PDA

View Full Version : question re Ho Kam Ming lineage

anerlich
06-23-2002, 09:25 PM
A thread on the main KFO forum leads me to ask whether Ho Kam Ming Sifu has a "possibly most famous student" named Richard Lee, and whether the latter may have a student calling himself "Sifu Sir Thomas St Christopher Nelson".

The guy behind this site

http://www.geocities.com/namatkungfu

claims lineage from him.

Check out this site, especially what's on the videos he offers for sale. It's obviously made up, but there's some really funny stuff in there. Among other things, he claimed to have invented the BJJ guard, but that Carlos Gracie Sr stole it from him.

One of the funnies sites I've seen in ages, right up there with the Zen Chi Fa site.

yuanfen
06-23-2002, 10:01 PM
In Bovey, Minnesota??? Bovine more likely. They should take lessons from red5 angel in Twin Cities Minnesota!.
Ho Kam Ming wouldnt endorse(IMHO) that kind of junk.He is not likely to be even aware of it. He doesnt get involved in wing chun politics. No one speaks for him. He didnt even submit his picture
for the genealogy book. Someone pasted a copy of an old picture
for that very uneven set of listings. He is semi retired- just works with a few select students. He is the genuine thing as far as really learning from Yip man.
Augustine Fong was an early student of his---over 8 years in Mcao-Hong Kong- and has retained contact with him since then.
Buddy Wu in Cleveland learned later and teaches in Cleveland.
He has some other students scattered here and there in Nprth America and HK/Macao.
Again- the Bovey Minnesota stuff is ****(bound to be censored?)-
unholy cow dung.:(

Slo Mo
06-24-2002, 09:07 PM
Check out this guys endorsements

>>> From http://www.geocities.com/namatkungfu/frames.htm:
NAMAT was created by Sifu Thom Nelson after years of attempts to perfect the ultimate fighting temple.

Born in North Dakota in 1970, Sifu Thom is our grand master and the soure for all our teachings.

Bruce Lee has said that NAMAT is "the greatest Martial Arts Temple in the world, with the best teachings and secrets."<<<

Bruce Lee must have been might impressed by a 3 year old! This sight has definitely got to be a joke.
:p

yuanfen
06-24-2002, 09:12 PM
more ho ho ho
but no ho kam ming in there!

yuanfen
06-24-2002, 09:18 PM
more ho ho ho

Grendel
06-25-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by yuanfen
more ho ho ho

Yuanfen,

You can say that again. :)

Regards,

red5angel
06-25-2002, 02:09 PM
Dont worry Yuanfen, I have emailed them with an invitation to the seminar coming up. No response yet but I figure if I am up in that area at some point I may stop by to see if there really is a person who believes that stuff.

yuanfen
06-26-2002, 09:03 AM
red5angel
Jedi Knight

Dont worry Yuanfen, I have emailed them with an invitation to the seminar coming up.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Who me worry? With such friendship how can I have enemies?
Too bad the Bovines are not on this list- given their versatility
they could easily generate 1472 posts!