PDA

View Full Version : bleeding = good health?

BananaMan
06-25-2002, 01:01 PM
i remember last time a i had a shot, was in the left bicep and i actually started bleeding from it. the nurse made a comment how that actually is a good sign of health. today i cut my finger and it bled a lot, but only for about 2 min. again someone made a comment how bleeding that much is a good health sign.
i know i dont have any diseases or blood defects, so is being a 'bleeder' a good health sign then?
i do have a family history of diabetes, though i dont have it.
I personally think its due to my strict diet. i cook 95% of what i eat and its all fresh things, no man-made stuff.

fa_jing
06-25-2002, 01:16 PM
Yeah, either that or your a hemophiliac. ;)

premier
06-25-2002, 02:10 PM
huh? bleeding is a sign of good health? well. this is the first time I hear about it. I can't figure how bleeding easily would be a good thing. It's a good sign if the bleeding stops fast, but bleeding easily can't be good.

BananaMan
06-25-2002, 02:12 PM
it stops within 2 min for me
and i know i'm not a hemogob blood type

fa_jing
06-25-2002, 02:18 PM
Not a Hemoglobin Blood Type? Are you not a **** Sapien?
Check your spelling. :)
Incidentally, for some surgeries, being a bleeder is not good, you're more likely to need a transfusion.
On the other hand, maybe it's just an indication that your blood count is high, which is a good thing. If you are interested, ask for the blood test that determines your Hemoglobin (red blood cell) count.

-FJ

BananaMan
06-25-2002, 03:19 PM
errr, i meant i'm not that blood type thats shaped like half moons and hardly ever clots. its a rare blood mutation or something

PLCrane
06-25-2002, 07:28 PM
I think it just means you have a hole in your arm. Generally, that's not a good thing. Steel is bad for the body. If you've ever played with weapons, you know this.

Former castleva
06-26-2002, 01:45 AM
Maybe you should ask the nurse or related what that one meant.
Itīs kind of a strange idea as a lot of bleeding will get one killed,in extreme cases.
But I believe some searches have given the idea that losing some blood at times,is good for you.
Like giving blood transfusion.

guohuen
06-26-2002, 07:17 AM
Could be nothing , have your blood pressure checked just in case.

Repulsive Monkey
06-26-2002, 09:28 AM
would say that if you bleed excessively it is quite likely that you have deficient Spleen Qi. In CM the Spleen's function is to keep the blood in the vessels and therefore any undue bleeding is usually a sign of a weak Spleen.

northstar
06-27-2002, 07:23 AM
How much did you bleed? The good health comment might have meant that she thinks that you have normal peripheral circulation. Bleeding a lot is not a sign of good health, but it is normal to bleed when getting a shot.
The blood mutation you're talking about is called sickle cell anemia. It's a mutation in the hemoglobin molecule which makes it unstable, so to speak, which can cause it to "sickle", that means that the blood cells collapse into a crescent shape. These sickled cells are fragile and break down and are destroyed in the spleen, causing anemia. People with sickle cell anemia also have problems with blod clots forming in small vessels.