PDA

View Full Version : Minneapolis-A Hotbed of Wing Chun

Grendel
07-01-2002, 11:40 AM
MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 1, 2002--Vicom, Incorporated (Nasdaq:VICM - News), a Minneapolis based technology and media content provider announced today that its wholly-owned subsidiary, MultiBand, Inc., had an increase in June of 254% in its number of subscribers over the same month a year ago. Current year month to month increases were additionally up substantially from the May to June period.

Apparently, lots of folks in Minneapolis are signing up for Internet access. Are you excited? Any thoughts? Can the cable out to the world be severed before it's too late? :)

old jong
07-01-2002, 12:20 PM
I wonder what happened to red5angel?...I truely can't hate a guy who loves Wing Chun that much!
Who would like to see him back?...

Mithrandir
07-01-2002, 02:41 PM
I thought by now we would be up to our necks in wonderful tales about the exploits seen in the "Land of Ten-Thousand Lakes". :o

Oh well, one can dream can't they!

stuff
07-01-2002, 02:55 PM
hello Mithrandir, or should I say Storm Crow
welcome to the forums

anerlich
07-01-2002, 03:06 PM
I must admit I can't understand the delay in hearing from our most prolific and enthusiastic Minneapolis correspondent.

Perhaps his head hurts from all the secret knowledge stuffed into it over the weekend, or his root got so awesome he's been as yet unable to leave the seminar venue.

old jong
07-01-2002, 03:33 PM
"his root got so awesome he's been as yet unable to leave the seminar venue."
:D :D :D That's a good one!
I remember I used to have a popeye ballon figure about 4feet high with a heavy sandbag bottom. I punched it and it was getting back up by itself. (Now ,I was maybe 6 years old at that time!)That was a pretty good root.
Anyway let's wait and see about this seminar.

sunkuen
07-02-2002, 04:21 AM
LOL @ Anerlich:)

yuanfen
07-02-2002, 05:42 AM
Said:I thought by now we would be up to our necks in wonderful tales about the exploits seen in the "Land of Ten-Thousand Lakes".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
FWIW- non sequiturs-in our list tradition:

Dont blame the dakotas- I have lived up that way/ Ten thousand is a liberal translation of the dakota. Minne= water, sota= lots of it. Combined=
land with many lakes. Minne-haha= falling water.The Dakotas
moved west and Ojibways/chippewas filled in. Sioux is a bad name for the Dakotas given by the Chippewas.

I dont know much about wc that way but there is alot of wrong kind of non wc "sticking" and rooting and pole work that goes on on Hennepin avenue in Minneapolis. They make up for the search for virtue in the rest of the area.

One of the great American Novel written about that area is Rolvaag's "Giants of the Earth". the heroine at one point in despair says "There'll never be any civilization here". I dont know whether she had the ex prowrestler Governor in mind. The hero of the novel was found frozen to death on his own doorstep with
icicles in his beard.
More than you wanted to know....:D :D :D

red5angel
07-02-2002, 07:12 AM
LOL! Yuanfen, I see you are familiar with our less reputable parts of hennepin ave?
As for lakes they estimate we have somwhere around 300,000 bodies of water from large ponds size and up. Not sure what you define as large pond size but whatever.....

yuanfen
07-02-2002, 01:51 PM
Hennepin is not all bad. There is the fading jewel of the Guthrie Theater- a great place for a midsummer night's dream... and other plays. The absurdities of life- on the stage you can hear..
"willst thou be my summer queen"
while just outside on the street the words have entirely different meanings. Run! No I do not want thou for my summer queen-thank ye.

red5angel
07-02-2002, 01:55 PM
I believe th guthrie may be going away here soon! They are talkingabout moving it, back to St. Paul is what I have heard. South of that is good, north is bad!