PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

Chum Kil
06-27-2002, 09:20 AM
I want to setup a Wing Chun Study Group here in Utah. Could you people give me some ideas how to get my name out to the public. Are there any websites I could post info on? Or could I post my name and phone number at any sites? I just want to continue my training with a few more people. I still have a open door to Sifu in CA and will take advantage of this in the near future. I tried other lineages, but did not care for them. Even tried to find other CMAs, but could not find anyone crediable enough. IMO MA, CMA in Utah suck.

red5angel
06-27-2002, 09:25 AM
Chum kil - you could always open a free website type place to get your word out there if you dont want to spend the money on a nice one. It would work well enough.

red5angel
06-27-2002, 09:41 AM
Check your PM Chum Kil

Chum Kil
06-27-2002, 12:52 PM
Red5angel

I just might try that. Thanks

C'mon people any other ideas.

Grendel
06-27-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Chum Kil
Red5angel

I just might try that. Thanks

C'mon people any other ideas.

Flyers work great. Put down what you're asking for and leave a few at colleges and public libraries.

Chum Kil
06-27-2002, 02:20 PM
Grendel

Great idea, did not think of those places.

kj
06-27-2002, 02:30 PM
You might consider posting flyers or cards at a local MA store if you have one. In lieu of that, try public bulletin boards at places like the YMCA.

You might also consider a periodic classified ad, especially if your area has any of those small weekly ones, with wide distribution and cheap advertising.

Those ideas, plus Grendel's, have worked well for us.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

Chum Kil
06-28-2002, 07:30 AM
kj,

MA stores, good one, I'll have to check to see if there are any around.

There are no YMCAs in Layton, but will try other cities near by.

Thanks

BeiKongHui
06-28-2002, 08:42 AM
Do you attend a church, synagogue, etc or a college? Those are all good places to get a study group started and possibly have some facilities at your disposal too.

Chum Kil
06-28-2002, 08:49 AM
No, thought about a church, but would feel funny training there. I already have a place to train, just need some more people.

Thanks,