PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree with this sort of training?

lungshihpo
06-23-2002, 08:34 PM
This site is of me and some friends getting together to practice technique against a person trying to win,know one here is out to hurt anyone,but to learn there are street fighters that come only cause they like too fight,but thats fine in my opinion because you wont be confronted on the street by skilled martial artist,but there is plenty of clips and pics to view.we have taped for over 2 years thought we would put them on the net.thanks

Jason
http://www.jasonsbackyardmixedmartialarts.com/

dragontounge2
06-24-2002, 06:20 AM
You ARE a disgrace to martial arts. And hopefully one day you will fight an actual martial artist and get your stupid A$$ beat. How the hell can you call that martial arts? What styles do you practice? All the pics and videos are just people fu(king around.

lungshihpo
06-24-2002, 10:55 AM
For you to call us a disgrace makes you an ideal martial artist right just because "you" dont agree with what you saw?

go figure,all you saw was clips and pics,what surperb way do "you" train,since I guess your the i deal martial artist:rolleyes:

IronFist
06-24-2002, 11:05 AM
Hey badass, if you ask for someone's opinion don't get ****ed if they give it to you.

IronFist

lungshihpo
06-24-2002, 11:12 AM
know one said anyone was a badass you just did.an opinion isn't this;
"And hopefully one day you will fight an actual martial artist and get your stupid A$$ beat."

and still did n't refer back to him in the same way he did to me an opinion is an opinion,to me that is not an opinion sounds to me like he's the badass!

Shaolin
06-24-2002, 11:21 AM
The concept of sparring other people with different skills to test your own is a good idea, how else will you discover that what you know will be a success or failure. As for the actual video clips and still photos, the people on film fight like mindless barbarians, but it was fun to watch. Keep trying.:D

lungshihpo
06-24-2002, 11:26 AM
thank you,like i said most of the guys who fight here are street fighters there are only 2or 3 of us trained here,so yeah alot of the them are not good at all or in training,I've never met anyone who started out good!

Rolling Elbow
06-24-2002, 12:46 PM
To a certain degree i would agree yes....But there are some factors that to me, make this rather dodgy.

1. Are any legitimate training methods practiced to build one up to full contact?

2. FAce masks and gloves and no "knee trapping" means you've taken away the right to clinch everything and to hit with everything (limb destruction).

3. the project looks like an excuse for Jason to pound the **** out of people who have virtually no training. Rule number 1 says you must fight the guy you bring..... this is an old Japanese Dojo trick for challengers. Fight my student so i can see how you fight.....then we go at it toe to toe. I suppose they learn to be good brawlers though.

dragontounge2
06-24-2002, 01:04 PM
Yes, I train in wing chun. Im sorry for the way I came off but you are still a disgrace the title of the site is mixed MARTIAL ARTS. I personally dont think any of you are trained judgeing by pics and movies, If thats not what you want to be judged by then why are they up there?:rolleyes: A shout out to red5angel to judge your form.;)

Rolling Elbow
06-24-2002, 01:09 PM
In my defense.., i have not been able to view the movies so am unable to pass judegment on Jason's abilities. I am merely guessing that is the case cause eh seems to be feeding it to the majority of people in the pics!

Liokault
06-24-2002, 01:23 PM
OH come on guys...its funny.

You Americans never stop making me giggle.

I would be worried if any of the guys on that web site really considerd them selfs martial artists

lungshihpo
06-24-2002, 02:40 PM
1. Are any legitimate training methods practiced to build one up to full contact?

there are classes,on mondays,thursdays,and saturdays,for the ones who are training to be better,me and ninjutsu have classes on wednesday and fridays,get together and practice on sundays the things we learn and go over during the week on opponents who are not letting us do anything.

2. FAce masks and gloves and no "knee trapping" means you've taken away the right to clinch everything and to hit with everything (limb destruction).

yeah that is the point know one here is out to injure any one most of the clips are what i thought were ok,and the people that participate wanted there clips on there as well despite what people think

you are still a disgrace the title of the site is mixed MARTIAL ARTS. I personally dont think any of you are trained judgeing by pics and movies,

:D lol,I like that! what makes you think me personally has no skill,just wondering what makes you say that,what technique?was the clip you saw even me? based on what you saw,what makes me a "disgrace".And this is open to anyone who wants to participate,whatever style you use,feel free to share your skill,

I would be worried if any of the guys on that web site really considerd them selfs martial artists,

:) what do you consider a "real" martial artist?

martial arts is a person's interpretation of a martial science!

gazza99
06-24-2002, 04:57 PM
Cool site Jason! It looks as though youve put some work into it!
Admit it guys we all like to see a good beating, even if we do not agree with it.
I cant say I saw good MA at work, or good martial ethics, but hey its not my problem, or my place to judge. I think the fighters need a bit more training before such tests, as it may just train in bad habits, for example I believe "Arron" had like 10 different Ma styles listed, but only 1 year of exp.? Also Jason you list "jiu jutsu, shaolin kung fu, ninjutsu, dim mak, and chin na" That is just like saying generic everything? what type of jj, kung fu, and dim-mak? LOL at "agressive freestyle"!!!
Regards,
Gary R.

Lisa
06-24-2002, 06:38 PM
To answer your question, no, I don't agree with this type of "training." For the most part it just looks like a bunch of crappy schoolyard fights. There didn't seem to be much skill involved.

But if you think you're benefitting from it, good for you.

Mr Punch
06-25-2002, 12:04 AM
Man, I feel we are visited by a dignitary! Jason, do you even realise there was a whole thread on you on the Reality Forum? You're a celebrity! Kudos for coming on and putting yourself up for some flak! Thanks for posting, and thanks for the site! It's hilarious!:D :D :D

As for the training/quality, there's a reason people go to martial arts dojo and kwoon: it's been done before!

Why are you training? If you are training to become better, go to a dojo, do some hard work and be safe; they will have techniques and practice methods that are safe and well-researched over (in some cases) centuries! If you're practising cos it's fun: go ahead, but don't reinvent the wheel! It's quicker and safer and more efficient to practice in a school. Then, by all means test it out.

Until then, please keep putting up the vids so we can have a laugh!

Oh, and by the way: you said something about most of you being 'streetfighters'. Don't talk ****. You mean 'untrained'. If you mean streetfighters, you mean bullies, psychos or crims, or the few of us who have been lucky enough to come out of real-life attack situations without (fortunately) any lasting injury. And I still wouldn't call myself a streetfighter.

Check this out, before you come on again:

smell the coffee (http://www.nononsenseselfdefence.com)

dragontounge2
06-25-2002, 05:15 AM
The way I could tell which ones were you was I just went to the movies that say jason vs. ect.

guohuen
06-25-2002, 07:37 AM
Jason, I don't want to come across as unpleasant, but I have to agree with Mat and Dragontounge2. Honestly, I have seen people with absolutely no training with better fighting skills.

lungshihpo
06-25-2002, 10:28 AM
i cant argue with that, all that im saying is that the ones who are trained put their time in like anyone else,remember there is only 2 or 3.

guohuen
06-25-2002, 10:52 AM
Point taken. Please be carefull you don't get hurt or injure someone else.

popsider
06-25-2002, 03:58 PM
I see nothing wrong with the concept of testing your skills against people of a similar level so long as you are developing your skills with proper instruction elsewhere.

pvwingchun
06-25-2002, 04:42 PM
This isn't training or even sparring. From the stats???? this to me looks like a few guys beating the tar out of all the others. Why do you keep stats on how many fights you have won in training??????:( Training is all about learning to improve yourself not to keep a record of how many your martial bothers you have beat.

I am with Dragontounge2.

Why do you feel the need to show the vids of people being hurt?????????????:mad:

The site looks like nothing but a bunch of street bullies trying to masquerade as Martial Artists. It is my opinion that true martial artists would not portray themselves in such a manner they have too much pride in their art.

Tainan Mantis
06-26-2002, 08:20 AM
Interesting to see what you people do.
It would be nice if every school could put up some clips of their students fighting.
This way we could make a better comparison.

Cipher
06-26-2002, 02:13 PM
Those are funny videos. Not in a bad way. It's still better to watch than Steves Back Yard Boxing (http://www.stevesbackyardboxing.org) This is a local deal going on near where I live. I have never gone to see it in person but just saw the URL on someones car:D