PDA

View Full Version : CS freaks????

Nichiren
06-27-2002, 02:30 AM
To a totally different subject. Does anyone play CS regularly? If so what is your favorite tactics?

/Cheers...

brassmonkey
06-27-2002, 03:49 AM
Yes this game is addictive for sure. Practice makes perfect. My strategy I've developed over the last few months that has dramatically jumped my skill level are these:

1. Don't focus your eye on any 1 point watch the whole screen like peripheal vision

2. Get a good headset and listen, with few people alive creep and crawl

3. Know the map, where your teammates paying attention to who's dying so ya know if your getting overrun

4. Like the manual says, know your gun and how it reacts

5. Practice makes perfect, I don't advise taking up this game it'll take up too much time from practice if your serious but i fyou just play after eating like I do its allowed

6. See the enemy shoot, if he's got you locked on and you don't on him move and readjust when you get him locked on again crouch and tap like hell, never go headon with an awp'er

7. Don't be predictable in your tactics, be on the move

8. If you see redrum#1 run like hell I'm getting to l33t level and I take no prisoners

NorthernMantis
06-27-2002, 08:26 AM
Learn some decent h2h skills. You'd be surprised how effective a a flash bang and close quarter combat with a knife is.

Nichiren
07-03-2002, 11:41 AM
I been playing for a month now and my girl friend is getting mad. It is really addictive and the satisfaction of getting 5 in frags in a row on the opposition is great. I totally agree with your tactics and have to add; stay calm and go for the head shot (know you weapon ;) ).

I'll be seeing you on the internet guys. Look out for -Frippe- or get flashed and knifed... :D

gazza99
07-03-2002, 02:47 PM
Another Internet addiction.......no way.....

joedoe
07-03-2002, 04:16 PM
I sooooooo love CS but haven't been able to play for about a year now. Not enough time. :(

My advice - don't take it too seriously. Play and have fun, forget about frags. Pursue the most outrageous killing method, or the funniest way to die. I have a friend who only ever plays with a deagle and a knife. He gets his fair share and has a lot of fun as well :)

gazza99
07-03-2002, 04:19 PM
:D

Braden
07-03-2002, 04:23 PM
I played CS alot until I discovered Ghost Recon.

gazza99
07-03-2002, 04:29 PM
Freak;)

rogue
07-03-2002, 04:42 PM
What the heck is CS?

Braden, GR rocks. Play Desert Siege yet?

joedoe
07-03-2002, 04:51 PM
CS = Counter-Strike. It is a multiplayer HalfLife mod where a team of counter-terrorists are pitted against a team of terrorists in various scenarios (plant bombs, protect VIP, hostage situations etc). Awesome fun.

Braden
07-03-2002, 04:51 PM
Yup. The day it came out, some buds and me all got it and ran through all the missions for the first time multi-player. It was incredible fun. Great missions and incredible maps for multi (which is all I play), but I was kind of disappointed in the guns. SA80+hand grenades is still the choice of champions. ;)

Braden
07-03-2002, 04:56 PM
CS is counter-strike. It was alot of people's introduction to the genre of first-person shooters done reasonably. Ghost Recon is a further evolution of the genre though, IMHO. In terms of skill, counter-strike and team fortress are half-way between Quake/Unreal/etc and Ghost Recon.

rogue
07-04-2002, 06:55 AM
Ah, thouht so. While mucho fun the run and gun of Quake was never my preference. So far multi-player GR is more my style. I love to snipe!:D Whitefeather was the man!

SevenStar
07-04-2002, 09:29 AM
Anyone play Tribes?

ReverendTim
07-05-2002, 06:23 AM
I've been playing GR a lot on ubi.com lately, with a few mods and stuff. That game NEVER gets old.

--
Rev. Tim

Braden
07-05-2002, 06:23 AM
Don't let this thread disappear!

Let's get a KFO Ghost Recon game going!

No threat indicator, no respawns, Team Vs Team action. You know you want it.

brassmonkey
07-07-2002, 03:19 AM
In terms of skill, counter-strike and team fortress are half-way between Quake/Unreal/etc and Ghost Recon."

I don't know how you can compare quake and counter strike, they are totally different apart from them being both first person shooters. Quake is alot of fun, I havnet played a run and gun with the firepower and speed of quake however there's something very satisfying in playing a game like cs that simulates real life combat alil more closely: the guns react the way they would in person(you hold the trigger on the ak and its gonna kick and pull up), the arc of the bullet, sound, everything is geared towards reality whereas quake there is no reality, your shooting with a plasma gun no arc you run and gun and have the same shooting ability as if your crouched down. You have got me interested in Ghost REcon though, I'll check it out soon.