PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Kung Fu in Denver Colorado

invinsablefists
06-23-2002, 10:50 PM
I just moved to downtown denver and was wondering if there are any real kung fu schools in the area. I found one but I think its shaolindo which I have no interest in. I have some training in tiger,northern shaolin,and choy lay fut so Im looking for something along those lines or even a good tai chi school if they teach both martial and health.

norther practitioner
06-24-2002, 09:30 AM
Welcome to Denver, there are a few schools to choose from, but not that many. Most of the "kung fu" schools in Denver are more of a kempo/kung fu curriculum. The one Shaolin do school you speak of is on 38th if I am thinking of the same place (you prob. don't want to go there for real shaolin). The place I study at (well I haven't been there for over a month b/c of my knee) is on Broadway and Bates (2800 block S. Broadway (2 blocks south of Yale). If you are in downtown, you can take broadway, or speer to broadway, or whatever down, we share a parking lot with a check cashing place that is on the corner. Kung fu classes are on Monday, Wednesday, and Sat. at 7 or 7:30 depending on the day during the week and 11 on Sat. If you have any questions email me or pm me.

invinsablefists
06-24-2002, 01:45 PM
thanks northern do you got a phone# on your school,also what is their style and curriculum.

norther practitioner
06-24-2002, 02:47 PM
303-761-0337, its Northern Shaolin (long fist). Shirfu also teaches Yang style Tai chi (actually his #1 art). Christoph is the teachers name. I should be there tonight and Wed. to help with class.