PDA

View Full Version : 9 mental powers of Ninjutsu

dre_doggX
06-27-2002, 09:35 AM
9 mental powers of the Ninja
I bought Mind Control by Ashida Kim, it does really teach Mind Control but is an introductory to mental powers, one is mind reading.

This 9 powers have a hand postion, to activate qi channels, in his other book which is at his website they explan the positions more clearly.

ashidakim.com

from what I have read, Ninjutsu came not just from the kungfu fighting systems, but by chinese, philosophy, war strategy and martial arts(kungfu I guess).

BAI HE
06-27-2002, 09:57 AM
Dre, forget all that junk.
Here's the real deal -

www.countdante.com

guohuen
06-27-2002, 10:41 AM
I'm developing a headache from the smell of scat. Stop it please.:(

SevenStar
06-27-2002, 07:16 PM
the 9 hand signs are not solely claimed by kim - I've been hearing about them for years. Matter of fact, in the movie "pray for death" sho kosugi performs them while training. I dunno if there's any legitimacy at all to the signs, but a lot of styles have similar mystical teachings and beliefs. The old kalistas had medalions that, depending on the medallion, would give them a certain attribute to help them in battle. The chinese have all of the feats that have been accomplished with chi cultivation, etc... A while back, I found a site that had the 9 signs and explained them, I posted it here, but it got lost when the forum moved.

Shadow Dragon
06-27-2002, 07:24 PM
Actually the 9 handsigns are part of Kuji-kiri practice in the X-kans, and those are only the first 9 that are taught.

In Pray for Death Sho executed the 10th move that breaks the Mantra/sigil that was drawn by the 9 previous hand movements.
Without this the sequence is not complete.

As far as I know they are derived from (Zen??) Buddhist meditaton methods.

They are a method to channel energy in the Body.

First printed reference to it I saw was in Stephen K. Hayes Books.

Peace.

Piquan Li
06-27-2002, 07:32 PM
The best way I think is to find a teacher who also practices the religious side of the arts. I undertook training from a teacher who practiced Bhuddism and I learned certain things not to be found at Amazon.com.

Books and movies will only give a watered down and/or over dramatized view.

I say find and learn from somebody who knows.

Internal Boxer
06-28-2002, 05:35 AM
Regarding Count Dante, that is one hilarious site well apart from Kim and his astral spies.

But they are all over the place there was one guy who was convinced he could puch holes in clouds using his chi, he said it was simply moving water molecules about, Scary stuff!!!!

:D

BAI HE
06-28-2002, 05:39 AM
This guy is the TRUTH.

www.templekungfu.com

Internal Boxer
06-28-2002, 05:56 AM
Superb. Have you read any of David Icke's material about a lizard race that has taken over the world.

www.davi****e.com A lot of comedy mileage in this one, he seems to think he is Laurence Fishburn in the Matrix

Internal Boxer
06-28-2002, 05:59 AM
it wont let me put the web site on cause it spells di.ck which is a very accurate description of him, its all a CONSPIRACY

Repulsive Monkey
06-28-2002, 06:03 AM
it seems like his art was incredibly unhealthy as he didn't even make it into middle age. The photos are shockingly camp and little to no internal composure which if he had master Tai Chi Chuan and Kung Fu I would of expected him to have.
For entertainment value though it was a good read.
If only his stories were real eh!!... then we could all become supreme Great Grand divine sovereign antiquarian hallowed spiritual majestic past masters too!!!

BAI HE
06-28-2002, 06:06 AM
Internalboxer - LMFAO!!!

Good to see that Britain with all here conservative
sensibilities still produces it's fair share of Nuts!!!

Repulsive Monkey
06-28-2002, 07:30 AM
It so surreal to think that he went from being a goalie if a half decent football team, sports commentator, to being a memeber of the green party and then into the realm of full-blown wacko. He harps on about the Illuminati and how all the Royal families are polymorhing Lizards who are also the main make up of the Free Masons and of course the free masons-within the Free Masons= The Illuminati folk.
Funny thing is, is Robert Anton Wilson wrote about this stuff with a mildly tongue in cheek nod towards fiction, yet Icke swallowed it all and does talks on it all.
What a flake!!!

BAI HE
06-28-2002, 10:38 AM
LOL!

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame22.html

Ao Qin
06-28-2002, 06:59 PM
Good grief Charlie Brown, some people will believe anything.

This is basic Vajrayana Buddhism, mixed with Shamanism. Is it real? Well, better spend a good ten (probably fifty) years of your life proving it - to what purpose? Is this guy's teacher a book?

Buyer beware, as usual...

Pawa-eri-to
06-28-2002, 09:27 PM
Actually the hand symbols come from Mikkyo Buddhism.

Brad
06-28-2002, 10:41 PM
I looked at Dante's site and the message board... man what a bunch of scumbags... makes me sick.

BAI HE
06-30-2002, 06:56 AM
Pawa-eri-yo.
You are absolutely correct.
Nikkyo was actually more popular
with the Samurai than Zen Buddhism
although some of the more prominent swordsman
practised Zen.

There is a good piece on this in
one of Draegers books? or was
Koryu Classical Bujitsu?

Nice catch nonetheless

SSgungfu
07-07-2002, 11:19 AM
Count dante! LOL!
"he calls himself deadly, but he wont fight for less then $70,000"

looking_up
07-09-2002, 03:20 PM
Liang Shou-Yu's Qigong Empowerment features them on the
cover and tells a little about how to practice them. Like
someone posted earlier, find a teacher.

I don't think it is too ridiculous to think that hand formations can
affect your body/mind - each finger represents a particular meridian, so tangling them up in different ways will definitely
affect you.

Try this, clasp your hands as if in prayer. Notice which
thumb is on top...now clasp your hands so the other thumb is on
top - feels weird, right? Why? Is it just handedness?

I could be wrong.

LU