PDA

View Full Version : Fu Hok Yao Gong Fut Pai

Andy
06-27-2002, 09:29 AM
Does anyone here have knowledge or information on a southern kung fu style known as Fu Hok Yao Gong Fut Pai (Tiger Crane Soft Hard Buddhist Sect)? It is distinct and should not be confused with Hung Ga. I study, practice and teach this rare art and am looking for others who do the same or are interested in it.

Chum Kil
06-27-2002, 01:17 PM
Where are you located?

Andy
06-28-2002, 05:33 AM
I'm in Atlanta. Do you have any knowledge of the Fu HOk Yao Gong Fut Pai (Tiger Crane Soft Hard Buddhist Sect) style??

Chum Kil
06-28-2002, 06:34 AM
Sorry but I don't.

reneritchie
06-28-2002, 09:24 AM
Hi Andy,

Does it look like any other Southern Fist (does it look like Hung Ga, Choy Lai Fut, Hakka, etc.)? What are the names of the principle fist sets?

Chinese systems can sometimes have multiple names, or splits, combinations, independant development in one village or another, etc. can make it difficult to tell by just a name alone.

Rgds,

RR

Andy
06-29-2002, 11:55 AM
Hi Rene !

Nice to hear from you. I certainly admire the research you've done. I hope that you'll check the response I made to Kung Lek in the main forum.

The Fu Hok Yao Gong has only one fist form which moves from simple to complex as the form progresses. It employs four weapons sets, the kwun (staff), the bian (hard whip), the gim (straight sword) and the double swords (yim yeung dao). It has no Dummy form but does use two metal bars 3/4" by 30" for training. It also trains with the iron staff.