flu bugs, colds, and other opportunistic maladies. Your Wei Qi, or Guardian Qi will be very full, and you will present a figure of glowing health. There is only one catch to gaining all the above benefits and abilities and that is : Perseverance and dedication.

If you would reach the heights of ability in Qigong, you must practice each and every day, unless you are hampered by an injury or the occasional illness that wears you down over time before you succumb to it. A simple case in point: This past winter my family was afflicted with a cold that just lingered and lingered. I was able to stave off the effects for a good three weeks at least, until my defenses were worn down so much, that the cold finally claimed me as a victim. A few months later my family caught a raging stomach flu. The effects of the flu only lasted for a few days, but I was totally unscathed.

In trying to maintain the drive and discipline required of any qigong practice, many people find themselves on the losing end. Most people have other things going on in their lives that take precedence over a lonely and solitary practice as qigong is. People have work matters to attend to, family obligations and diversions they find too much pleasure in. In order to be successful at Lin Kong Jing, I was willing to give up at least 2 hours of my day, every day for over three years, and later on in my practice I was training as much as 5 hours per day.

Circumstances allowed me to delve deep into my practice as I wished and I had a single minded drive and purpose: to train and gain the strength and ability I had read about and heard about since my childhood. There is however a drawback; one can truly become addicted to the practice. The wonderful feelings that come from the practice are very seductive. Over a long period of time one can become withdrawn and asocial, not wanting to socialize with others, but instead always wishing to look inwards and enjoy the immense feelings of bliss that the practice engenders.

After a time I found that I had pretty much become addicted, and this gave rise to the thoughts of the hermits and monks who had themselves walled into their cells for years at a time. I willed myself to reduce my practice to no more than 3 hours per day, and in this fashion I was able to maintain a martial and qigong lifestyle, and also have a sociable life as well.

Now, as regards theory and the study of qigong: I always like to fall back on the sage words of Confucius - a little knowledge makes you respected, and a lot makes a slave of you. I have a novel approach to the quandary of whether or not to delve into theory: I say leave it alone until you have gained skill and ability. There is, in my opinion, way too much theory. Too many chefs as it were. The practice and principles of Qigong are embodied in a few basic theories that are very simple, types of advice that are basically common sense, but applied to energy. When people start out trying to theorize, the practice soon gets lost in a quagmire of archaic terms and "hidden" meanings.

So, in your quest to build energy, and use it for martial art or for healing, adhere to the K.I.S.S. principle, and leave theory to others who are hell bent on researching something to pieces. Qigong is something that one never finds an end to when it comes to gaining ability, health and well being.

Another thing to be cautious of is in "showing off". If you build your qi for use in healing or in martial arts, one of the most important pieces of advice is to conserve what you build. Each session of training puts forth what may be called a droplet of qi. Each droplet is precious, and through training each day you continually add more and more droplets to your collection of qi. After some time the collected qi forms a pool, and you begin to feel the energy very strongly when you practice. You may think to yourself that it would be a great time to see what you can do with the accumulated energy that has been built up. I steadfastly advise against this.

Until you have built up a very substantial amount of energy, usually taking three years to do so, you need to preserve what you have developed. If you go out into the big wide world to show what you can do, you may run the risk of depleting yourself. The initial results will be like a tremendous rush of water that accompanies a flash flood. It will be very strong, but then will suddenly fall off to a trickle that will leave you looking foolish, when one day you go to do a demonstration, and you can only manage a squeak where once was a roar.

Once you have trained for a few years, your energy will be pretty much self sustaining. This is one of the major benefits of doing Nei Dan qigong, versus Wai Dan qigong. In Nei Dan methods, the energy you build up is what you will always have access to after you have built up a sufficient supply.

With the Wai Dan methods, you will continually have to train to maintain what you have built up. Wai Dan methods are generally easier to do, and hence the requirement of constant training. Nei Dan methods are a bit more involved, usually requiring the use of herbs to augment the energetic development.

copyright 1999, Richard m. Mooney, all rights reserved.

Fish of Fury
10-08-2001, 10:15 AM
J Randi was in australia recently.
an energy healer took the challenge (also filmed by a current affairs program)
the healer failed because not ALL of the people he treated got better (pretty subjective test anyway), but more than half of them did feel an improvement.

if less than 100% success equals bunk, then i guess ALL medicine is also charlatanism, since there's virtually no medicine with a 100% success rate

Randi is full of it

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

tnwingtsun
10-08-2001, 10:54 AM
Sounds like some all night burger stand.

Chokey,
>Lets just say I have experienced and observed a of kung fu guys who don’t spar full contact, don’t groundfight, don’t hit hard and get hit hard in return, don’t understand conditioning concepts, and spend a truckload of time practicing solo forms and stances<

Ahh,but we're not all like that,you just haven't met the right ones and I'll address this latter,I just got through reading Shamrock's book and found out that his training and mine are closer than I thought.

Qi,
when you come back to visit your friend in Knoxville TN let me know,I'd like to see your skill.

tnwingtsun
10-08-2001, 10:58 AM
Vascoknifechokechicken

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

chokeyouout2
10-08-2001, 11:11 AM
I pasted a quote from knife.You know we aren't the same person.It's a shame I even adress monkey boys delusions.

Mable,

Don't you have cheerleading practice to go to?

When you'r telling one of your litle stories, here's a idea; Have a point, it makes it so much more interesting for the reader.

jameswebsteruk
10-08-2001, 11:15 AM
Fish Of Fury

(nice name, btw, its also the name of a dish in the Bruce Lee cafe, Hong Kong, along with Entrees of the Dragon ;) )

The point of the Randi challenge is that all the details are agreed to and worked out beforehand. So the applicant has agreed in advance that the test will be a valid examination of their abilities. This is all done in writing, with lawyers present if necessary.

If the person you mentioned failed, it was because they had not met the criteria for a successful challenge.

If they were not happy with the 100% success rate (or whatever, I dont know the details of the case)necessary to prove their claim, and win, then they should not have taken the test in the first place.

That is the reason that the agreements before hand were introduced, because claimants were failing, then complaining about the experimental methodology afterwards.

tnwingtsun
10-08-2001, 11:37 AM
I know,
I'm just having fun after staying up all night with my sick uncle,not looking foward to
giving depositoins to lawyers all **** day.

My kung-fu teacher told me many years ago those
low stances were meant to make your legs strong,
trying to fight a skilled fighter like that would get you killed,his words,not mine.

Still trying to find my keys :D

chokeyouout2
10-08-2001, 11:38 AM
Seriously,

You expect to charm some people.Thats understandable.But claiming to defy modern medicine and science in order to promote a self defense makes you look real shady.The funny thing is, you know secretly that what you do is borderline snake oil sales.Thats embarassing wouldn't you say?

When you'r telling one of your little stories, here's a idea; Have a point, it makes it so much more interesting for the reader.

joedoe
10-08-2001, 11:39 AM
I'd be surprised if any healer - traditional, energy, or conventional - would agree to be tested against a 100% success rate. Granted, the TV program may have sensationalised the proceedings, but do you think any healer would guarantee a 100% success rate? I would strongly doubt it.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

chokeyouout2
10-08-2001, 11:43 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.Alot of bad things happening globally and at home.Everyone is in my prayers.

When you'r telling one of your little stories, here's a idea; Have a point, it makes it so much more interesting for the reader.

tnwingtsun
10-08-2001, 01:03 PM
Thanks man,
When my Uncle wakes up I'll show him the "Key toss",he'll get a good laugh out of that and he'll feel better. ;)

Ross
10-08-2001, 01:56 PM
I think that this Randi stuff is being taken out of context....

50% success is not uncommon with placebo treatment...so a bunch of guys feeling the "success" of a medical treatment or a martial art "trick" wouldn't be unusual.

It is fine to talk "chi" but I think the sort of challenge a "hakka" guy would have made would be along the lines of "you do your chi thing and then I will hit you my way....we will see who is standing after ;') .

Irrespective of whether you agree with qimaster or not......

You want to talk methods make up your own post....why p!ss his parade??

Cheers (Combat is just a gossip mag BTW) :D R

JasBourne
10-08-2001, 05:32 PM
Holy toledo! What an incredible display of unmitigated ego! And THIS is supposed to convince everyone of this clown's superiority?

Mooney, you don't need anyone to show what a bufoon you are. You do a great job of it without any help whatsoever. As arrogant charlatans go, you are in a league with Ashida Kim and Paulie Zink. Keep talking, it just makes the hole under your feet deeper.

Daniel Madar
10-08-2001, 07:03 PM
Hey Stumble,

Actually, I was wrong. :(

Mooney's name is in WKK's book as one of the three taichi instructors in the US.

Gene also informed me that Mr. Mooney was published in the august 2001 edition of his magazine.

Merciless is Mercy.

qimaster
10-09-2001, 01:01 AM
plonk. hehehehehehe loser.

qimaster
10-09-2001, 01:08 AM
too bad.

I covered: wudang baguazhang form and applications, lin kong jing - powerful empty force for healing and martial arts use. taught from 7 til 10pm.

had a great turn out, like 43 people from all over the UK.

did so good, I will be back in 6 months to do more great work.

I will teach in accrington tomorrow night, huddersfield on saturday and oakham on sunday.

look for me in Combat magazine again, and also in Martial Arts Illustrated (prolly get another cover this time too:)

c'mon Frank, will you show up, or just keep posting?

see yaz!

Grappling-Insanity
10-09-2001, 07:45 AM
>>grappling insanity same goes for you. easy to hide behind a nickname. you keep hiding, that seems to be what you are good at, and all you are good for anyway. please stay in canada. the world needs brave people at this time, and you shouyld obviously stay at home where you will do best helping the women with the laundry.<<

Oh I'm hiding behind my nick eh? well my name is Steven Myers I'm in Edmonton look me up if your in the area. I'm not hiding, what should I be hiding from??? are you gonna qi me to death???. Alright I do help the women with the laundry but hey whats wrong with that??? :D . But with that great explanation how could I possibly refuse the powers of qi????

Fish of Fury
10-09-2001, 07:47 AM
REAL men do their own laundry :D

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

qimaster
10-09-2001, 09:07 AM
"are you gonna qi me to death" duh what a stupid and insipid comment from someone who has never met me before. No, I am not gonna qi you to death.

many of you people think all I do is qigong, I am also a very very competent martial artist, yeah thats right, I can also fight **** well too. you being a canuck should be a bit more tolerant and less prejudicial.

lessee; you do not know me, have never even met me or seen me in real life. no. instead you you prejudiced, just the same as someone who has never spent time with black people and calls them
"******", just the same as anyone who has never spent time with a hispanic, and calls them "spic"
just the same as someone who has never met and talked with jewish people and calls them "kike".

you, steven, are no better than those people who just sit back and stereotype people because they are different.

you disagree with what I do, fine. get to meet me, and know me, instead of being a callous and prejudiced person. its easy for you to put aside civility and slander a person from a keyboard isn't it? you get to make all sorts of insinuations without a shred of proof, either
for or against. If you would ever say the things to my face that you said here, you would see how well I could fight.

so, you can go on and spout from edmonton all you want. if I ever do make it up that way I sure will keep you in mind. then if you want to be as ignorant to me to my face, you'll see what I am capable of. maybe I will win, maybe not, but you for sure will never forget me for the rest of your life, that I can guarantee you.

SifuAbel
10-09-2001, 09:41 AM
hey grapple,

According to your profile you will be turning 16 and have about 9 months of training. Whats makes you an authority on qi? Who's Brad M ? Is that even you in your picture?

I cannot support or deny qimasters abilities. I've never met him. But from reading these posts it's clear to me that the majority of the nay sayers either have no qualifications to make a judgement or come from systems that don't practice any kind of internal work. Then theres vascoknifechokingchickenrapedbyakungfuguy who is just a plain muscle head. It never ceases to amaze me how people go out of their way to enforce thier ignorance. If some of you actually came on and said "hey I do chi work and I think................" then your words would have some weight. So far all I've read is nothing more than the rabble rousing of the crowd.

What do you really know about chi?

If the answer is nothing, then you have no business making an opinion about something you know nothing about.

Are you immortal?
sifuabel@yahoo.com

Ryu
10-09-2001, 09:53 AM
I wanna have some chi :(

Ryu

http://www.jkdu.co.za/pics/logos/jkduhpma1.gif

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

jameswebsteruk
10-09-2001, 11:58 AM
Qimaster.

I live near London. Sorry, but it is extremely difficult for me to suddenly zip up north to Accrington or wherever on a whim. I would be interested in seeing you when you are next in London. I will look out for details of your seminars in Combat magazine. Which, incidentally, I think has really gone down hill in the last few years. I remember when it used to be worth buying, back in the 80s! It had good articles about techniques and concepts. Now it is almost exclusively self promotion and details of kickboxing competition results.

The reason I stress the Randi challenge is simply because I would be more interested in seeing your empty force abilities in a controlled setting. A seminar is not a controlled setting.

Does your chi projection work on inanimate objects or only living ones?
Does it work on dead flesh? eg. can you move a joint of beef?
How about a live cow?
Does it work on someone sitting or lying down?
On someone blindfolded?
Or someone deaf?
On someone who is otherwise unaware that he/she is being projected at?
Does it work on children?
Does it work equally well with males and females?
Does it work through glass?
Through walls?
What is the maximum distance you are able to project over?
Does the effect diminish with distance, or is it constant?

These are the sort of questions which I would like to see investigated, before I would be convinced that there was something real occurring. Anecdotal evidence does not convince me.

Shaolin
10-09-2001, 12:39 PM
No one cares about your ego problem jizzmaster. :mad:

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

qimaster
10-09-2001, 07:50 PM
Does your chi projection work on inanimate objects or only living ones?

living ones

Does it work on dead flesh? eg. can you move a joint of beef?

no

How about a live cow?

dunno

Does it work on someone sitting or lying down?

sitting yes, laying down, no

On someone blindfolded?

yes

Or someone deaf?

yes

On someone who is otherwise unaware that he/she is being projected at?

depends on their sensitivity

Does it work on children?

yes

Does it work equally well with males and females?

yes

Does it work through glass?

yes

Through walls?

yes

What is the maximum distance you are able to project over?

8 meters

Does the effect diminish with distance, or is it constant?

diminishes.

--------------------------

re masta killer:

yawn.

Grappling-Insanity
10-10-2001, 08:41 AM
LOL no thats not me in the pic. That would be Brad M, lol I guess I should have thought of the confusion first :D .I'll just take that pic down now...

Lets just say I'm a skeptic, I think chi can be used to heal. But I doubt it can be used in a fight. Maybe in a comic book or whatever.

jameswebsteruk
10-10-2001, 12:06 PM
QiMaster

Interesting.

My questions are trying to pinpoint an effect that cannot be explained by some other cause. For example, mild hypnotism.

The reason I mention a cow is because they are large, placid beasts, who as far as I know, are not affected by human hypnotic techniques. If you could make a cow fall over, that would be something to see.

How about plants? Are you able to cause a plant to move? I am not being facetious here, but does the effect require the subject to be intelligent as well as alive, and actually aware he is being projected at, and more importantly the nature of the projection and what the likely outcome of the projection is?

eg. If a person off the street who has no idea about martial arts, or what chi projection is, and has no idea what is expected from a successful projection. Does it work then?

Obviously the presence of people in gis, or a big sign outside the seminar might have to be taken into consideration...

You say it depends on a persons sensitivity. Sensitivity to what?

When it works through walls or glass, is the person aware that they are being subjected to a projection?

Here is an example experiment which would be useful, although not a definitive test. Sign up some people for a pyschology experiment, which they are told involve memory tests.

Sit them in a soundproofed room with a one way mirror, (less than 8 metres from the subject).

The seated subject is required to read a series of magazine articles for 5 minutes, on which they are told they are to be tested later.

During this time, they would unaware of your presence, but you would be standing outside the room, projecting your chi, and trying to knock them over, or off the chair, or whatever the usual effect is.

This is not a fully controlled experiment, but is a start. The reason it is not fully controlled, is that the people being tested may stil have found out in advance what was actually going on, and their behaviour could be affected accordingly.
Also, the people conducting the test could have their own bias, and might skew the results themselves.

A more controlled experiment would have a large group of people who were aware of the real nature of the test. They would be told that half of them would be subjected to the projection, and half wouldnt, but there would be no way for them to know at the actual time of the test. The projection would be done 50% of the time, and the results from all tests examined. Obviously, you would expect the people who were actually subjected to the projection to exhibit more effects than those who were not.

The way to ensure that no bias entered this test would be to ensure that the people who decided who was actually going to undergo the projection, would not be the same people who measured the effects.

A variation of this would be to split the group into two parts. The first group would be told that they would be subject to a projection, but no actual projection would take place. This would examine whether some people exhibit the symptoms, because they feel that is what is expected of them, even if no actual effect is taking place.

The second group would be told that they were a control group, and they would not be subject to the projection. However, they would actually undergo the projection. This would examine whether the effect is countered if people actively believe that no projection is taking place.

The reason I am sceptical of your abilities, is that in properly controlled experiments of such claims in the past, the claimed ability always seems to disappear.

Have you ever undergone any indepth investigations like these?
Would you be willing to?

TaoBoxer
10-10-2001, 05:31 PM
Qimaster wrote:

tao boxer, if you ever find your way all the way up to wichita falls, come on down. have no fears no one will put a bullet in your face, or place a shotgun to your ear and pull the trigger. nor will anyone gang jump you, and stomp your head to mush on a concrete curb, nor will anyone tie you to a chair and slice you to pieces with a boxcutter just for the fun of it.

Would your sifu say that?

qimaster
10-10-2001, 06:27 PM
maybe in Chinese...

qimaster
10-10-2001, 06:37 PM
I do not have time for all the tests people would wanna do. I suggest you learn the method, get the results, and test yourself to your hearts desire:)

Ross
10-10-2001, 07:22 PM
Now I could agree with what you are saying rick except that I don't someone else should go and learn your methods and then test them.

It would seem to me that the onus is on you to prove things before taking peoples money. Otherwise you have to think of good old PT Barnum's sayings....... ;')

I was in mainland china and watched lots of "chi projection" stuff. Funny it seemed to work best on the less educated locals and white tourists. Maybe this is an indication of some gullibility factor present in those groups.

Cheers, R.

chokeyouout2
10-10-2001, 08:38 PM
I can't believe you have people actually contemplating the truth of your fireballz out the arse stories.FRAUD,FAKE,IMPOSTOR,QUACK,CHARLATAN,SNAKE OIL SALESMAN.

WHAT YOU DO IS FRAUD.SO, YOU GET A BELT IN FRAUD YOU FU.

meltdawn
10-10-2001, 08:41 PM
qimaster,

"would he?
maybe in Chinese... "

Who is your Chinese master?

"Waiting is bad." - Musashi
www.lungyingjingjung.com (http://www.lungyingjingjung.com)

JasBourne
10-10-2001, 08:42 PM
http://www.m-w.com/mw/mw/lighter/cool/images/dig.gif

JasBourne
10-10-2001, 08:54 PM
http://www.joebates.com/joesfreakshow/lites_out.jpg

amazing chi blast.

SifuAbel
10-10-2001, 11:38 PM
hey jas,

Is that your GrandMother? I can see the family resemblance. I guess they didn't have epilady in those days.

Really now, what are your qualifications to make any sort of judgement?

Are you immortal?

sifuabel@yahoo.
com

qimaster
10-10-2001, 11:50 PM
yawn. lamer. plonk.

qimaster
10-10-2001, 11:53 PM
Yawn. You bore me. You do not happen to like what I do. Too bad. You are scared perhaps that I am exploring areas that you can never reach, sorry. You do not know me, and have never met me, and have never trained with me. Your fault. You do not like what I do. Too bad.

people with more adventurous hearts who have met me and have trained with me know better.

message to "R": this is not china. I do not train with stupid people, I train with some of the best martial arts people in the world. I teach very intelligent people, doctors, lawyers, etc...

what I do is valid. if it were not, I would not be where I am today. I bless my teachers every day: C. F. Lum for teaching me the martial side of things from 1970 thru 1977, and others along the way up to today - decades later. Also Master Paul Dong for teaching me what he learned from Yu Yong Nian, and Yu from what he was taught by Wang Xiang Zhai. I am proud to be a lineage holder in that famous line of martial artists.

I am proud to call intelligent people like Rick Moneymaker, Tom Muncy, Mike DePasquale Jr, & Sr, Allen Wheeler, Jack Hogan, Glenn Morris and others
my friends. They have seen what I can do - they have all met me and know what I do is valid.

The pathetic few here who talk about me have never ever laid eyes on me in real life, and never trained with me in person, and therefore
have no idea what I do. All they do is talk, and thats all they can do. They are no better than any klan member or neo nazi, or any other racist trash in their level of prejudice. so, let them hide behind their keyboards, or snicker from far away places... they can live like ostriches with their heads in the sand when they see something they dont understand, and they can complain all they want.

I have no onus upon me to be tested by anyone. anyone who wants to learn the method I was taught, can do the things I have done, and will continue to do for many years and decades to come.

I had to pay for my training, and so other have to pay to learn from me. thats the way it is. nothing is free. cliche little insults from small minded trolls and children amuse me. I am the one who still gets articles published, and does many seminars all over the place, time and time again.
If I did not come through, I would not be asked to return again and again.

[This message was edited by qimaster on 10-11-01 at 03:21 PM.]

JasBourne
10-11-2001, 12:25 AM
Hey look! There's two of them now!

http://www.joebates.com/joesfreakshow/pinheads.jpg

Some interesting links:

http://www.wheelers-isshinryu.com/images/mooney03.mpg
http://www.uechi-ryu.com/realtime_video_clip_library.htm
http://www.geocities.com/sijai2000/

[This message was edited by JasBourne on 10-11-01 at 03:41 PM.]

SifuAbel
10-11-2001, 12:42 AM
Jas,

Stop sending me nude pictures of yourself. And, no I don't believe playboy wants them either.
http://www.uglypeople.com/uglymen/ugly-images/up-men-00621.jpg

Are you immortal?

sifuabel@yahoo.
com

JasBourne
10-11-2001, 02:46 AM
Mooney, you are a legend in your own mind, your entire resume is a house of cards, and you prove the adage that "there is a sucker born every minute".

Let's just go to your website and take a little spin around the net to look at a few of your "credentials", shall we?

Florida State Director: Federation of United Martial Artists 1989 thru 1998
National Substance Abuse Advisor - F.U.M.A. 1989 thru Present:

Here's what the founder and director of FUMA, Michael DePasquale, a fella who works very hard at celebrity and sells "Combat Cardio", has to say about the organization: http://mdpent.com/fuma.htm (concidentally, that's exactly how much info you will find on this organization elsewhere, aside from Mooney's own website and the "resume" he has posted in other places)

The World Martial Arts Hall of Fame in Jacksonville, FL - well, there seems to be a World Martial Arts Hall of Fame, Inc. in Cleveland, no apparent association to the first group, if it exists. Little mention of any such entity except on Mooney's site, and on that of an MA-type membership website, http://www.dragonslist.com/, who refers you back to his site.

Shaolin Chuan Fa Temple Association - same as above

World Martial Arts Development Foundation - same as above

Hoshin Roshi Ryu of Ninjutsu - same as above

World Combat Martial Artists Association - anyone can be a member, it's free, just sign up.

Erle Montaigue's World Taiji Boxing Association - costs about $50 a year, and you get 4 issues of Combat & Healing Magazine, too! Wowzers!

8th degree black sash recognized by Dragon Society International U.S. Fighting Arts Institute - check 'em out for yourself: http://www.dragonsociety.com/ Mind you, Mooney never actually studied with them. He's just recognized. Except, oddly enough, not on the website of the Dragon Society. BTW, they have cool T-shirts. Which they will gladly sell you, along with a slew of other stuff.

Federation of United Martial Artists (FUMA) Jujutsu Styles starting in 1977 thru 1995, current rank 5th Dan recognized by the IFOJJ:

The IFOJJ is a second organization run by Michael DePasquale, to complement FUMA. The official website, on dePasquale's site: http://www.mdpent.com/ifojj1.htm Whoohoo, that was exciting!

Everything feeds back into itself. Complete house of cards. You get gullible magazine folks to print your claptrap because its too much hassle to look into your background, and besides, you've already been published, so you MUST be legit. You're a charlatan, Mooney. You do a great disservice to true practicioners. But you get points for being very good at guerilla marketing yourself, almost as good as Ashida and Paulie Zink.

Go ahead, waste your breath by squealing about how my views are worthless because I don't know you personally. Anyone can do the same simple homework I just did, come up against the same dead-ends and feedback loops. You put yourself and your ludicrous claims out there, you're **** right it's on you to prove yourself. Go ahead.

meltdawn
10-11-2001, 02:51 AM
qimaster:

I'm personally more interested in "the martial side of things". :)

"C. F. Lum for teaching me the martial side of things from 1970 thru 1977"
What style?

"Also Master Paul Dong for teaching me what he learned from Yu Yong Nian, and Yu from what he was taught by Wang Xiang Zhai. I am proud to be a lineage holder in that famous line of martial artists."
Also, what style?

Thank you

Grappling-Insanity
10-11-2001, 03:25 AM
Ouch Jas has good stuff :D .

Watchman
10-11-2001, 05:06 AM
Excellent work, my dear.

brassmonkey
10-11-2001, 07:19 AM
For some reason I laugh everytime I see the name "Moneymaker" for some reason.

brassmonkey
10-11-2001, 07:44 AM
Just got done checking out your site Grandmaster Mooney. The video clips are interesting..out of curiousity do you teach this empty force as a stand alone and how long does it take students to train before they can reasonably expect to use it?

chokeyouout2
10-11-2001, 08:08 AM
Actually meeting you or seeing you train has no bearing on the outlandishness of your claims.I saw your videos, I saw your choreographed darth vader mumbo jumbo.Whats interesting is your emotional relationship with your lies.Do you actually believe them, or do you willingly lie and craft videos to support your lies?

[This message was edited by vasco de gama on 10-11-01 at 11:17 PM.]

qimaster
10-11-2001, 09:05 AM
you all are just jealous. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
yawn.

TAO YIN
10-11-2001, 09:10 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!

In reference to the members here, Qi whatever said "all they do is talk and that is all they can do." Isn't this exactly what you are doing Qi whatever??

Are you saying that those people are just your friends, or are they your friends who are great (sigh) martial artists?

It's people like you who wake up in the morning and smile at themselves in the mirror, enamored with what they see, totally full of delusional pride.

Let me guess, no one has ever experienced the physical and mental pain that you have. You walked uphill BOTHWAYS in the sleet and snow to school and back home, you have been shot at twenty times; each time by a lousy shot. Your Sifu really taught you the OLD ways and no one else could possible realize this suffering and torment that it took for you to become a master.

But hey, none of that matters because you are in magazines now. You should check out the sokeship council next. I hear they have a spot open to replace Jim Lacy.

TAO YIN :D

qimaster
10-11-2001, 10:35 AM
you silly little trolls make me laugh.

your pitiful attempts to impugn my reputation are as much a joke as you are.

ROFL!

SifuAbel
10-11-2001, 10:46 AM
jas gets a B for effort but a D for content and big fat F for that picture she sent me.

The question still stands to the naysayers.
What are your qualifications to make any kind of judgement on chi? Vasco need not reply, we know you're just a steroid head and thats where you're comeing from. BTW which one are you in that picture on your profile?

Are you immortal?

sifuabel@yahoo.
com

SifuAbel
10-11-2001, 10:51 AM
OT

Qimaster,

Looking at some of these sites It dawned on me that we may have competed against each other in a tournament a while back. You were doing a two man hand set in the open forms competition and we were doing a sabre vs. fist set. This was some time ago and you may not remember me.

Are you immortal?

sifuabel@yahoo.
com

TAO YIN
10-11-2001, 10:57 AM
HAHAHAHA! QI****!

Was I right about almost everything I posted?

I thought so, hence you using the phrase "my reputation." There is no such thing, in the end your dead. However, people like you use the phrase "my reputation." Funny thing is, I've never heard of you till today.

Oh and on the trolling issue, you are doing it worse than anyone here idiot. You should realize that you're no better than anyone else. Since I am the troll here is some bait:

Are you a human??

Then Shut up, you will die just like everyone else! You bleed like a human. You're nothing.

TAO YIN

"Group C is by far the largest group of humans in the world. They're known as the flaming retards."

brassmonkey
10-11-2001, 10:57 AM
If you could make it happen I'd love to get an autographed pic of you, Sin The, Ashida Kim and Erle Montaigue together. This truly would be a treasure to me and I'd be willing to pay good $ for it, I'm completely serious.

SifuAbel
10-11-2001, 11:05 AM
What does all that have to do with the price of tea in china?

Talk about comeing out of left feild. Nice profile BTW :rolleyes:

Are you immortal?

sifuabel@yahoo.
com

qimaster
10-11-2001, 11:16 AM
Sifu; maybe we did, and yes it might have been years ago.

a$: troll - plonk.

as far as my reputation goes, it is impeccable, and neither you (whoever you are) or other trolls like jas will ever be able to drag it down. I am a respected member of the international martial arts community, and nothing you say can change that:)

I am well respected by my peers, and also my subordinates.

trolls like jas and grappling insanity should show more respect to their betters, such as myself.

nobodies like a$ will never amount to anything in life or in martial arts, since they do not train, and have no true desire to attain any real skill.

Internationally known and respected members of the
martial arts community really do brighten sites like this, but I can understand their reticence
at posting, since underlings will try to snipe at them in all sorts of feeble ways.

sincerely;

Grandmaster Rich Mooney
Dragon Society International Tai Chi Kung Fu Club
405 Galveston
Wichita Falls, Texas

qimaster
10-11-2001, 11:28 AM
yawn. you loser! How dare you insult your betters in such a fashion.

my reputation on the national and international scene is unimpeachable. A nameless nobody such as yourself should be honored that a person of my reputation and calibre would even deign to post here.

jameswebsteruk
10-11-2001, 11:36 AM
QiMaster

You say that you dont have time for all the tests people want to give you. Have you ever been properly tested at all?

If I really had a supernatural ability, I would want to go straight into a reputable university laboratory, and have my successes published in a reputable journal, like Nature, New Scientist, or Scientific Amercian. The worlds press would be all over me. Nobel prizes would be given out left right and centre, for discovering a new force hitherto unknown to science.

Have you ever asked yourself why it may be that people lying down are unaffected, whilst people sitting or standing are? Or why plants, another type of living organism, are unaffected?

You are obviously interested in your claimed abilities, else you wouldnt have been able to explain the limits of projection distance, or the fact that it apparently tails off with distance.

I simply dont understand why you would not wish to show, openly and definitively, that your abilities are real. You are obviously not averse to publicity and self-promotion, else you would not have started this thread in the first place. ;)

Oh, and incidentally, reading your last few responses, claims from authority are irrelevant.
It doesnt matter whether high status people in the MA world hold you in high regard. What matters is whether you can really do what you claim to be able to do.

Frank

The chalice from the palace has the pellet with the poison,
The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!

[This message was edited by Frank Exchange on 10-12-01 at 02:45 AM.]

qimaster
10-11-2001, 11:54 AM
I am a short train ride away from london area. I came 3000 miles to be here, and you will not even travel a few hundred round trip to see.

there is no sense in continuing with your line of questioning. learn the method yourself, and test the method yourself.

science is only as good as the men behind it.

I know it works, and that is good enough for me.
For those who it is not good enough for, o well.
I cant please everyone.

I will be in accrington tonight at 7pm

call 01254-667599 for details. I will be in
Huddersfield tomorrow from 10 til about 2 pm, and in Oakham, Rutland on sunday from about 10 til 2pm. then its back to the usa for me.

The next time I will come back will be in June or July of next year.

see ya

brassmonkey
10-11-2001, 12:44 PM
"a$: troll - plonk."
Is this where I'm supposed to call you some names dick?

"as far as my reputation goes, it is impeccable, and neither you (whoever you are) or other trolls like jas will ever be able to drag it down. I am a respected member of the international martial arts community, and nothing you say can change that:)"
Says you, your ego is certainly peerless.

"nobodies like a$ will never amount to anything in life or in martial arts, since they do not train, and have no true desire to attain any real skill."
Your very wise. I have to give you credit for at least putting up to those who question your skill. I'm just a tadpole now, when I have some skill perhaps I'll still remember your name and fate for you will have our paths cross and you can show me some empty force skill.

qimaster
10-11-2001, 01:09 PM
whatever. plonk. yawn.

"I'll still remember your name and fate for you will have our paths cross and you can show me some empty force skill."

oh is that suppossed to make me shake? puhleeze.

at least I have a name. Are you too afraid to post with a real name?

as far as my ego, everyone has to have some pride in their work. I'm proud of my accomplishments.
I have worked very hard for the past 31 years building my reputation and my skills.

The keyboard commandos who post here attempting to put me down, and who hide behind their screen names are as talented as used toilet paper, and are about as worth as much. They all talk trash, and none of them NOT ONE of them has EVER had the cojones to meet with and train with me.

None of them can do a thing to stop me, or put a dent in my life.

Braden
10-11-2001, 04:33 PM
SifuAbel - I've got a bit more experience with internal work than vasco et al. but I have to agree with them to some extent. The claims Mr. Mooney makes are identical to feats that have been done in hypnotism and western stage magic for hundreds of years, and completely out of place in both classical and modern understanding of qigong. That tempered by my skepticism, along with some problems generally with it's use in self-defense, make me cynical about the claims. But I have never met the man and tested it for myself, so I'm not in a position to make definite remarks.

meltdawn
10-11-2001, 04:39 PM
hey qimaster, did you over look my question?

I'm personally more interested in "the martial side of things".

"C. F. Lum for teaching me the martial side of things from 1970 thru 1977"
What style?

"Also Master Paul Dong for teaching me what he learned from Yu Yong Nian, and Yu from what he was taught by Wang Xiang Zhai. I am proud to be a lineage holder in that famous line of martial artists."
Also, what style?

What style of Chinese kung fu do you now practice?

Thank you

jameswebsteruk
10-11-2001, 04:52 PM
>> I am a short train ride away from london area. I came 3000 miles to be here, and you will not even travel a few hundred round trip to see. <<

I think you are getting paid for these seminars, yes? I am not getting paid for the 3 hour+ train journey it would take for me to attend, and the subsequent disruption it would cause to my work and family.

>>there is no sense in continuing with your line of questioning. learn the method yourself, and test the method yourself. <<

There is a lot of sense in continuing with my questions, but you refuse to be tested. Why should I spend years in the possibly futile search for a supernatural ability, when the person who claims to already have the powers is unwilling to demonstrate them in a controlled setting?

>> science is only as good as the men behind it. <<

Agreed. So lets find some good scientists to investigate! :)

>> I know it works, and that is good enough for me. For those who it is not good enough for, o well. I cant please everyone. <<

You could, though. You could be properly tested, and have your abilities verified. By doing this, you would silence your critics. They wouldn't have a leg left to stand on.

I am afraid that your reluctance to do so throws doubt on your abilities.

>> The next time I will come back will be in June or July of next year. <<

I hope you will organize some London dates.

Frank

JasBourne
10-11-2001, 05:00 PM
"It's pronouced CHEE"

Well, cheesemaster, I've got a little time on my hands right now, so let's look at some more of your house of cards, and add them to the last batch of question marks. Just some simple surfing for now.

So what exactly is it you're a grandmaster of again??

Southern Shaolin Tiger Crane Fist and Grappling Method?
"1970 till present: Southern Shaolin Tiger Crane Fist and Grappling Method. I trained with Master Chan F. Lum, Mott Street, Chinatown NY from 1970-77." Let's see... according to http://www.chinatownweb.com/index.htm there's a a Dragon Style school at 16 Mott. There's also a Chinese Community Center at 62 Mott Street, off Canal, but no Tiger Crane school.

"8th degree black sash recognized by Dragon Society International" - how fun! Considering that the Dragon Society Grandmaster, Rick Moneymaker (how freudian!) is, according to his own PR, "9th Dan TORITE JUTSU 9th Dan OKINAWAN KEMPO, 5th Degree Black Belt in Isshinryu presented to him by Allen Wheeler" (we'll come back to the Wheeler connection shortly). What makes Moneymaker qualified to judge your ability in Shaolin Tiger Crane? What is 'Torite Jutsu'?

"U.S. Fighting Arts Institute, Federation of United Martial Artists Jujutsu Styles starting in 1977 thru 1995, current rank 5th Dan recognized by the IFOJJ" Hey, it's your best friend (your words, right on your website) again, Mike dePasquale!

"Promoted to Renshi 11/27/98 by Soke Jim Horne, of Bradenton, FL." Anyone know Jim Horne? There's a senator in Florida named Jim Horne...

"Recognized as Hanshi by the Hoshin Roshi Ryu of Ninjutsu and Dr Glenn Morris" Anyone know a Glenn Morris? And what exactly is this "recognized"?

Allen Wheeler - yet another Grandmaster, this time in Isshinryu and Arnis. He hosts some pages within his site that contain links to Mooneys 'amazing chi' demo videos, though not directly from his website, you have to know the URL, as in http://www.wheelers-isshinryu.com/images/mooney03.mpg Say, wasn't Wheeler the guy who legitimized Rich Moneymaker, who legitimized you?

I see on your site's front page that you and the Dragon Society have joined forces. I also see that everywhere your name shows up, Rick Moneymaker is close by. So we have here a cozy little network - you, the dudes at Dragon Society, and your bosom buddy Mike dePasquale (hey, you have to ask your 'best friend' to put you on his website!). You each 'legitimize' each other, how sweet! What a nice little cottage industry!

http://www.dragonslist.com/issues/ Hey, you, Rick Moneymaker, Wong Kiew Kit, and Erle "dim mak deathtouch" Montaigue do a pretty brisk business over there!

"I have trained personally with Dr Delores Krieger in therapeutic touch. I am a Reiki III wit". Really? You went to NYU, where she is Dean of Nursing?? Or did you just read her book?

On a public bulletin board at http://www.qigongamerica.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000018.html you write: "Let me preface this by stating that I have known Dr Johnson since about 1981 when I was stationed at FT. Ord California with the 7th Infantry Division. I trained for a short while at the school he had set up at the Sunrise Center in Carmel. I have also undertaken the 6 part series he published, along with Dan Miller, on Pa Kua Chang Chi Kung, and derived great benefit from the well
laid out course."

What a coincidence, a dear friend of mine is nearing her doctorate from Five Branches Institute, where Jerry Alan Johnson
is currently dean! I'll ask her to ask him if he knows you, or if you just read the book again. Oh, wait a minute, over here in Jerry's curriculum vitae it states: "Dr. Johnson operated clinics in Colorado Springs, Colorado (1981-84), working as a consultant and associate in Acupuncture and Medical Qigong Therapy to Western Medical Doctors and Chiropractors.
Chi is AMAZING! It allows a man to be in two different states AT THE SAME TIME!!

Oh, and I'm curious as to why you have to pad your own guestbook?? Specifically, the entry at http://www.geocities.com/sijai2000/archive1.html from your alter ego "napoleon duarte" (see the previous debacle at http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=126197291&f=340190991&m=5241928752#7151961952 here on KFO, when you actually created napoleon to cheer for you - "plonk!" - really, you have to get a new phrase, that one busts you too easily), 2nd entry from the top in the archive:
----------
First Name : Napoleon
Email : napoleon_duarte@yahoo.com
Style : Isshinryu Karate Do
Comment : Grandmaster Mooney, YOU are the most amazing martial artist I have ever seen in my entire life! Your skills are so extraordinary, I am left speechless by your abilities!
----------

Oh, please! (groooan)

For a long time I lived in a progressive little town with a lot of rich folks looking for answers outside themselves. I saw no end to the number of phoneys willing to relieve them of their cash. Their credentials were much more impressive than yours. After the whole New Age 'rebirthing' and faith healing ran its course, the "qigong masters" showed up. I've met some real practicioners, but way more charlatans. The one single thing that the real practicioners share is a gentle humility and propensity for simple truth that you seem incapable of. You reek of hucksterism.

You put yourself out there, you make dubious claims and wave impressive-sounding credentials, it's on you to prove you are not a liar. Go ahead.

qimaster
10-11-2001, 05:04 PM
plonk for you troll. I do not have to explain myself to anyone, least of all you.

http://www.chinatownweb.com/index.htm there's a a Dragon Style school at 16 Mott. There's also a Chinese Community Center at 62 Mott Street, off Canal, but no Tiger Crane school.

>>I trained in chinatown until 1977. I have not trained there since then. when I did train there I did train at his apartment.

What is 'Torite Jutsu'?

>> do your own research, you seem to enjoy that, why spoil it for you.

Hey, it's your best friend (your words, right on your website) again, Mike dePasquale!

>> hey you are as sharp as a mud tack.

There's a senator in Florida named Jim Horne

>>there is also a martial artist named jim horne, who now lives in bradenton, he teaches sukunai hayashi tomari te.

Anyone know a Glenn Morris? And what exactly is this "recognized"?

>>glenn morris: pathnotes of an american ninja master, martial arts madness, that glenn morris, one of hatsumi's best students here in the US

recognized, its recognition, its what you dont have you small insignificant rat slime. its when high ranking martial arts people (of which you are not) see what excellent skills you have, and recognize you for your work and accomplishments.

>>Say, wasn't Wheeler the guy who legitimized Rich Moneymaker, who legitimized you?

o no, Grandmaster Allen Wheller did not legitimise Rick, Rick is legitimate through Geroge Dillman, and long ago before you were an underwear stain in your moms boxers, Rick and I were training very hard to become the great martial artists we are today.

>>trained personally with Dr Delores Krieger in therapeutic touch

yup, sure did, at the don cesar hotel in st petersburg florida. nice lady. have pix of she and together. she is a friend also.

>> It allows a man to be in two different states AT THE SAME TIME!!

Jerry left at the end of 1981 for colorado you twit.

>>Oh, and I'm curious as to why you have to pad your own guestbook??

I dont.

>>your alter ego "napoleon duarte"

proof please?

>>You reek of hucksterism.

oh really, I cant see how, since I take a shower everyday. you must be smelling the stink coming off yourself, have you changed your kotex recently?

>>You put yourself out

why yes, indeed I do. to help educate really interested people, unlike yourself, who is more interested in finding fault with others, than instead, lets say, of working on your own shortcomings and faults.

but thats ok, I am where I am due not in any way or part to the sad actions of people like yourself.

foad troll.

[This message was edited by qimaster on 10-12-01 at 08:23 AM.]

JasBourne
10-11-2001, 05:21 PM
hahahaha! The Emperor has no clothes, folks.

qimaster
10-11-2001, 05:25 PM
plonk.

hey guess what, its an internet term, lots of people use it. foad troll

JasBourne
10-11-2001, 05:32 PM
Nice of you to amend your post to add some kind of content. Still, too many question marks, exaggerations, and half-truths. A seminar makes you a reiki III? I've got my picture with celebrities, doesn't make me a moviestar.

Proof of napoleon duarte? Re-read the thread, it's right there. Plonk.

No, you have no time to explain yourself or prove your claims or do anything other than belittle anyone who questions your veracity.

Keep talking, Mooney. The pit under your feet gets deeper and deeper.

qimaster
10-11-2001, 05:46 PM
deeper and deeper like the lines of you keep trying to spew about me.

go and do some real training and maybe one day if you have any skill, you can offer to others what I now offer to the world at large, until that time, just stay where you belong, in the closet.

JasBourne
10-11-2001, 05:57 PM
"you can offer to others what I now offer to the world at large"

No thanks, there's enough chicanery in the world already. Besides, I don't think there's a B.S. in BS.

Taoist Disciple
10-11-2001, 05:58 PM
I'm not saying that I doubt your skills or anything.

But you are an arrogant *******. Speak with the correct moderation due to a Grandmaster.

I don't write things here.

Stumblefist
10-11-2001, 06:54 PM
"yawn. you loser! How dare you insult your betters in such a fashion.
my reputation on the national and international scene is unimpeachable. A nameless nobody such as yourself should be honored that a person of my reputation and calibre would even deign to post here."
It's a joke right?
How do you get all that "reputation and calibre" with your head up your posterior?

"Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill
This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free
But you'll never follow me"

qimaster
10-11-2001, 07:07 PM
you all are so boring...

plonk for you.

ta!

JasBourne
10-11-2001, 07:42 PM
Yes, the truth is rather boring, isn't it? So much more exciting to be the inscrutable "Master of Qi" than just plain Rich Mooney, empty braggart, whose claims cannot withstand even the slightest scrutiny...

Stumblefist
10-11-2001, 08:01 PM
Have i been plonked?
For being boring?
Sorry i'm not up on the arcana and jargon.
is somebody who plonks a plonker?
You sound more like a duck.
honk, honk, plonk
well, even though you have an unimpeachable certificate of reputation and calibre on the national and international scene (sarcasm button)..when you plonk like a duck i can't help but be impressed.
Do you do other animal imitations?

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free

Grappling-Insanity
10-11-2001, 08:02 PM
If were so boring then get the **** out. I do respect my betters notice how you dont get any???. You have to earn respect, your nothing but a 40 year old lying loser.

wufupaul
10-11-2001, 09:48 PM
Why doesn't somebody go and check him out? Instead of all the mouth fu? I'm skeptical as well, hell, I'm skeptical of everything. He's given invites for people to check him out, go do it. I'm in Texas, I'll check out the school, if I'm ever in the Wichita Falls area. I can spew out opinion all day, but I'm not gonna waste my time with it, I'll check out the school and then give an opinion.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about
life. IT GOES ON.

jameswebsteruk
10-12-2001, 12:39 AM
Why not check him out?

Because he refuses to be tested in a controlled setting.

A seminar given by him is not a controlled setting. Thats why I bang on about Randi so much, as a former magician, he knows the tricks that can be used to fool people into believing that some things are real.

Also, outside of a controlled settings, skilled hypnotists like Derren Brown can duplicate many of the techniques displayed in the mpegs, without the use of chi.

Stumblefist
10-12-2001, 10:53 AM
I don't think he nees any respect. He has an unimpeachable certificate of reputation and calibre.
Besides, he can honk like a goose.
If he can do that, who needs respect?
Probably he can quack like a duck
and croak like a frog.
I'm waiting to hear it.
I'm breathless. :cool: :cool: :cool:

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free

chokeyouout2
10-12-2001, 02:19 PM
I officially challenge you to a all out bullsh1tting contest.Ok, you win.

rogue
10-12-2001, 03:20 PM
"Looking at some of these sites It dawned on me that we(sifu Abel & qimaster) may have competed against each other in a tournament a while back."

That sentence has to give Knifefighter a woody! :D

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban who right about now is getting jiggy with his first of 70 virgins.

“Are you guys ready? Let’s roll.” Last words of Todd Beamer heard over his mobile line right before rushing a hijacker.

JasBourne
10-12-2001, 05:56 PM
This portion of Mooney's "resume" is particularly troubling:

"Specialty Skills:
Energy Healing with Qi (pronounced CHEE). I have to date worked on over 750 people, treating a wide variety of complaints, ranging from simple head and toothache to recovery from pains due to surgical intervention (Carpal Tunnel, appendectomy, renal cancer). I have maintained a meticulous journal of each person who has come to me since October 1991."

I'll let some credible credentialed professionals speak (italics are mine):
-----------------------------
"Alternative remedies fall into two categories:

1) Substances which are said to affect cellular functions like the immune system (e.g., Laetrile, 714-X, Antineoplastons, Hydrogen peroxide, Ozone, Hydrazine sulfate). The mechanisms by which these treatments supposedly work have been published, and can be scientifically evaluated.

2) Mystical practices which are used "to call up the patients latent healing powers" (e.g, Chi, homeopathy, accupuncture, chiropraxis, visualization, meditation, faith healing, Kirlian auras, numerology, gem therapy and Kabalah). There is no way to prove that these powers exist and can cause healing, so their acceptance depends entirely on the patients' willingness to blindly believe testimonials.

Charlatans depend heavily on patient testimonials as "proof" that their therapies work. However, they know that just offering a new treatment will boost a patient's spirits, cause an increase in appetite and even reduce the perception of pain. These subjective improvements are not proof that a treatment works.

Proof comes with supporting and concomitant evidence. It is the consistency and predictability with which patients respond to a treatment that is significant. Any unpredictable improvement that occurs sporadically may not be due to the treatment itself and therefore cannot be claimed as proof of its reliability.

Every scientist lives with the challenge,"PROVE IT!" To do so, he knows he must present data that supports his conclusions and can be independently reproduced by other scientists. What is relevant in proving the curative value of any treatment is not the reputation of its proponent, the persuasiveness of his theory, the eminence of his political supporters, the anecdotes of his patients or the lack of confidence that layman may have in the medical establishment. It is whether the treatment can be shown to work in rigorously controlled, objectively interpreted independent clinical trials."

- "The Realities of Alternative Medicine for Serious Illness: A Guide for Laymen" By Dr. Saul Green, Ph.D.

-------------------
"Among the hallmarks of quacks is that they attach a disproportionate and usually unreasonable amount of weight to their own personal experience and prejudices. Besides taking the form of promotion-by-testimonial, quacks often express indignation that anyone would dare question what they saw with their own eyes that they know cannot be explained in any other way. Often, it takes the form of the "Galileo ploy." This is when quacks claim to be misunderstood or persecuted geniuses who represent the future of medical science, while their critics are nothing but the remnants of a soon-to-be-outdated past."

- Dr. Tim Gorski, MD Council Against Health Fraud

[This message was edited by JasBourne on 10-13-01 at 09:06 AM.]

qimaster
10-12-2001, 07:07 PM
hehehehehe rofl.

you are just jealous of my many skills:)

Watchman
10-12-2001, 07:11 PM
That was a quick edit job qimaster. I thought the profanity in your original post more befitted your personality. :rolleyes:

Stumblefist
10-12-2001, 07:16 PM
You're using a cannon to kill a flea, Jabourne.
He's long dead. I think he committed suicide by trying to swallow his feet. The ancients used mud for that purpose.
But it's interesting.
Good research.

"This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free

[This message was edited by Stumblefist on 10-13-01 at 10:25 AM.]

[This message was edited by Stumblefist on 10-13-01 at 10:36 AM.]

Kung Lek
10-12-2001, 07:24 PM
just to jump in here for a sec.

1.acute vs chronic

Acute ailments are generally treated when the patient is so sick that they cannot possibly recover without surgery or drug therapy.

Chronic ailments are treated with preventetive measures such as concoctions, deconcoctions, exercise, good diet, etc...

Chi healing, Reiki and other similar practices help the patient to break down the psychological barriers of the disease. IE: the psychosymatic affectations of disease.

the pschosymatic aspect of disease is often what cause much stress and distress in the patient and blocks there ability to naturally heal.

If the practices associated with healing through homeopathy and Chi Kung alleviate this in the patient and quicker recovery occurs has not some effect taken place?

"Laughter is the best medicine"
"physician, heal thyself"

and so on. cynicism does not disprove the aspects of natural healing.

there are many acute remedies that do not work also.

If a person is visibly well and rvitalized from and sort of treatment from either a chronic or acute angle then this is only a good thing isn't it?

Granted there are those who will only practice healing methodologies because of the monetary rewards, but is this not common in western style medicine also?

I personally have recieved tcm treatment from my sifu and it has done great things for me. all the proof i need.

to the naysayers, i understand your disbelief, but suspend it for a moment and investigate it on a personal level wherein you are dealing with your body.

Mr.Mooney (from my perspective and correct me if I'm wrong Rich) is only trying to further his own knowledge through practice and to instill the practice firmly entwing it with martial practice, hence returning balance to american martial arts practice.

To me, this can only be a good thing, even if there are errors along the way.

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

JasBourne
10-12-2001, 07:26 PM
*sigh* you're probably right. I despise charlatans and carpetbaggers, those who would manipulate other's private fears and hopes in order to defraud them. To claim the mantle of healer is even more henious.

Kung Lek, I am not disparaging TCM in and of itself, having spent almost 5 years among earnest practicioners. I am objecting to having the positive and provable aspects of TCM used to bolster unprovable claims in order to create a profit for the claimant.

Stumblefist
10-12-2001, 07:45 PM
(Overlooking the obvious while trying to prove the existence of angels)
Mr Mooney (Rich) is far too uptight to have any ability for energy/natural healing... impossible
He first needs to use his chi power to remove the iron rod from up his backside. I think there are many testimonials to that on this thread.
i.e. Physician heal thyself, with that kind of uptightness his body's is probably like a glass chandelier. Probably will end up in the cancer ward.

(changed the thumb)

"This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free

brucelee2
10-12-2001, 08:41 PM
Hi Rich,

Couple questions for you. First, does practicing zhan zhuang increase the amount of chi you have or does it only 'smooth out' or improve the flow of the chi you already have. Secondly, are practitioners of li kong jing required to limit or regulate their sexual activity/ejaculation?

thanks

Go forward, my son, and
be like unto a torch
upon the darkness. Thou
are stripped now, of all
that was before. Look
not to thy fellow men
for guidance or
countenance- they canst
advise you no longer.
Thou shalt be as dust
now, and dust shall be
upon the tongues of thy
enemy. Verily, thou
shalt herald the coming
of the new age upon
man."

meltdawn
10-12-2001, 08:52 PM
qimaster, and anyone else:

Just for your information, the Dragon Style school is no longer on Mott, it is at 315 Grand Street.

qimaster:
After studying Chinese kung fu when you were between the ages of 10 - 17 (approximate by your bio), then studying Japanese martial arts, what led you 10 years later to Chinese qigong?

And what is "tiger crane" style??? Do you mean hung ga? My master was in NYC during the time you were there. I'd be curious to see if he knew your master.

qimaster
10-12-2001, 09:33 PM
qimaster:
After studying Chinese kung fu when you were between the ages of 10 - 17 (approximate by your bio), then studying Japanese martial arts, what led you 10 years later to Chinese qigong?

>>in 1983 while stationed at Ft Ord, Ca., a drunk in a lincoln ran a stop sign, prematurely causing my retirement from service. qigong enabled me to
deal with the numerous injuries I sustained that kept me hospitalized for almost a year.

And what is "tiger crane" style??? Do you mean hung ga? My master was in NYC during the time you were there. I'd be curious to see if he knew your master.

>> the tiger crane style I studied from my teacher Master Chan, at his apartment on mott street, was handed down thru his family line from the po tim fukien shaolin temple.

hung ga is Hung Family (ga) they popularized their version of tiger and crane fist arts.

qimaster
10-12-2001, 09:37 PM
Stumblefist

Mr Mooney (Rich) is far too uptight to have any ability for energy/natural healing... impossible

you dont know me or anything about me other than what has been written on this board. you have no idea what I have done in regards to external qi, or reiki, or any other type of healing, who I have treated or anything else.

it is impossible for you to make a correct judgement or assessment of my skills.

you have no idea how uptight I might be, or how relaxed I am. so, you can assume all you wish.

i.e. Physician heal thyself, with that kind of uptightness his body's is probably like a glass chandelier. Probably will end up in the cancer ward.

>> yeah, sure. now you are a psychic and a mind reader. My personality is a bit gruff, but hey thats me. sometimes I rub people the wrong way, but thats too bad. I am who I am, and I am **** good at what I do. thats why I get the honors I do. thats why I get magazine covers. thats why I go overseas 2x a year. etc etc etc.

[This message was edited by qimaster on 10-13-01 at 12:59 PM.]

qimaster
10-12-2001, 09:51 PM
I despise charlatans and carpetbaggers, those who would manipulate other's private fears and hopes in order to defraud them.

>> so do I, thats why I am glad I treat all people who come to me FOR FREE. My students, their family, their friends, their ailing pets, like dogs with arthritis, horses with bad shoulders and hips, etc...

close to 800 cases so far, all nicely detailed.

qimaster
10-12-2001, 09:55 PM
Hi Rich,
Couple questions for you. First, does practicing zhan zhuang increase the amount of chi you have or does it only 'smooth out' or improve the flow of the chi you already have

>>both, increases and smooths out.

Secondly, are practitioners of li kong jing required to limit or regulate their sexual activity/ejaculation?

moderation in all things is paramount.
do not overextend yourself sexually in any case.
if you are used to doing it 2x a day, do not, with your extra good feelings brought on by correct training, do it 4x a day. stick to whatever is your norm. it worked for me:)

JasBourne
10-12-2001, 10:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I had to pay for my training, and so other have to pay to learn from me. thats the way it is. nothing is free. [/quote]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>qimaster

hahahahahaha
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you guys are so funny. I am having so much fun with you all. what a laugh I am having. none of you can disprove anything I have said, and your pitiful attempts to make lame insults cause me to laugh all the harder.
I am having such a fun time playing with you all.

in fact...

you cant even tell if I am the real guy on that website

I could be spoofing the whole thing.

the material I posted could also be made up, or gleaned from other websites.

now you dont even know who it is you are talking to. or what it is I (whomever I may be) am talking about.

perhaps, and this is a real possibility....

perhaps sifu mooney left his PC on at his Kwoon, and I swiped his password from his password filelist.

in fact he might just be out of State, or even out of the US while I play with his PC and have all sorts of fun posting stuff in his name.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH.

[/quote]

My personal favorite:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> yawn. you loser! How dare you insult your betters in such a fashion.
my reputation on the national and international scene is unimpeachable. A nameless nobody such as yourself should be honored that a person of my reputation and calibre would even deign to post here. [/quote]

Your resume is a thin tissue of half-truths and exaggerations. Your claim of manipulating chi through the air is so far unproved, and you denigrate anyone who suggests applying scientific measurement. Your rudeness and arrogance is beyond belief, especially for one claiming title of 'Grandmaster'. All your responses have done nothing to lend credence to your claims, and everything to cast suspicion on them. When you have no answer, you insult and belittle.

If you have anything legitimate to share, any real knowledge to further study, it is sadly drowned out in the garishness of your carnival act. You're a fraud, Richard Mooney, and everyone can now see that through your own words and actions. Do not rely too smugly on your 'reputation', something that is bestowed upon you by prevalent public opinion, and as easily taken away. The world is a much smaller place these days, and word travels around the globe much faster than it used to.

Silumkid
10-12-2001, 11:34 PM
Just a few things I'd like to add...

It has been my experience that Western doctors do indeed scoff or defame anything that doesn't require revenue spent on their pills. Due to a few injuries to my lower back, I have had "difficult times" at certain points in my life. A chiropractor helped me to the point that the pain almost never comes back, however when a doctor heard that I was following such practice, he warned me that chiropractors cause too much movement in spinal adjustments and can cause more problems than they fix. This has not been my experience...I have suffered nerve pinches which have shut down my arms, lats, shoulders. At those times when seeing Western doctors, they would prescribe pills and sent me on my way. Some treatment. Chiropractors helped me every time. Please note I did not put much faith in chiropractic until I tried it. This is not to say that Western medicine has no value, however.

I also have limited qigong experience. Due to the distance I travel to learn, it makes it hard to get there more regularly. However, I do know how to use qi and do believe it exists. This is not a defense of Mr. Mooney however. I know nothing about him and his practice except from what I have read here. I do know that so far, I have not seen nor heard of my internal teacher projecting his chi. I have seen him perform some amazing things, but they required physical contact, much as someone else posted earlier. I do think it is interesting to note that the people who proport to be able to do this have less than stellar reputations among the martial arts community.

Anyhow, points can be made either way to prove or disprove anything. Jas, if you believe that there is out-and-out fraud here, then your cause is just. Rich, if you are honestly helping people, then your cause is just. That being said, can both people here be "right"? Sure...stranger things have happened.

Don't think I am chastising anyone here, you guys can fight all day. It's pretty entertaining really. But I do concede that it doesn't help one's position to attack a person personally. Any debater worth anything knows that when you get personal, you have lost the debate.

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

JasBourne
10-13-2001, 12:12 AM
Point taken. I'm done.

brucelee2
10-13-2001, 01:37 AM
Rich,

Thanks for your response. If you ever make it out Vancouver, BC way please shoot me an email and if you like we can have a friendly exchange (or I could have a free healing:)

Go forward, my son, and
be like unto a torch
upon the darkness. Thou
are stripped now, of all
that was before. Look
not to thy fellow men
for guidance or
countenance- they canst
advise you no longer.
Thou shalt be as dust
now, and dust shall be
upon the tongues of thy
enemy. Verily, thou
shalt herald the coming
of the new age upon
man."

rogue
10-13-2001, 02:20 AM
Why is everyone still feeding qimasters ego?

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban who right about now is getting jiggy with his first of 70 virgins.

Watchman
10-13-2001, 02:57 AM
For the same reason you can't resist turning your head to look when you pass a car accident. :rolleyes:

Stumblefist
10-13-2001, 09:35 AM
"it is impossible for you to make a correct judgement or assessment of my skills.
you have no idea how uptight I might be, or how relaxed I am. so, you can assume all you wish."

..yeah, sure. now you are a psychic and a mind reader.
thats why I get the honors I do. thats why I get magazine covers. thats why I go overseas 2x a year. etc etc etc."
-----------------------------------------
Yeah. "etc. etc.etc."
Au contraire, Qi-fellow.Your posts tell me a great deal about your personality. The way you feel, how good you feel about yourself and others, your being, will certainly affect your basic movement and energy flow. Knowledge is demonstarted in the body and mind not in books, references and "etc. etc."
"Gruff" huh... Is that something you teach at seminars? Would you like to print this thread off and distribute it at your school and seminars to give your clients some deeper insight. I think so NOT.
If you learned some technical knowlege you need to advance yourself first, before you can put it to some use.
You respond obsessively to every detail. Do you dust the fruit at the bottom of the bowl? Why does the word "Anal" spring to my mind? Are all those monsters coming up at you from all sides?

"This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free

qimaster
10-13-2001, 10:24 AM
you have no idea about me, other than what you can conjecture and assume from the posts I make here. heck you dont even have the stones to post with a real name. your assessment is as false as
your screen name. gruff, yep, I am. at my seminars no. I am the epitomy of sincerity, kindness and understanding. thats the way I am in real life, when I am with real people, not with screen names like jasbourne and stumblefist and taoboxer and grapplinginanity. those are not real names, and to me, not even real people. real people do not act ln real life like they do on this website.

when you post with an alias, your true inner selves show. so what I see are a bunch of children who clique together and anyone not part of their clique, they try to hammer and insult. if they were to yap at people in real life the way they do on this board, many of them would have a surprise in store for them.

so, i find that many people here are obsessive and compulsive, and also a bit paranoid and deluded.

many of them are control freaks and rageaholics.
me, I admit to having been an alcoholic and drug addict. my students know it, my seminar hosts know it, and they do not care. they see the person I am now, not the person I was then.

nah, this board is full of forensic psychos.
maybe you should get out of high school and become a shrink. you could make this board the subject of your thesis.

and as for the word "anal" springing to your mind, perhaps its because you are an a$$. maybe I am being more oral expressive than anal retentive. maybe you should take some dulcolax, and it may free your mind up for more salient thought, rather than being full of like it is right now.

later for you Mr. "stumblefist"

(now you will attempt to reply with some sort of witty and biting counter response - self fulfilling prophecy)

Stumblefist
10-13-2001, 10:52 AM
"you have no idea about me, other than what you can conjecture and assume from the posts I make here. ... your assessment is as false as
your screen name."

Hmm...then what the heck are you doing writing all these posts if you believe no one can have any idea about you??
"gruff, yep, I am. at my seminars no. I am the epitomy of sincerity, kindness and understanding. thats the way I am in real life, when I am with real people, not with screen names like jasbourne and stumblefist and taoboxer and grapplinginanity."

Did anyone just have the urge to vomit? I know i did.
Oh, I see, we are not seeing the REAL you, and the REAL you is so wonderful!!! And this False you is the fault of UNREAL people.
-----------------------
"those are not real names, and to me, not even real people. real people do not act ln real life like they do on this website."

hmmm.. i would say somehow in "real life" you are not listening and communicating with people. How do you arranage that?
----------------------------------------------
"when you post with an alias, your true inner selves show. so what I see are a bunch of children who clique together and anyone not part of their clique, they try to hammer and insult. if they were to yap at people in real life the way they do on this board, many of them would have a surprise in store for them."

Actually threats do not deter me in "real life" as well. Is that what you do to prevent feedback? Bully people? or stay behind closed doors?
"many of them are control freaks and rageaholics.
me, I admit to having been an alcoholic and drug addict. my students know it, my seminar hosts know it, and they do not care. they see the person I am now, not the person I was then."

And which person am i taking to now Mr. Mooney?
Do you give them names? Is this person number 3 here in cyberspace or number 24?
why do you spend so much time talking to and insulting "unreal peope" in an "unreal world".
It seems you take something here as quite real.

-----------------------------------------------
"later for you Mr. "stumblefist""

Thank-you. I should look forward to hearing you honk like a goose or bark like a dog, whichever it is that you wish to do that you do best.
"(now you will attempt to reply with some sort of witty and biting counter response - self fulfilling prophecy)"

rather lame prophecy... I hope i was witty enough for you. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When you see the "epitomy of kindness" in "real life" say hello to him for me.

"This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free

qimaster
10-13-2001, 12:37 PM
TA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

twit

Stumblefist
10-13-2001, 12:48 PM
Like i say it was a rather lame prophecy.
Now i see what you're getting out of this. It's kinda a release from having to play the (phony) role of "the epitiome of human kindness".
Isn't it?
Well at least we are providing a service for you.
Ta DAAAAAA ...twit-twit .. is that another bird imitation?
sounds like a bit like a loon.

"This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free

qimaster
10-13-2001, 01:32 PM
"sounds like a loon", you should not go on talking about yourself like that. such self denigrating and self deprecating behavior may be indicative of a passive agressive complex, manifested by an insatiable appetite for self pity
and unreasonable and critical judgements and prejudices of complete strangers.

you really should seek some professional help to help you weed out those horrible childhood memories, that so implanted themselves on your unstable id and fragile ego.

I recommend any professional who embodies the jungian paradigm, with just a hint of freudian
dichotomy.

perhaps with some intensive psychtropic intervention, you may even come out of the closet and tell the world your real name. alas for now, you are much to comfortable using your alter-ego persona "stumbled1ck".

poor little nameless dweebling. I bet you are quite comfy hiding behind a nickname. that way you can make any presumptive judgements you want to without any fear whatsoever.

and now you will reply with some other lame a$$ remarks, on par with the previous attempts at sniping at me. and another self fulfilling prohecy will be realized.

TA DAAAAAAAAAAAA (thats the microsoft sound)

toddbringewatt
10-13-2001, 02:21 PM
Qimaster,

I have no problem with you being honored by COMBAT magazine. WELL DONE!

As for the detractors, I don't think it's fair of them to goad you into making oppositional remarks and then criticize your tact or manner of defense in doing so. Playground behavior.

Ignore the nuerotic and psychotic rants and just continue to flourish and prosper. That's the best way to fight any kind of suppression (which is exactly what you're getting here).

Rock on, Qimaster! :)

"Bruce Leroy. That's who!"

chokeyouout2
10-13-2001, 02:29 PM
Carl Jung and Sigmeund Freud would dismiss you as a COMPLETE MORON for spewing your darth vader mumbo jumbo.Trying to sound smart only makes you look stupid.You crack me up.Rattling off some dead guys names instead of confessing your own self proclaimed bullsh1t.Absolutely rich.Maybe you should take your own advice; here is a good start, look into treatment for pathelogical lying.Or, asd I call it in the real world, diahrreah of the mouth.

qimaster
10-13-2001, 04:58 PM
:p you are just jealous. train hard and maybe one day you will have some skills to offer the world.

also, its spelled pathological. you should use your spell checker.

:P :P :P :p :p :P

as far as diarrhea, theres enough of that drooling from your mouth right now.

to Bruce Leroy

thanks for your kind words. at least you and many of the others who have made positive comments are able to derive joy from another's accomplishments. the others, who hide behind aliases, and have an axe to grind because someone achieved some great recognition from a group of his peers, are the ones who need some real help.

have a great weekend.

to the others who have a problem with me: tough .

see yaz!

Stumblefist
10-13-2001, 05:09 PM
Boy, Qimaster, what a load of offensive crud! I guess you are trying to earn your 4000 views, but you should think about for what you are becoming infamous.
Your technique is something like a schizoid, mix up all the similar concepts in your mind so that it all sounds meaningless. And then present that as a defense against any ideas which begin to bother you or make sense.
I guess you could call that the "monkey defense" as it's akin to a monkey chipping in random words on a wordprocessor.
So i guess you are presenting us with another animal imitation. :).
So far we've got: goose, dog, loon and monkey.

Well, i'm glad you're listening to me, but i don't think it's doing you much good. You certainly are wasting your energy, but i don't know what good could be made of you. I shudder to think what you are doing there in the "real world".

"This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free

rogue
10-13-2001, 07:17 PM
Qimaster, do you wear a mullet?

qimaster
10-13-2001, 07:57 PM
no.

chokeyouout2
10-13-2001, 09:13 PM
Ok, I believe you.Now go blow me a fireball.

tnwingtsun
10-14-2001, 11:13 AM
I belive he called you a REMF!!!

toddbringewatt
10-14-2001, 02:51 PM
Is that the rapid eye movement fist?

"Bruce Leroy. That's who!"

neptunesfall
10-21-2001, 04:55 PM
i can't believe i just read this entire thing.

TaoBoxer
10-21-2001, 11:49 PM
:(

neptunesfall
10-22-2001, 02:09 AM
yes :rolleyes:

joedoe
10-22-2001, 02:12 AM
I can't believe it is still going. Ooops, I helped keep it alive :D

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Mokujin
10-22-2001, 03:08 AM
It keeps going and going. I find qimaster's willingness to put down those who question his supernatural claims very alarming.

Somebody in the wing chun forum said it best:

"The empty kettle makes the loudest noise."

Peace