PDA

View Full Version : quick question

sunsoar
06-24-2002, 01:25 PM
i just wondered how many of you suplement you ma training by going to a gym and working out on the runing machines etc.
was just curious as i dont get to training nearly as much as i would like to due to strange working hours so was considering joining a gym to fill in the gaps when i cant get to class

SevenStar
06-24-2002, 01:46 PM
that's a great idea. I'm in the gym 3 - 5 days a week in addition to class time, sometimes twice a day. I use the gym to lift weights and to do more martial arts related exercises, like hitting the bag, forms, grappling drills, breakfalls, etc. If you train hard outside of class, it will only help you in class, if you're training properly.

stuff
06-24-2002, 01:52 PM
I dont go to the gym anymore, but I do weightlift here at home 3-4 times a week. Every morning I do some workouts(cardio) then run 4 miles. Yesterday I made the mistake of running in 100 degree heat:rolleyes:

awakenwired
06-24-2002, 10:20 PM
The treadmill seems to be alot easier on my legs versus running on the street. plus the ones I'm on I can choose courses far more vigorous than the landscape that's around my home.