PDA

View Full Version : Loving Wing Chun

Alpha Dog
06-24-2002, 01:08 PM
How much do you love Wing Chun?

this much?

thhiiiss much?

or TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS much?

Next question:

How much do you love your Sifu?

this much?

thhiiiss much?

planetwc
06-24-2002, 01:20 PM
Well first we should ask, to which music is this all done to?

"Loving You" by Minnie Ripperton?
"Hot for Teacher" by Van Halen?

"I Love Rock and Roll", Joan Jett and the Blackhearts?

Or in Alpha's Case...

"Atomic Dog" by George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic
"Who let the dogs out" by Baha Men
"Hound Dog" by Big Mama Thorton or Elvis Presley

Originally posted by Alpha Dog
How much do you love Wing Chun?

this much?

thhiiiss much?

Next question:

How much do you love your Sifu?

this much?

thhiiiss much?

planetwc
06-24-2002, 01:26 PM
To the tunes of Bananarama's "Venus"...

Abbott on a Mountain top,
Bil Jeeing like a darting flame,
Goddess of economy of motion

And Ng Moi was her name...
Yeah! She's got it, Praise spring time she's got it.

I'm you're Sijo, I'm your jong shi,
Chi Sao me sire!

kj
06-24-2002, 01:33 PM
:D Awe shoot, that song is stuck in my head now!

BeiKongHui
06-24-2002, 01:35 PM
I vote for
Wing Chun by the Lunachicks
Or Wing Chun Fist by some unknown (to me) Chinese rappers.

planetwc
06-24-2002, 01:46 PM
I could only find lyrics for songs like:

"The Day Squid's Gerbil died", Mr. Lady, etc.
gotta hit kaaza and morpheus I guess...

Originally posted by BeiKongHui
I vote for
Wing Chun by the Lunachicks
Or Wing Chun Fist by some unknown (to me) Chinese rappers.

Alpha Dog
06-24-2002, 02:33 PM
What Would Carl Dechiara Do?
Four Southpark Kids Singing...

Stan: What would Carl Dechiara
If was here right now?
He'd make a plan and he'd follow through
That's what Carl Dechiara'd do!
Kyle: When Carl Dechiara was in the Olympics
Skating for the gold
He did two Salchows and a triple Lutz while wearing a blindfold
Cartman: When Carl Dechiara was in the Alps
Fighting grizzly bears
He used his magical fire breath
And saved the maidens fair
Everyone: So what would Carl Dechiara do
If were here today?
I'm sure he'd kick an ass or two
That's what Carl Dechiara do!
Cartman: I want this V-chip out of me
It has stunted my vocabulary
Kyle: And I just want my mom
to stop fighting everyone
Stan: For Wendy I'll be an activist too
Cuz that's what Carl Dechiara 'd do!
Everyone: What would Carl Dechiara do?
He'd call all the kids in town
And tell them to unite for two
That's what Carl Dechiara do!
When Carl Dechiara traveled through time
To the year 3010
He fought the evil robot king
And saved the human race again
Cartman: And when Carl Dechiara built the pyramids
He beat up Kublar Kahn
Everyone: Cuz Carl Dechiara doesn't take **** from anybody
So let's get all the kids together
For we have to stop our moms
And we'll save Terrance & Phillip too
Cuz that's what Carl Dechiara 'd do
And we'll save Terrance & Phillip too
Cuz that's what Carl Dechiara'd dooooo
Cuz that's what Carl Dechiara'd do!

red5angel
06-24-2002, 02:39 PM
AD - Why dont you watch your mouth. you dont seem to have a sifu, dont seem to study martial arts and dont seem to have any respect. I offered to pay your fees for the seminar so you can come and check it out and you couldnt do anything but shoot off your mouth. Your one big tough funny guy when it comes to hiding on the internet but you stop by my place one of these days tough guy and we'll see.
While your at it shut your fukkin face about other sifu, Carls ability is way way beyond anything you could hope to posess. Up until nowe I have tried to be nice, for the sake of the environment and out of respect for the moderators but you have nothing to say, ever. You havent said anything to anyone concerning wing chun in weeks if not months which shows us where your training and skill level are.
I threw up a mental challenge a feww weeks ago but now I am sending you one personally, you find your way up here for the seminar and I can guarentee sometime for you and I to touch hands and see who has what.
Why dont you spend all that time writing lyrics training instead, you might find you can actually participate in a conversation about martial arts around here.

gnugear
06-24-2002, 02:45 PM
I agree that AD adds nothing of value to this forum.

Alpha Dog
06-24-2002, 02:55 PM
First, I wasn't insulting Carl, I was making a joke. I don't know Carl, just like the Southpark kids don't know Brian Boyatano. If you don't like the joke, well, you don't like it.

Second, I already told you I have better things to do than go to your seminar. Call me cowardly, whatever makes you happy, but I ain't flying anywhere for the "privilege" of touching hands with you Red. Sorry. If I ever do get the chance to meet you though, I will definitely take you up on your little "challenge."

Third, you get pretty touchy about anyone joking about CD while you are free to REALLY show disrespect to others' Sifus on this forum.

Fourth, I do have a Sifu.

Finally, Gnugear, who cares what you think. I don't see any value in your existence either.

red5angel
06-24-2002, 03:02 PM
Your string amused me (Like a couple of goldfish in a bowl) for a while but then you had to get names involved, which has been pointed out to me on several occasions on this forum, that that is a no no. You should know better then that. Its unacceptable, I talk about wingchun and like I have explained to a few people, or for those people who were quick enough and secure enough to figure it out for themselves, I am talking about wingchun in general, never about anothers sifu except one, but thanks for playing.

Second, cowardly or not you have shown little to no knowledge on this board as Gnugear has pointed out. While most people here are trying to discuss martial arts and wing chun in some way or another, your reportoire of jokes has run thin, you barely get responses anymore, that should be telling you something.
Third read above, and then pause and read it again.

Fourth, I dont believe you

Finally, Gnugear is a man of few words and has still managed to put more in this forum then you have in all the times your mouth has opened.

Fifth, one of these days when you feel like coming out from hiding behind your computer keyboard and steppinginto the world you let me know and give me directions.

Alpha Dog
06-24-2002, 03:07 PM
I will stop posting here, using this handle or any other, if you Red5Angel agree to do the same.

planetwc
06-24-2002, 05:42 PM
Gentlemen,

I'm feeling awash in the testosterone sloshing around this thread.
It's like a night at WWF Raw is WAR. All that is missing is mean Gene Okerlund doing color commentary.

You both need to look at this...

http://www.incrediblegifts.com/kunfuhamidan.html

Personally, I have one with the Back outfit sitting atop my monitor at work. Because as we all know, the white outfit would be for Karate.

And speaking of Fists of Fury or even Keystrokes of Karnage...
I watched Donnie Yen's remake of Fist of Fury the other night.
P. U. it really stunk up the place. I'm guessing it was a TV series.
Man, bad acting and bad Bruce Lee imitation all in one.

kungfu cowboy
06-24-2002, 05:51 PM
Awwww, whaddaliddybiddyweedywaddlewoo!

kj
06-24-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by planetwc

http://www.incrediblegifts.com/kunfuhamidan.html

LOL! A couple of folks from our group just gave me one of these last week. It's a hoot. You've gotta see the little hand movements live - too cute. Yes, it's dressed in black. :D

Sabu
06-24-2002, 06:16 PM
Ahhhhh.... how one's true nature eventually surfaces.

Obsessive/compulsive?

TjD
06-24-2002, 06:33 PM
something to think about:

its obvious you think extremely highly of your sifu; its also good to have an empty cup when he tries to teach you

your zeal helps this out quite a bit, and will help your wing chun indeed

however in this idolatry there is a flaw

my sifu has always said "why do you want to be like me? why do you want to be like sigung? you can be better than that"

in your thinking that your sifu is the best, your only limiting your wing chun growth - you can be better

peace
travis

yuanfen
06-24-2002, 06:50 PM

------------------------------

C'mon gnugear-be fair-this is not about lineage loyalty.
Calm down folks-its onlya list- still a better one than the VTAA or
rec.ma.
Long live the difference.

yuanfen
06-24-2002, 06:59 PM
gnugear

------------------------------

C'mon gnugear-be fair-this is not about lineage loyalty.
Calm down folks-its onlya list- still a better one than the VTAA or
rec.ma.
Long live the difference.

Alpha Dog
06-25-2002, 04:48 AM
Well my challenge went unheeded so I shall do as I please, I suppose.

I made this remark to RedAhole in a private message a few days ago after his kind invitation to fly me to "the seminar" but I have few qualms about repeating it here since he didn't get it and, moreover, because I think it applies to more than just his special self:

ANYONE can go to class with a notepad, rush home and write it all down online to show the world just how "much" he knows about Wing Chun -- and, it isn't plagarism if you continually, ad nauseum, acredit your instructor for making you so knowledgable. Of course, you may be giving away for free proprietary wisdom that has taken years of effort and consideration to develop with a couple of keystrokes but hey, what's more important?

Looking/sounding good and being good, however, aren't the same: a head full of words doesn't make one's hands skilled. Only time and patience will do that.

"Oh but I also train 6 hours a day and <blah blah> so you see? I am better than you!"

:rolleyes:

red5angel
06-25-2002, 06:08 AM
AD - I am not going to stop posting here. I am also not going to fight with you any longer. Yesterday you made comments and took it too far as far as I am concerned, I pm'ed you a freindly offer to come and see what it is I am talking about and was met with sarcasm, fowl language and disrespect. this upset me because as you said, anyone can get on here an type anything they have heard, or read , or taken notes on. Fortunately I have always been open with anyone on my background, and honest enough to invite people out to meet me and see what it is I am learning.
You and I had a disagreement almost right away when you got on this board, but it was worked out and we both apologized. Later I decided it was best to leave it alone. I do not take slights to my person lightly, much less the things I hold dear or am dedicated to. Humor is one thing but humor at someone elses expense is not funny to me.
I am going to apologize to you for loosing my temper. My invitation to you still stands, to come up and see what it is I am learning, in a freindly manner and no ill intentions. This is not the place to fight and not the place to slander or toss threats. I apologize for any of this. You and I may not agree on things but there is no reason why we cant reside in the same forum peacefully.

sunkuen
06-25-2002, 06:28 AM
go dog, go dog, go dog, go dog, go dog!!!

GOOD DOGGY!!!:cool:

byond
06-25-2002, 12:34 PM
" ive never seen a man eat so many chicken wings"

Alpha Dog
06-25-2002, 02:43 PM
I thought I showed great restraint, and sparkling wit as well I might add.

Just because others don't want to get into a "I know more than you, I am more dedicated than you, I am more insightful/blessed/privileged than you" debate with you doesn't make you spokesman by default for anything related to Wing Chun. Many others have tried to suggest this point as well, R5A: this is not a "me against you" sorta thing. You don't listen.

If Carl wants to talk Wing Chun, by all means show him how to register on this board and let him come out and chat for himself. I'd love to hear a peep outa the guy for once, instead of hearing it from all "the Krishnas at the airport."

red5angel
06-25-2002, 02:54 PM
We see what we want to see AD. I have always invited conversation, but am not interested in an all out verbal brawl, its not necessary. I have pointed out in the past, and will point out again, that if I post something not interesting to you why bother posting at all back? If I post something you dont like, why not clarify? I see a lot of assumption taking place on this board all the time, and instead of pursuing conversation it seems some people are more interested in pursuing arguments based on personal subjects and not on the technical. Regardless of the nature of the way I post and the nature of some of the replies I recieve, I have recieved quite a few good questions and debates. Its too bad that not everyone feels they can discuss something freely without resorting to taunting and name calling and man of the other things that we are supposed ot grow out of. I really dont care if you arent interested in what I am learning, or who I am learning from. Some people are and its nice to discuss with them.
As for humor I am sure some appreciated it. I didnt but my reaction was out of line and I dont have a problem apologizing. Regardless you can continue to make jabs and share your humor but I have washed my hands of arguing with you my friend. Again I apologize for any slight I may have caused, to anyone, and for my behaviour, it was uncalled for. I lost sight of the fact that my training is the most important thing and that the internet, albeit a place to share knowledge can get the best of us and draw out the worst behaviour.

Alpha Dog
06-25-2002, 03:56 PM
More words.... but still no hearing at your end.

I am done. Don't reply to me, either here or via private message. You are boring.

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
06-26-2002, 04:18 PM
For obvious resons, this thread is now closed.