PDA

View Full Version : South Mantis politics?

keith johnson
06-22-2002, 03:38 PM
Any idea who started this message board?-
http://www.creationcenter.com/boards/mantis/
I smell trouble.

Royal Dragon
06-22-2002, 04:59 PM
www.royaldragonusa.net

It has conversations at least

Hideous
06-22-2002, 07:39 PM
Keith Johnson - Any idea who started this message board?- I smell trouble.

Such an odd message. Why would anyone degrade another human being for not being able to afford an expensive hotel room? How does any of this constitute politics in SPM or did you merely transpose the heading from the bulletin board?

Cannibalism is unequivocally a valid dynamic for all societies. I am, Hideous.

jo
06-22-2002, 08:31 PM
Your ability to hide your identity is HIDEOUS!!!!

You were a student of GFM, and you wrote LKL
many letters and sent him many pictures and
in fact, you did go to see him in HK.

There is more, but thats enough for now.

jo
06-22-2002, 09:28 PM
Posts are ALREADY deleted from the new site??????

They were only up for less than 2 hours!

Hehehehe.....you ARE hideous!

And transparent.

Here's a clue....King's Pub

Hideous
06-23-2002, 06:45 AM
Jo - Your ability to hide your identity is HIDEOUS!!!!

I hide nothing and share only whatever I choose as is my right, would you not agree, my friend?

Jo - You were a student of GFM, …

The initials are not those of any of my teachers, my friend.

Jo- … and you wrote LKL many letters and sent him many pictures and in fact, you did go to see him in HK.

Nor are any of your other assertions even remotely accurate, my friend.

Jo - Hehehehe.....you ARE hideous!

I have stated that all along, my friend.

Jo - And transparent.

It is good to be seen so clearly.

Jo - Here's a clue....King's Pub.

A pub is a drinking establishment and I never imbibe alcohol, nor have I ever been inside a pub named King’s or otherwise. Here is a clue for you, my friend, you are clueless.

Royal Dragon
06-24-2002, 12:05 PM
Why is there so much hostiliy in South Mantis circles??

From what I gather, you guys are all good at what you do.

Maybe you all need to enjoy a good barbaque together?

Hideous
06-24-2002, 12:51 PM
Royal Dragon - I have a silly question - Why is there so much hostiliy in South Mantis circles??

Not silly, but rather peculiar, perhaps bordering on the hypocritical, my friend. By the way, how are Grandmasters David E. Kash and Rick L. Ward? You did have a Bar-B-Q with the both of them as honored guests, did you not, my friend from a peaceful Pai with no squabbles or hostilities?

Royal Dragon
06-24-2002, 02:56 PM
"Not silly, but rather peculiar, perhaps bordering on the hypocritical, my friend. By the way, how are Grandmasters David E. Kash and Rick L. Ward? You did have a Bar-B-Q with the both of them as honored guests, did you not, my friend from a peaceful Pai with no squabbles or hostilities?"

Sifu Livingston is fine. Last I heard he and Kash were on speaking terms, Each has gone their seperate ways. There appears to be no more hostilities (That I know of anyway)

Last time I spoke to some of Kash's students, we were talking about meeting up and going out, next time the Kou shou has a tournamnet here in Chicago (August I think).

I just don't like seeing wars and battles. I like BEING in them even less of course, but I would like to see every one getting along, that's all.

Take the various Tai Tzu lines, I would prefer to see everyone getting along, and being honerable in thier actions. It is better for the art as a whole that way.

We live in a day where secrets are no longer needed. We should all be trying to better one another, not trying to out scam, out talk, or out do each other, or trying to decieve the people around us. This causes untold strife, pain and heart ache between all involved, reguardless of Pai.

I can only controll myself, I cannot make others honerable, but it still pains me to see the results, even when not directed towards me. There is too much deception, lies and Backstabbing in the Martial arts world, across all arts. I just wish every one would be able to get along and co exist in peace. We would all grow stronger that way.

Gian Lencioni

Hideous
06-24-2002, 05:16 PM
Royal Dragon - Thank you for the expanded version of your first post. Much agreement with many of your points, my friend.

Given human nature, perhaps the proper framing of the question is not [Why so much strife in SPM?] but [How is there so little strife by way of comparison in other arts?]

Royal Dragon
06-24-2002, 06:56 PM
Good point.

I got on this from watching "Star Trek" (I know, I'm a wuss).

Last night they discovered that ALL of the charecters and various huminod aliens on the show were all descended from one original race. That being said, many of there differences were really petty.

It got me thinking of Martial politics and how much of the arguing and hostilites could have been, or could be avoided through simple common honor and good mannors and basic honesty.

We should NOT be fightig and back stabbing one another, our lives and the lives of our families DO NOT DEPEND on martial skill in modern times, and even when it did, many bloodlettings, slaughters and deaths could have been avoided if the simple and basidc principals of deacency and honesty had been followed.

In this day and age we should all be joined in a massive Brotherhood.

I posted a topic starter on my forum on this subject at http://www.anyboard.net/rec/royaldragon/posts/899.html

Anyone care to comment?

Gian Lencioni

TenTigers
06-24-2002, 08:02 PM
Okay, here's my two cents. There are many ways to promote yourself and your school when you 'come out'. There are the Adam Hsu's, Yang Jwing Mings, George Xus,Doc Fai-Wongs, who write very informative articles, and books, and just put information out there. They make no claims, and are humble. These men I have the deepest respect for.
Then there are the others: They state that only they have the real deal, and everyone else has a watered down version. Whether it is Traditional vs Modified , or High level vs "peasant art",or who's lineage is best, they seek to make themselves the Grand Pubah by bashing others. This, I feel is childish. They are still having ****ing matches, debating who is best, and challenges go on and on, sometimes leading to physical confrontations. Frankly, I really don't think ANYONE has ever gone to an Adam Hsu seminar and think, "I wonder if I could take him?" Who really cares? These men have so much to offer and are so selfless.

Royal Dragon
06-24-2002, 09:09 PM
Yes, I have to agree with you. Offering informative stuff is better than style bashing.

I think it is better to say you teach "Authentic Kung Fu" over saying you are "The ONLY Authentic Kung Fu and every one else is benethe you".

I got my start in a style bashing school, and now I try to avoid anything that resembles it.

Facts are one thing, like stating Tae Kwon Do is a "Spot" system because that is what it actually is, but to say you are FAR superior to them because you are Traditional and they are sport is wrong. It would be like saying Ballet is superior Ice skateing. It's an apples and oranges comparisen and quite irrelevant.

Hideous
06-25-2002, 07:49 AM
Royal Dragon - … our lives and the lives of our families DO NOT DEPEND on martial skill in modern times …

You might consider going onto the Internet web page for the FBI and reviewing the most recent statistics with regard to violent crimes inclusive of rape. I had this precise argument with a now dead Chu Gar Gao Master. Most of us do not have the luxury of living in our [own private Idaho]. Hand guns are very nice indeed, but do a person little good if they are unable to secure or deploy same due to being overly occupied with a physical attack. Hand guns are still very nice indeed, but of little value to the would be perpetrator who is unable to secure or deploy same due to experiencing a seriously compromising physical response to their intended harmful deed. May you live long and prosper, my friend.

Royal Dragon
06-25-2002, 09:14 AM
You may have a point there, and I have had my fair share of "tense" situations. BUT it hasd always been my mouth and quick thinking that got me out of it. The times violence were inplay, I was un trained. This included the time I was attacked 5 on 1. I walked away from that one with one runnning, one knocked out, one busted up so bad he was removed by ambulance and one in such desperate terror thinking I killed the one taken away by ambulance that he could not fight. I was drawn into that one because of the circle I was running in at the time (most are in some sort of "Motor cycle club" now)

So I do understand that vilolence is out there, BUT much of it can be avoided by who you surround yourself with, and "HOW" you carry yourself. Believe it or not, but these are more important than fighting skill as they prevent 90% of the encounters from the getgo (Unless your in Law enforcement)

The majority of people today never see more than an exchange of hostile words, or a shoving and poor slugging match The ones that DO see real violence are rarly preparred to begin with, and probually wouldn't be no matter what was avaliable to them.

A good example is my girlfriend. She grew up in Humble park, a violent area of Chicago. When we first started dateing, she slept with her loaded shotgun. She actually stabbed her last boyfreind over a domestic issue (He was drunk and beat her with a phone and was in the process of strangling her). She did'nt get into MA's until AFTER she really needed them. In fact most of the women I see in the arts don't get involved until AFTER they really needed them. Too little to late. Either that or they take those stupid "Women's self defence" courses or Tae bo and think they are safe and begin taking more risks and getting careless because they "think" they are prepared.

The martial arts today are practice, preserved and advanced by those who would have been warriors in different times anyways. We get as good at we do because we have a drive and a passion for our arts. Self protection is (at best) only a beginning motivation. The competitve drive to be better than those around us, and more importantly ourselves is a much higher factor INMO.

Who is the decesesd Master, and what are the details of his passing?

Hideous
06-25-2002, 10:39 AM
Royal Dragon - … BUT much of it can be avoided by who you surround yourself with, and "HOW" you carry yourself.

Interesting, and as evidence supporting your stated position I should refer to what, my friend?

RD - Believe it or not, but these are more important than fighting skill as they prevent 90% …

Wonderful news to be sure. The evidence supporting your contention is to be found where, my friend?

RD - The majority of people today never see more than an exchange of hostile words, …

The most recent statistics released by the FBI indicate the contrary, my friend. Please be so kind as to direct me to your source of position substantiating evidence.

RD - The ones that DO see real violence are rarly preparred to begin with, and probually wouldn't be no matter what was avaliable to them.

Again, the source of evidence in support of your position is what?

RD - A good example is my girlfriend…

Not necessarily a [good example] but a clear warning to you. Specifically, you should really strive to conduct yourself properly at all times lest you be replaced by a Remington :D

RD - The martial arts today are practice, preserved and advanced by those who would have been warriors in different times anyways...

I disagree on all points. A warrior is a warrior is a … Time and place are irrelevant. Societal contrivances do not change the last 100,000 years of our history. Then again, you do not practice a true Hakka hand, nor are you involved in a pure martial art [striking] as all such arts are firstly killing hands. Health, etiquette, and the preservation of cultural practices are secondary or tertiary concerns, at best. Would you not agree, my friend.

RD - Who is the decesesd Master, and what are the details of his passing?

I’m surprised and somewhat disappointed that you would ask such a thing, my friend. What virtue is there to be found in publicly recounting a personal disagreement with a man no longer living to defend his position?

rogue
06-25-2002, 03:03 PM
Hideous, care to give the link to the FBI stats that you keep quoting?

Royal Dragon
06-25-2002, 03:04 PM
As far as the evidance, I site personal observation and MY life experiance.

As for the question on your Late Master, I was not asking in a challenging way, just curious. If your not comfortable disscusing it on an open forum, that is understandable, and quite possibly insensitive on my part for asking in the wide open. I'm still curious though, as curiosity is my nature.

As for FBI statistics, do they take into account all of the unreported encounters that almost happened but were difused befor escalating to violence?

You said
"I disagree on all points. A warrior is a warrior is a … Time and place are irrelevant. Societal contrivances do not change the last 100,000 years of our history.

Reply]
I think that was my point, but even so, we are a much more civalised society than in the past. TRUE warriors generally find their ways to the military or some branch of Law Enforcement.

Then again, you do not practice a true Hakka hand, nor are you involved in a pure martial art [striking] as all such arts are firstly killing hands. Health, etiquette, and the preservation of cultural practices are secondary or tertiary concerns, at best. Would you not agree, my friend. "

Reply]
True, I donot practice a pure Hakka hand, but I do throw, Chi Na as well as Kick & Punch.

I am a MMA, Some Shaolin Kung Fu, Tai Tzu, originally Karate, Judo and bits an peices of other Chinese arts. My Shaolin system is what I know the best though. I am settling into a more solid system, and 5 years from now I will be very different than the scattered artist I am now.

Hideous
06-25-2002, 04:10 PM
Rogue - Hideous, care to give the link to the FBI stats that you keep quoting?

I care not to enable or facilitate laziness, my friend. Perform a search engine function. Once you have decided which of the over 50,000 for public information databases you want to explore you might consider not only the crime rates but also what is termed [clearance rate].

RD - As far as the evidance, I site personal observation and MY life experiance.

Ah, now the matter is clear, a matter of personal opinion. I stand corrected and can offer no valid counter position in return.

RD - As for the question on your Late Master, …

Not my [Master] and so the matter is all the more sensitive, would you not agree, my friend?

RD - As for FBI statistics, …

A frivilous position to posit and you are being less than honest. Even at that, such statistical models would be purely subjective in nature and dependent upon speculation of what the eventual outcome might have been. I have all ready conceded that your personal opinion is without counter, my friend.

RD - I think that was my point, but even so, we are a much more civalised society than in the past…

Ah yes, rape, murder, armed robbery, all the universally recognized hall marks of an increased level of civility.

RD - TRUE warriors generally find their ways to the military or some branch of Law Enforcement.

I disagree, my friend, but will take your stated position as a personal opinion not subject to my challenge.

RD - True, I donot practice a pure Hakka hand, but I do throw, Chi Na as well as Kick & Punch.

Irrelevant to my stated position, my friend.

RD - … and 5 years from now I will be very different than the scattered artist I am now.

Very ambitious of you and I wish you a safe and productive journey, my friend.

Royal Dragon
06-25-2002, 05:27 PM
"Very ambitious of you and I wish you a safe and productive journey, my friend. "

Reply]
Thank you, And I wish you the same.
;)