PDA

View Full Version : Giving up BJJ

Water Dragon
06-21-2002, 05:08 PM
For a while. I have too much on the plate right now and it's wearing me down too much. It was the BJJ or the Shuai Chiao. I'll be back though. I'm only 28 so I have decades of training ahead of me.

I did get enough in to escape from most ground positions though, and it was a helluva learning experience.

If you get the chance, learn the ground game. It's so different than stand up and so much fun.

SevenStar
06-21-2002, 05:22 PM
I guess all things must come to an end :( I'm there 4 times a week, so maybe I'll have some stuff we can trade when I get there. Since I'm new to it, you may already know the stuff that I know, but we'll find out.

Unstoppable
06-21-2002, 09:53 PM
i Agree trhat it is Good to learn . some ground fighting. some Arts may already have Grpundfighting in them but Others you need to Combine either way its a cool idea.:D :D :D :D

HuangKaiVun
06-22-2002, 04:48 AM
If you got what you wanted out of it, you aren't "quitting".

Maybe you're stopping your classes, but you'll continue to practice and upgrade your skills in BJJ. Whether or not you go back is irrelevant, as what you earned is YOURS and nobody can take that away from you.

You're a model student, Water Dragon.

LEGEND
06-22-2002, 07:48 AM
True...white to blue belt level is all you need for self defense! The rest of the level seems to deal with higher level BJJ fighters. I stop BJJ and training in wrestling 2x a week also.