PDA

View Full Version : Not hungry after working out in morning

BananaMan
06-22-2002, 06:09 AM
about 4-5 days a week, i wake up, go relieve myself. then start working out right a way. sometimes its boxing, sometimes its weights. always various, but usually 60-90 min. then when i'm done, i have about 30 min to eat and get ready. the problem is i'm never hungry. on mornings that i dont workout, i'm hungry just fine. is there a reason for this? i kinda have to force myself to eat sometimes. i know if i dont eat, i'll be very weak and hungry 2 hours later, but wont have time to eat. this happen to anyone else?

IronFist
06-22-2002, 12:12 PM
****, man, how can you work out on an empty stomach? I prefer to work out at night, so I have the energy of all the meals I've eaten throughout the day :) Or, if in the morning, I at least eat a light breakfast first.

Oh, if you're not hungry afterwards it's probably because you didn't eat anything before hand. Ever notice how if you don't eat breakfast or whatever you can go like the whole day without being hungry (if you don't work out)? But if you eat something for breakfast, then you do get hungry later on? It has to do with blood sugar and carbs and stuff.

The thing is, after a workout your body NEEDS nutrients, so eat!

Perhaps you may want to try eating a light breakfast of like cereal or something, wait 30 minutes, workout for a half hour less then you normally do (so 60 minutes I guess), and then eat. The carbs in the cereal might help you get hungry later.

I dunno.

IronFist

yu shan
06-22-2002, 05:09 PM
Major ditto!

BananaMan
06-23-2002, 07:24 AM
i workout first thing because i'm trying to lower my body fat. and when theres nothing in ur stomach, the body goes straight to fat cells for energy. which also give more energy/endurance than carbs can... i still eat after, just have to force myself to. I get plenty hungry an hour or 2 later, just cant eat then, so have to make myself eat right after