PDA

View Full Version : UK Gathering

popsider
06-25-2002, 03:24 AM
Wasn't someone on this side going to organise a UK gathering/event a while back ? I believe somewhere around Luton way was mentioned. Is anything happening with this ?

Ish
06-25-2002, 04:10 AM
it just never got mentioned again but im still up for it depending on where and when it is!

stuartm
06-25-2002, 07:45 AM
Im still up for it too guys - youre all welcome at my club in Swansea!

Stuart

Nat from UK
06-26-2002, 12:45 AM
I could round up a few friends and drag them some where in the uk.

Beer, Food, Chi Sau - no problem convincing them

Nat from UK

Neo
06-26-2002, 09:42 AM
I hope you mean Sifu Emin's seminars which you have missed - twice! Once in February and the advertised one in May. He is planning to come over in September and may squeeze one in, in December. Keep your eyes peeled!

Nat from UK
06-27-2002, 01:00 AM
No we didn't mean Emin Boztepe's seminars

On a number of occassions a few of us have discussed the possibility of meeting up on a social level - similar to the ones held over in the good ole US of A. ;)

General Idea,

1 meet in someones club/hire a room, leave ego at door
2 No politics, No recruitment drives
3 Honest and open discussions - I know how I do it and why so I am interested in knowing how you do it and why ?
4 Put faces (and hands) to names
5 Chi Sau/forms
6 Food / Beer etc
7 Make some contacts/freinds etc

Then when everyone is drunk I will organise a 20 men battle royal which I will win due to drinking alcohol free beer, on the back of this I will establish a Wing Chun Empire to rival LT.:D :D

Nat from UK

Dave Farmer
06-27-2002, 12:11 PM
Hi All

Still Working on It (Snails pace!!), having trouble finalising my calender.having been so busy at work this year.

Sorry not to have done much, but hey, If anyone else can get it rolling, I'm happy just to turn up for the beer ;-)

Regards

Dave F

dezhen2001
06-28-2002, 05:09 AM
apart form the fact i don't like beer (don't drink alcohol - don't like the taste), then i would be up for meeting some fellow WC friends :) Again it depends on the day, time and location as i'm a student with no funds and no car :p

good luck with it guys! :)

david

Neo
06-28-2002, 07:15 AM
I stand corrected and apologise...I never did see the original posting about a gathering. It would be a good idea, imagine the room with all those egos telling not to do that way, do it this way ;o)

Many years ago I went to the Super Seminar that had James Sinclair, Kevin Brewerton, Bob Fermor, Master Sken, Terry Coughtrey, etc and it was done on the basis of everyone training for bit in the other person's style. Maybe people could try out a similar approach with everyone trying everyone else's WC/VT/WT for a part of the day. Then you at least appreciate what they do, and can take it or leave it. Just a thought...