PDA

View Full Version : Unity and harmony in the Wing Chun world

aelward
06-23-2002, 06:35 PM
Some people have suggested banning a certain member who tends to inscence people with his sifu-worship.

I have to strongly oppose such an action, since his posts seem to unify we members of the WC community like never before :P I have never seen so many people from so many different lineages (including this guys own) agree in their disagreement of his writings!

Grendel
06-23-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by aelward
Some people have suggested banning a certain member who tends to inscence people with his sifu-worship.

I have to strongly oppose such an action, since his posts seem to unify we members of the WC community like never before :P I have never seen so many people from so many different lineages (including this guys own) agree in their disagreement of his writings!

LOL! Good point. At least we all agree on this matter. Thanks for your open-mindedness.

I suspect the thrill will eventually rub off for him, and he'll learn that he doesn't have the great bead on the "truth" that he imagines he does.

Notwithstanding, we in Leung Sheung's lineage are all justly proud of Ken and Ben, just as others may rightly be proud of their own lingeage.

Cheers to all.

red5angel
06-24-2002, 06:46 AM
Aelwerd - if you have a personal attack you would like to make can you please pm me or email me? This doesnt need to be done in the wing chun forum.

Grendel - "I suspect the thrill will eventually rub off for him, and he'll learn that he doesn't have the great bead on the "truth" that he imagines he does. "

The thrill of learning wing chun will never wear off. The thrill of learning the right way will never wear off. The desire to make friends and play wore off a long time ago. I think it ironic that you as well as some others will propose peace among forum members, open mindedness while making comments like this.

aelward
06-24-2002, 09:36 AM
r5a: I don't have your e-mail, but feel free to write me at: aelward@hotmail.com. My previous post was in jest. Partially based on the fact that I have seen more unity on this site because of your posts than I have anywhere else in the WC world.

I do wonder if you notice how many people get aggravated by your sifu-worshiping posts? In fact, it is not really the sifu-worshipping as much as the way you write it (i.e., "the thrill of learning the right way"... is CD's way the ONLY right way?), as if what your sifu says is gospel; that you cannot believe other people do it in other ways; or when you use terms like "challenge". Anyway, many people have already written to you about this, so I won't go on.

Peace on a forum? I have never suggested such a thing. Peaceful interaction maybe (i.e., avoiding posts that encourage threats, or content similar to the VTTA forum), but certainly not everyone holding hands and singing cum ba ya together.

Open minded? Of course we need it. Remember, I said in my first post that I OPPOSE banning you. Actually, your ideas make me think, and the way you write them pushes me to respond; heck, I was inactive for a few months before I felt like I just HAD to respond to your posts.