PDA

View Full Version : This is a strange style of Wing Chun Kuen called Siu Lam Wing Chun Kuen the forms soud like Lung Yin

FIRE HAWK
06-27-2001, 06:29 PM
Shaolin Wing Chun

Siu Lam Wing Chun Kuen:

Single Arm Conquer Dragon Hand
Dhok Pei Hoang Lung Sau

Golden Snake Coils Lion Hand
Kam Szeh Tziehm Sie Sau

Long Short Bridge Hand
Cheung Duen Kuen

South Paw
06-27-2001, 08:37 PM
Weird indeed!!!

Just ask your friend Ming Fai. Probably he has some interresting historical facts about this system to share with this forum.

South Paw

Ming Fai
06-28-2001, 02:11 PM
These three forms were taught to my Sifu but the names of the forms were never mentioned, my Sigung simply called it Siu Lam Wing Chun Form 1, Form 2 and Form 3.

So, five years ago when my Sifu taught me these forms I suggested in giving them a name myself. After a while, these names more or less stuck and we use them ever since.

TO FIREHAWK & OTHERS: I'm sorry if these names are somewhat confusing. The forms are authentic forms, I only "invented" the names. The site of Hunggakeun.com is a fairly new website, so the notification about the origin of the names have not been put on yet.

Furthermore, I must say that these three forms do not resemble Yip Man Wing Chun. But according to the book "Complete Wing Chun" by René Ritchie there are many styles called "Wing Chun" apart of the most popular Yip Man Wing Chun style. But due to my limited knowledge, I don't know the origins of the three forms in our system (I don't even know the true names!) but I will try to trace it in the future.

TO SOUTH PAW: Sorry to dissapoint you but no interesting historical stuff this time. The answer is plain and simple, I have made up those names. Sue me.

Oh South Paw, at least I try to come up with interesting stuff through my own research instead of secretly copying other people's stuff, write my own name on it and present it as my own.

He Klaas?

"You can fool a few people for a long time. You can fool alot of people for a short period of time. But you cannot fool the entire world forever... not even yourself."

Ming Fai

South Paw
06-28-2001, 04:47 PM
Ming Fai wrote: "Oh South Paw, at least I try to come up with interesting stuff through my own research instead of secretly copying other people's stuff, write my own name on it and present it as my own".

I have written articles on Chinese Martial Arts since 1974. I mostly notated from which sources the materials came. I think I did quite a lot of research myself. This all for to popularise and promote the CMA in the Netherlands. Articles of mine have also been used by someone for his doctorate/promotion (MA).
Januari this year I was awarded into a "Martial Arts Hall of Fame" by the governing body for the martial arts in the Netherlands.
So what are you telling to this forum?

You also wrote:
"You can fool a few people for a long time. You can fool alot of people for a short period of time. But you cannot fool the entire world forever... not even yourself."

This is true, and I can only say that the Wei T'o group can carry on with fooling the whole Cyber World.
Invent your own lineage, history and names of fist- and weaponforms. Just go on this way.

Klaas Padberg Evenboer

aka

South Paw