PDA

View Full Version : IronFist!

Serpent
06-24-2002, 08:50 PM
Hey man

A while ago there was a post in here and in it someone asked you to propose a good all-round bodyweight training routine (using no equipment at all) and I was also into the idea.

But now I can't find that thread. Did you suggest a workout routine? If so, do you remember the thread? If not, could you give me a suggested workout in this thread? Having recently discovered hindu stuff and others, I'm keen to get a good workout program that I can try for a few months and see what happens. I'll post the results here if people are interested.

I'm looking for strength and power gains, size gain is kinda irrelevant.

Thanks in advance. (Once again, KFO's most exploited resource is called upon! :) )

Serpent
06-25-2002, 08:15 PM
ttt

Kempo Guy
06-25-2002, 10:07 PM
Try Scrapper's bodyweight routine. I've done a couple of cycles of it in the past and it kicks a$$.
Here's his website: http://www.trainforstrength.com/
click on 'workouts' and it'll give you a few different routines.

Good Luck!
KG

Serpent
06-25-2002, 10:57 PM
Hey thanks, those workouts look cool. Dunno about dragging bags around the park. I like the idea, but I might get arrested! ;)

IronFist, I'm still interested in your bodyweight routine. Also, what do you think of the site that KempoGuy posted?

IronFist
06-25-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
Hey man

A while ago there was a post in here and in it someone asked you to propose a good all-round bodyweight training routine (using no equipment at all) and I was also into the idea.

But now I can't find that thread. Did you suggest a workout routine? If so, do you remember the thread? If not, could you give me a suggested workout in this thread? Having recently discovered hindu stuff and others, I'm keen to get a good workout program that I can try for a few months and see what happens. I'll post the results here if people are interested.

I don't remember posting an all around bodyweight routine. I remember that I said I'd rather do only bodyweight exercises than only machine exercises though.

Anyway, if I were going to do only bodyweight stuff, it would definately include the following:

One armed pushups
Pullups
One legged squats
Hindu Squats
Janda situps
Probably bridging, too.

But I don't have a set bodyweight only routine cuz I've never only done bodyweight stuff.

Hmmm. Hope this helps.

IronFist

IronFist
06-25-2002, 11:21 PM
Serpent, Scrapper's stuff is cool, but it's not my thing. If I did that much cardio I would lose so much weight I would disappear. However, I've heard good things about them. They will get you in excellent shape. They're very demanding workouts.

IronFist

ewallace
06-26-2002, 11:04 AM
I think this might be the thread you were talking about:
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11115

Serpent
06-26-2002, 08:38 PM
Cool. Thanks everyone. I think I might try the workouts from trainforstrength, but customise them a bit to suit the time and space I have available. I really need a pull up bar at home...:(