PDA

View Full Version : OT: Interview Question

GGL
06-26-2002, 09:54 PM
I am currently looking for a new network admin job, I count my blessing, but I always get the question "Why do you want to leave your current job".. the real reason is my job doesn't acknowledge I have a college degree or computer certifications and won't pay me more money, but that is not what a perspective employeer wants to hear.. What are some good responses to this question?? Thank You for any input

Greg

PS: I know this is REALLY OFF topic so kinda bear with me!! ;)

SevenStar
06-26-2002, 10:27 PM
"I realize that there is no room for movement in my curent position. Because of this, I feel that I must move on"

SevenStar
06-26-2002, 10:31 PM
you could take the brutally honest approach

"the money sucks and so does the management. I''m overworked, underpaid and it's just time for me to go."

Serpent
06-26-2002, 11:04 PM
"I eviscerated my old boss with a spoon for not giving me the afternoon off to go to the match, so I don't really have a job right now."

Serpent
06-26-2002, 11:05 PM
Or how about:

"When the CEO found me boning his missus on the boardroom table he told me to look for another position without delay. When I rolled her over doggy style he went ballistic and sacked me..... Are you married?"

Serpent
06-26-2002, 11:12 PM
Or:

Employer: "So Mr GGL, why do you want to leave your current job?"

GGL: *opens eyes really wide, stars off into space* "Because it's all..... quiet.. there.. now..."

Then start picking at your teeth absently with your overlong pinky nail*.

*You'll have to grow your pinky nail first for this one, of course.

Serpent
06-26-2002, 11:13 PM
I'm not really helping, am I......

Serpent
06-26-2002, 11:15 PM
More seriously, a good one is always:

"Well, for a long time the job was very challenging, but the position has become somewhat stagnant and I don't feel challenged any longer. I think I've achieved all I can in my current job and feel it's time to move on."

But that's just boring as bat****.

SevenStar
06-26-2002, 11:17 PM
messing around with the CEO's wife WILL get you fired - even if you didn't know she was his wife....trust me.....

SevenStar
06-26-2002, 11:18 PM
test: bat****

why is it that you and MP don't get censored, but I do??!??! are you using ALT characters that look like the letter?

Serpent
06-26-2002, 11:24 PM
I'm sorry, that's secret knowledge only ever passed down from sifu to his most trusted disciples.

It's called the Secret View Source Technique....

Ah, I've already said too much! ;)

wushu chik
06-26-2002, 11:25 PM
Go with SevenStar's first post! Sounds the best. That's what I would tell them if i were in your situation!! Best of luck, I hope you get the job!!

~Wen~

Serpent
06-27-2002, 05:18 PM
No more suggestions for this poor fellow? Don't leave him just with my stupid suggestions and Seven's really boring one! ;)

joedoe
06-27-2002, 08:18 PM
"I felt I had grown beyond that position and it was time for me to find one that would challenge me to fulfill my potential"

:)

Oh, BTW that is a load of bull****

Muahahaha. I now have the power!!!! :D

Xebsball
06-27-2002, 08:30 PM
hmm let me see...

bat****
****ing cool

GGL
06-27-2002, 08:56 PM
I think with this advice "I can take over the WORLD"

BTW thanks for everyones input.... I think I can just say... F#ck off i want more or I will kick u in the JUNK!!

:D :D

Thanks ALL

Greg

Kungfu boy
06-28-2002, 03:39 AM
I got fired for downloading the sound file from the internet of Meg Ryan doing the fake orgasm on "When Harry Met Sally " and assigned it to all the functions of the boss's computer and cranked up the volume.

The man simply had no sense of humor.....

dezhen2001
06-28-2002, 03:46 AM
WELL DONE! :D
sure it was worth it though :D

david