PDA

View Full Version : God Chi Sau is excellent !

TzuChan
06-23-2002, 04:09 AM
Wooooooooow

Today I saw one of my teachers, doesn't have the title SIFU yet, but he is like an assistant, you know what I mean ..

So I asked him some stuff, nothing to do with MA, then I said to him 'Why do i never see you guys do Chi Sau ?' He said that they do it, but that I'm always late (true true haha) and that I would learn it when I finish SNT. So I asked him 'Is it effective in real combat ? Or does it just help your sensitivity ?'

-> Dude blew me away :)

So I played the mad attacker, not MA style, just plain 'gimme your wife or I'll rape you too' style ;)

I started with going in with a right punch, then just tried to hit him everywhere, didn't kick though. But he was like a wall, a wall that hit back :/ I couldn't hit him at all, and he only did WT for 4 years .. He then closed his eyes and totally ****ed me up :)

Seriously, I had never seen this in my life .. makes me like WT/WC even more ..

Is it effective in real life if you get trapped and he starts throwing punches at you from every where ? Cause I totally couldn't do nothing, he moved forward and did the chi sau, gave me elbows, and all the rest he had lol. All i could do was run run run :)

Please I would like to know if it is effective and usefull in real combat .

TjD
06-23-2002, 04:34 AM
however, the responses it ingrains in you, usually do :)

peace
travis

TzuChan
06-23-2002, 04:59 AM
Well darn lol, why do they practice it then ? :)

TjD
06-23-2002, 05:03 AM
the first sentance of my last post is why :)

peace
travis

TzuChan
06-23-2002, 05:43 AM
you mean it improves your reflexes ?

TjD
06-23-2002, 05:49 AM
chi sau is for the instant you make contact

if your chi sau is good, the next instant the fight should be over

there is no rolling of hands in a fight

peace
travis

TzuChan
06-23-2002, 05:51 AM
yes yes, of course, since I didn't know Chi Sau, we didn't do that, that's why I thought it looked so effective in combat, I really just attacked him in a non MA way, so no stance or something, just like 'hey mofo, here's a peace of me' and threw punches at him, he never let go of my arms, I had to put em behind my back if I wanted him to let go cause he simply moved in with me :)