PDA

View Full Version : Left/right/left/right punches + left left right punch

TzuChan
06-23-2002, 04:04 AM
Hi,

experienced some new stuff, you know how people can do this type of boxing :

-Left hit, immediatelly right hit etc..

-> So they basically don't block but hit you all the time from every side, in WT/WC what do you suggest ? To keep your normal defence ? That would mean I don't have a clue how to block then. Or go and defend boxing style with your two hands in defence, up high to your face ?

-Left left (little slaps, to distract you) and then BAM, hard one from the right.

->This is very popular in kickboxing it seems lol, I kinda let him hgit me with the left ones, cause I didn't mind getting hit, cause we didn't allow hitting in the face, but those slaps WOULD hurt irl in the face. So What would you do ? Turn away ?

TzuChan
06-23-2002, 05:44 AM
I'm really wondering :-)

dbulmer
06-23-2002, 11:47 AM
Keep calm and move. Remember unless the opponent is actually hitting you he's getting tired expending energy with little payback.

As he tires his mental capacity to strike also wanes.

dbulmer
06-23-2002, 11:48 AM
Forgot to mention - protect your centreline and try a few chain punches to see how it reacts.

fa_jing
06-24-2002, 11:19 AM
How do you block the 1-2? You should be moving, first of all, and you have two hands, so what's difficult? Or you could do a pak, tan with the lead hand. If he keeps punching, well maybe you should consider that you must have offense to win. You can't just sit there block block block block. When he punches he creates an opening, you must counter-attack immediately.

Jab-Jab- cross - I used to have a problem with this. You CANNOT let him hit you freely with his jab, even if it doesn't sting too bad. His jab will blind you, and break your flow. Fortunately, WingChun and Wing Tsun have good counters to the jab. Focus on only one or 2 blocks per round, until you have them down. Like round 1, focus on tan and pak, round 2, focus on bon and fook, etc. Whatever works, but when you're starting out you need to simplify things to get them to work in sparring. Basically, when he jabs, it's an invitation to trap him and move in behind the receding jab. BUT, don't walk into his punch! You know his rear hand is there waiting for you, so you either have to
A. Maneuver to the outside
B. Hit him first
C. Block the punch - again, you know it's coming, so be ready to Tan Sao.

-FJ

red5angel
06-24-2002, 11:35 AM
Tzuchan - I say relax and work on sensitivity, dont be so concerned with technique. If you can teach your body to react apropriately without having to worry about what technique is apropriate at the time then you will react much faser!