PDA

View Full Version : Guess what...another sex and Qigong question

Sleemie
06-21-2002, 07:25 AM
I don't know if anyone has asked or addressed the question of Qigong and sex in this particular way, but here it is. I read some of the stuff in the other post regarding the same subject, and my first thought is that if abstaining from sex and/or traditional orgasms is required to advance in Qigong, I can do without it. This is my question/thought. My purpose in performing Qigong is not overly ambitious, I don't want to develop an iron stomach or iron palm or anything that deep or involved. I simply want my internal energy to have a smooth, unimpeded flow, and I want the Qigong to help with the flow of energy to my organs in order that they get the proper energy needed for strong and healthy function in order to help with preventing disease and other ailments, etc. Also, I'd like to be able to guide some of the energy to my hands to the point of feeling the warmth and tingle in them. I am also practicing Kung Fu, but I don't care about being able to absorb punishment or do extensive damage with my punches because I don't plan on getting in to the sparring that heavily. Given that, I can't see where having orgasm/sex 2-3 times a week (maybe 4-5 on a good week) will completely negate the benefits of the Qigong exercises that I'll be performing. The act of focused deep breathing and concentration alone offers significant mental and physical benefits. To be honest, from what I picked up in the other post, I can see where one would get discouraged from practicing Qigong if they were at a point where they did not want to give up sex/orgasm to the extent mentioned, particularly if they have a wife/girlfriend. If I didn't have my strong belief within me that I can do both and realize significant benefits from it, I would be discouraged to practice it. I think it should be pointed out that you can still realize significant health benefits from Qigong and still maintain your normal/traditional sex life. Yeah, you may have difficulty acheiving your iron stomach or iron palm, etc., but it will still be worth it to perform Qigong for the many other physical and mental health benefits.

Well, that's my two cents.....

dezhen2001
06-21-2002, 07:39 AM
Why not ask your teacher about these things? As surely he/she will be able to explain things and give you feedback much more than reading in a book or online? :)

Why do you want to be able to feel the qi in your hand etc.? If you keep practising, as you become healthy that will happen anyway, no need for specific effort. The Qi will make you healthy and go where it has to go...

Qigong is meant to bea part of your life, but not take over (unless you're a monk or whatever). So it's ok to have sex and do whatever you want. First be healthy, then you have a choice...
just what i think :)

Repulsive Monkey, Prana and Nexus have far more experience on these matters however, so i'm sure thay can answer more fully :)

david

TzuChan
06-21-2002, 09:37 AM
Sex is the best thing in life ****ed, don't give that up :/

dfedorko@mindspring.com
06-21-2002, 11:41 AM
It's no big deal but if you want to go another level it is something that has to be achieved. I don't look at it as trying to have an iron body. I want my body to function, internally, without any illness, etc. Peace.