PDA

View Full Version : anyone knows how built a lion dance head ?

RAIN
06-22-2002, 12:29 PM
hello

i am fascinated with lion dance . i got a lot of videos and don't know how make a lion head by miself . i can't buy here in southamerica that stuff and is too much expensive for buy in usa . maybe there is some plans for construct in home .

triskellin
06-22-2002, 01:14 PM
it's really hard to build a lion head from scratch if you don't have the frame already made, but i have a sequence of pics that shows how it's sorta done. just pm me if you want them.
the frame is the hardest part to make, patching up a lion is alot easier than making the frame! it costs about $250US for all the materials (excluding the frame). it's preferable if you use rice paper, but that's so expensive no one does it anymore. linen cloth can be used, and you need a special type of glue to soak it in as well. and acrylic/enamel paint should be used too. before i go in depth on how to build a lion head, do you actually have a frame? i have no idea how to build a frame and have only patched up the heads, so my advice might'n be any use to you.

RAIN
06-25-2002, 10:36 AM
thank you for you help . i got a person who make masks for decoration , maybe he'll can built the frame .
i'll tell you -