PDA

View Full Version : Instructor in South Jersey

ma3j
06-24-2002, 01:16 PM
Does anyone know if Pete Pajil stills teaches
in the Southern New Jersey area? I did not receive a reply from the email address listed on his web page and the phone # listed page does not appear to be current.

If he isn't teaching in the area anymore does anyone have any recommendations for a wing chun instructor in the South Jersey or Philly area?

TIA

ma3j

fa_jing
06-24-2002, 01:23 PM
I know someone you SHOULDN'T go to - William Beck, he still owes me and alot of other people money.

-FJ

yuanfen
06-24-2002, 03:23 PM
You might want to check into a large new martial arts facilty that recently opened in Vineland New Jersey at 729 E Landis Ave,
2nd floor. The instructor is Pedro Woodruff. It is a multi art facility
modeled ina way after Dan Inosanto's Academy in California.
Master Woodruff is certified by top people in several arts and he is quite good at them-having devoted many years in each. He is certified in Jun Fan, JKD, Escrima, Machado bjj, shoot fighting,
submission wrestling etc.
He has entered and done quite well in various competitions.
Before he moved to the "golden"(gasp) state- he got his start in
wing chun with me in hot hot Tempe Arizona. As I understand it he keeps up with his chi sao. His training has not been that of
learning from someone flying in from time to time. He indeed has spent quality time receiving regular instruction in the arts that he teaches. The last url(could have changed0 info I had was
www.warriortribe.net
He has assisted at Inosanto's acdemy and has taught some in Puert Rico. He is multilingual.
He can get you considerably into wing chun-he is pretty good at it.
The arts are taught separately- so I dont think that it is a stew.
Check it out for yourself.

yuanfen
06-24-2002, 03:28 PM
OOps, I forgot -if you do check up on the Woodruff--- Warrior Tribe academy in Vineland, New Jersey- yuanfen= (sifu) Joy Chaudhuri.

Tom Kagan
06-25-2002, 08:10 AM
It's funny how things resonate sometimes. I just had dinner with Pete last night.

Pete Pajil is still teaching. After his wife passed away a few years ago, he scaled back his school to the point where he was better able to juggle the conflicting demands of his job, his family, and his students.

After more than two decades, Pete is to officially retire at the end of this week from his job as a corrections officer in a maximum security facility. He intends to use his newly found extra time to devote to his students.

Currently, the best way to find out more about Pete's plans would be to contact his student, Jay Hitchman.