PDA

View Full Version : ATT: Black Taoist (and crew)

Water Dragon
06-24-2002, 02:08 PM
Hey!!! Will your school be making tapes of the Bagua Tourney this September? If so, will they be made available to the public? Thanks

blacktaoist
06-24-2002, 02:26 PM
We will be making copies of the event. As soon as the tapes are edit and finish I will hit you up on your email.

Peace

Water Dragon
06-24-2002, 02:27 PM
Thanks

jun_erh
06-24-2002, 02:36 PM
blacktaoist- can I order a copy of "Masters of wudang" from you?

blacktaoist
06-24-2002, 04:04 PM
I sell You that Tape for $50 The tape is about 6 hours long. And its in Chinese Mandarin No english. The tape is off the hook action.anyway You will care less about it being in englsh. Nonstop action of a Chen style tai Chi practitioner training hard to beat a Dragon Style Ba Gua Zhang practitioner.

Yo , These guys fight in the movie three times, and each time The Ba Gua Guy beats the Hell out of the Chen style practitioner. The whole movie is off the hook , because there are other internal style practitioners that are the bad guys in the movie fighting also.

jun_erh
06-25-2002, 02:41 PM
You'll probably be seeing $$ from me soon. Where did you get it? What's on the cover? cuz I live near Chinatown in Boston. How can it be six hours long??

blacktaoist
06-25-2002, 06:24 PM
Masters of Wu Dang is a movie series that I got from my Ba Gua teacher Su Si Xi when I was in Beijing China. Its a movie series that was played in bejing china years ago, thats why the move is so long. The tape I have have no cover, Just the name of the movie in Chinese Mandarin.

Peace

Stacey
06-26-2002, 11:22 AM
Hey BD,

Saw your site, I think its cool. Modern clothes, traditional ba gua. Keep up the fine work.

Spirit Writer
07-01-2002, 08:17 AM
What are the weight divisions for this tournament? How many oz. gloves?

Walter Joyce
07-01-2002, 08:20 AM
I am also interested in the Masters of Wudang tape if it would be possible to buy one from you.
Good training,
Walter

blacktaoist
07-01-2002, 10:17 AM
The use of 10 0z Kenpo Gloves will be employed to enable competitors to use palm strikes. Divisions will be -beginner LW-MW-HW Intermediate LW-MW-HW and Advanced Lw-MW-HW All bouts will be three two min rounds. Fighting time and the clock will stop as dictated by the Referee. The winner is declared by a majority vote by the referee and judges. Winner of the best 2 rounds wins the fight. Also Sifu Ben Hill now going to allow throwing techniques to be utilize. So if you are thinking about fighting make such you have a few good throwing techniques within your Ba Gua fighting strategy.

Peace

Stacey
happy you like my site, When I get some free time I'm going to put up some off the hook real time movie footage of some high level Ba Gua Zhang masters from Beijing China.

Water Dragon
07-01-2002, 07:52 PM
Have you contacted David Lin out of Atlanta Georgia? They heve devised some fairly good rules for Combat Shuai Chiao. Perhaps you could get a copy of the rules to compare to what you guys have set up already.

NeedsPractice
07-10-2002, 07:56 PM
When and where will this tounry be, i live in NYC and would like to see it.

count
07-11-2002, 02:25 PM
Here is a link for tournament info (http://www.blacktaoist.com/All%20Ba%20Gua%20Zhang%20tournament.html). If you look in the what's new section at BlackTaoist's website (http://blacktaoist.com) you can find out more.

NeedsPractice
07-11-2002, 04:12 PM
thanks count, i was going to that tournament anyway.so it will be even better.