PDA

View Full Version : Ninja III:The Domination

kungfu cowboy
06-26-2002, 09:39 PM
If you have not seen it, you need to see it. If you have, see it again. Ninja III:The Domination. Starring Sho Kusugi from the awe inspiring Enter the Ninja, and Ninja II, as well as Lucinda Di ckey, who played that chick in Breakin' and Breakin' 2:Electric Boogaloo, along with Turbo and Ozone. Preferably in an altered mental state.

Here is a sample dialogue:

Sho Kusugi:"Yes?"

Lucinda Di ckey: Is it true that only a ninja can destroy another ninja?"

Sho Kusugi: "Yes."

Its got Satanic possession, lame sword fighting, bad MA action, and lots of close-ups of tabi shoes.

Mr Punch
06-26-2002, 09:42 PM
Is that Linda '****ey', Linda '****ey' or Linda 'God****ey'?:D

edit: Oh, you edited, I feel silly now!

kungfu cowboy
06-26-2002, 09:47 PM
I think it's ****ey.:p

A special moment with Turbo and Ozone. (http://www.fast-rewind.com/break/bd2_10.jpg)

PHILBERT
06-26-2002, 10:32 PM
Doomed this thread is, move to Media and Martial Arts it shall...

IronFist
06-26-2002, 11:02 PM
That was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid and all into ninjas!

IronFist

kungfu cowboy
06-26-2002, 11:10 PM
Dude! I was soooooo into ninjas growing up! I was a newsletter-receiving member of Stephen K. Hayes Shadows of Iga Society, pranked Larry Malmstrom (a highly regarded designer of ninja accoutrements) had 8 ninja suits (including camo and winter-with matching tabi)

The Official aluminum bladed Sho Kusugi Ninja sword complete with breathing tube and hidden tanto.

Any kind of staff with hidden weighted chains or blades.

Climbing claws and foot spikes.

Fancy Ninja satin overalls.

We would go on ninja missions to golf courses and smoke under bridges! We were Ninjas! (Unfortunately ninjas with Duran Duran hair)

What really sucked though was that my glasses always fogged up. As a matter of fact, I was so into ninjas that a big reason I got contact lenses ws so I could wear the mask without glasses and finally look cool!

And best of all, I still have a lot of this stuff!:p

Suntzu
06-27-2002, 06:39 AM
D*mn KfC… u was a rich kid… I just had all that ish circled in my catalogs:( … did the climbing spikes ever work out:confused: :D

Nevermind
06-27-2002, 06:51 AM
I thought that movie sucked even for back then. But, I guess it would probably be fun to watch today in a "Plan 9 From Outer Space" sort of way. (ha ha!)

Mutant
06-27-2002, 07:03 AM
Undoubtably one of the greatest movies of all time.
I think 'The Domination' was the best of the Sho Kusugi ninja movies.

Hai_To
06-27-2002, 07:11 AM
Pray for Death rocked too.

guohuen
06-27-2002, 07:19 AM
Great Yoda Philbert!

txwingchun
06-27-2002, 08:42 AM
I saw that movie when it first came out too! I only hade one ninja suit but I had a ninja sword plus real ninja training courtesy of steven hayes and ashida kim:D I don't have the suit but I still have the books.

GeneChing
06-27-2002, 10:07 AM
'fess up, there's a ninja suit in your closet. And if there isn't - http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/blacninunsiz.html .

And I was a big Lucinda ****ey fan. Whatever happened to her? The V8 scene was worth the price of admission. And not only did the possessed sword float around the room on obvious wires, it gave my girl Lucinda a total makeover when she held it. That's my kind of weapon!

From the domination:
white dude: "You're a ninja!"
Sho: "that doesn't matter now..."

Anybody remember Sho's ninjettes? Sho was rocking, that's for sure.

kungfu cowboy
06-27-2002, 10:18 AM
Suntzu-actually, this stuff was amassed over about 5 years, and paid for with a mafia-like managed paper route. And those climbing claws sucked.

HuangKaiVun
06-27-2002, 06:25 PM
The chick was HOT.

That's what I remember from the "Domination" movie.

As far as "best Kosugi film", I'd have to say without a doubt: Revenge of the Ninja!

kohai
06-30-2002, 05:17 PM
has anyone seen either "ninja terminator" or "ninja dragon", both starring richard harrison and the improbably named bruce stallion, only there both for sale for about a fiver and look strangely tempting.
oh, and ninja 3 rocks!

wufupaul
06-30-2002, 07:36 PM
I watch his movies occasionally, I have Pray For Death, Ninja III, and Revenge of the Ninja. I'm with Huang on this one; Revenge is my all time favorite one.

GeneChing
07-02-2002, 09:49 AM
That's what we need now - a good ninja movie. Crouching Tiger just didn't hack it with the psuedo-Chinese ninjas. Give us the real ninjas. Better yet, the ninjettes. I'm REALLY looking forward to Jennifer Garner as Electra in the Daredevil movie. Electra was the queen ninja - way up there with the ninja woman who fought Lone Wolf.

kf cb:The climbing claws weren't for climbing just like the brass knuckle paper weights weren't for holding down paper. They can give you such a slap! ;)

And I still say domination dominates - Lucinda was a big reason why. That and the ninja who drilled himself into the earth and caused an earthquake. :p

wufupaul
07-02-2002, 12:15 PM
I totally dug part three, the scenes already mentioned, the possesed Lucinda spinning on the chains, crushing a pool ball, the classic V8 on the chest, haha. But no mention of the wonderful Ashley Ferrare in Revenge? Ahh..many nights as a youth were spent dreaming about playing ninja with her, ;)

planetwc
07-04-2002, 12:44 PM
But what ever happened to Boogaloo Shrimp?

Originally posted by kungfu cowboy
I think it's ****ey.:p

A special moment with Turbo and Ozone. (http://www.fast-rewind.com/break/bd2_10.jpg)

GeneChing
07-05-2002, 10:46 AM
boogaloo shrimp - there's major memory chunk dislodged at the mere mention - wow

GeneChing
12-30-2016, 02:59 PM
2 words: Lucinda Dickey.

2 more words: Sho Kosugi

And most important: zombie ninja swordfight finale.

This is one of those movies that is so horrible, it's awesome. It's Sho's masterpiece, imo. Incredibly dated with videogames and aerobics and the most gawdawful soundtrack ever. Horrible choreography - Sho is such an over actor when it comes to selling a strike. It's all about Lucinda. She's buff and even after all these years, she's still hot. And she tries, she really tries, to act her way throughout a ridiculously dumb plot.

This film needs to be remade.

Jimbo
12-30-2016, 07:45 PM
TBH, I never liked Sho Kosugi's movies. His MA are very good, but he seemed to have only one facial expression (a pained scowl), and he lacked charisma when he wasn't fighting.

Ninja III: The Domination was probably my favorite, BECAUSE of Lucinda Dickey.

GeneChing
06-26-2017, 02:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNOpuZBxDGk