PDA

View Full Version : Wuji do Fact or fiction?

gazza99
06-30-2002, 11:37 AM
www.wujido.com

"Our brand of Shaolin is a synthesis of four Shaolin systems; two Chinese Shaolin, (northern and southern), one Okinawan (Shorin-Ryu), and one Indian (Vajra-Mukti). Vajra-Mukti is the true ancestor style of Shaolin. This unique approach in Wujido takes the student on a survey of the best of Shaolin styles through the centuries"

"When you learn Wujido, you learn...

The most treasured secrets of Shaolin Temple Kung Fu
The oldest and most effective style of Karate
How to protect yourself with the world's most effective self defense systems
How to gain poise and confidence in stressful situations
How to develop laser-like concentration
How to use grappling and throws like judo and jujitsu
How to achieve a very high level of personal fitness and health
How to conquer your fears once and for all
How to achieve any goal, any dream you desire
How to face the world in a positive and powerful way "

Brad
06-30-2002, 12:03 PM
The pics look terible, but at least they market it as something they created. As for how honest they are, the only way to tell would be to ask who they learned their four styles from(Northen and Southern Shaolin, Karate, and that Indian martial art). Based on the website I would never study there in a million years, but they might be honest at least. I'm going to email them. Can anyone think of any questions to ask?
So far I have:
"Hello, on your website it says,"Our brand of Shaolin is a synthesis of four Shaolin systems; two Chinese Shaolin, (northern and southern), one Okinawan (Shorin-Ryu), and one Indian (Vajra-Mukti)."
Could you tell me who specifically you learned each of these 4 styles from? "

NorthernMantis
06-30-2002, 12:06 PM
Not another one:eek: :confused:

gazza99
06-30-2002, 12:38 PM
Perhaps ask them why Shorin-ryu is a shaolin system?

Braden
06-30-2002, 01:05 PM
The reason so many places like this exist is because people want the fiction. It's a product that will sell. There's really no criticism you can level at them, because no one involved is interested in the truth.

old jong
06-30-2002, 01:54 PM
Shorin is Japanese for Shaolin. Ryu means something like "school" so,this okinawan karate name means: Shaolin school or style or whatever.
I keep my jugement on that school.I'm not sure if it's really a mc'kwoon.
The only thing bugging me is that the guy in this image... (http://web2.airmail.net/dmgreer/wujido/baseFrameset.html)looks a lot like David Carradine!!! :D Could be a coincidence. :p

wufupaul
06-30-2002, 05:32 PM
:( Man, how'd you find this place? It's about 15 minutes from my house, dude. I'll tell you some stories about it in the chat room sometime, I have several, haha. No one around here takes the guy seriously, all he does is talk smack about any other style. He claims to teach a lot of ancient killing stuff like dim mak, red sand palm, stuff like that. I once talked to him for 2 hours, it was quite interesting, haha. It's also interesting how everytime you see an ad for his in the phone book, he has yet another black belt in some art...hhhhhhmmm.

Kumkuat
06-30-2002, 06:42 PM
holy crap, they teach wujiquan also? That art is like super rare. But what am I getting excited about, it's probably not authentic.

joedoe
06-30-2002, 07:11 PM
My late Sigung taught Wujiquan, however I once had a look at a website for a school that said they taught wujiquan as well and it seemed to be completely different. The art my Sigung taught was a soft, internal art but what was shown on this other website seemed to be a hard style.

Anyone have any info on wujiquan?