PDA

View Full Version : Allergies..... remedies?

BananaMan
06-28-2002, 02:26 PM
never knew i had allergies, till i moved to boston last year. although i might just have a cold right now, its probably allergies.
what can i take to help with this? its mostly that nasal drip thing right now. and itchy throat. these allergies are really wiping me out. have no energy to work out with

dbulmer
06-28-2002, 03:16 PM
Drink more Sam Adams and you won't care :)

BananaMan
06-29-2002, 09:04 PM
well, now my symptoms are very flu like... i think i have a cold instead of allergies.... least i hope i do. would rather have a 1 time cold than annual allergies

Cyborg
06-30-2002, 07:21 AM
I had terrible allergies for years. They're not completely gone now but they are better. What helped was cutting way back on dairy products. I no longer drink milk ever, still eat some cheese, yogurt, sour cream etc. but I was amazed at the difference that made.

One other thing that made/makes me feel great is to "cleanse". Drink fruit juice and water alternating glasses and try to drink two gallons a day for three days. It sounds terrible, and it's true that you won't feel good while doing it, but you'll have a huge increase in energy afterward. (Kinda like hitting your head against a brick wall, it feels good when you quit :D ) Seriously, it works great. As long as I'm doing it regularly (every three months) I don't get sick at all, even when all my family is.

Dreadnaught
07-04-2002, 11:57 AM
I've had very bad summer allergies for years, and they are starting to get a lot better. In fact I haven't had an attack yet this summer. One thing I'm doing, which I think is helping out is I got some bee pollen from a local bee keeper which I ate regularly. The stuff I've read from doctors debates whether this will actually help or not, but I think it's helping me. Make sure to get stuff from a local beekeeper though, rather than buy stuff in a health food store shipped from somewhere else.

Cutting down on the dairy and meat will probably help too, and lots of qi gong. It's sort of been a long battle, but I'm slowly losing my allergies. Theres no fast cure for 'em. Good luck, I know how much they suck.