PDA

View Full Version : How does Hakka Lee Gar compare to Southern Mantis

FIRE HAWK
06-27-2002, 05:16 AM
How does Hakka lee gar or Li Ga compare to Southern mantis styles they are both Hakka arts and Iron Ox southern mantis has a form from Hakka Lee Gar called Lee Gar Cross Pattern ?

MantisWill
06-27-2002, 01:50 PM
I have been told that "Hakka boxing" is an incomplete approximation of any of the well-defined lineages (Jook Lum, Chu Gar, Chow Gar).

BearBear
02-18-2003, 01:59 PM
there is a Lee Gar Gao Teacher in New Zealand called Phillip Lam, his nick name was ghost hands due to his speedy muilt;e strikes to vital points.

He is also called and better known as the "father" of new zealand Kickboxing and Muay Thai.

I think he onli teaches muay thai openly now as not many people were interested inthe traditional kung fu. but still teaches lee gar gao to some students.

perhaps u can find info on him on the net.. i know there is an article on him somewhere

pazmoot
02-18-2003, 02:46 PM
Hi Fire Hawk,

the Cross Pattern Lee Gar form in Iron Ox Hakka Praying Mantis is not a Lee Gar form. It used the foot work from Lee gar but the hand work from Dit Ngau. The form isn't found in Lee Gar.

Best Wishes
Giles

Diamond Talons
02-18-2003, 03:55 PM
FH Lee Gar doesn't compare to Hakka Tong Long it is Hakka Tong Long as are other lines & Pai & Lee Gar older hand than Lam Wing Fay hand if you want to see where this thing fits into time & even then the root hand of Lam Wing Fay & Lee Gar both older still as what you're calling the hand is what it became after a time & some say time in one of the Temples & others say not but it doesn't matter I think as if the hand is good then it is good. You'll get a lot of craps answers from Si Fut peoples on this maybe but they so outside they can't even name how many Temples the hand known as Hakka Tong Long was found as each of these Temples had something about them that marked the hand as being there very clear but these crazy cult peoples don't know it & I won't say it so they can learn to add to their incomplete craps & been there to see it myself so this is fact & not opinion. Pazmoot you post good stuffs on your hand & you show you know this stuffs good & speak the truth of this thing as your hand has it which is all that matters to people of a hand.