PDA

View Full Version : Warriors 2

fa_jing
07-02-2002, 09:36 AM
Alriiiight, I got the video from Taiseng.com! This movie blew my mind, I had seen it 3 years ago but this time things made more sense to me. Again, anyone know the lineage of the guy that played the WC master? Definitely a few differences from other's I've seen, I wonder if it's mainland WC. I noticed that in the SLT part, he goes into a rather low horse, feet the normal distance and pointed inwards, but the knees stayed at least 2 fist distance apart. Interesting approach in all respects. I noticed that there were sections of the fight scenes where they would do alot of pushing and pulling, I wonder if this comes from the WC they practice or is there a Tai Chi influence or some other art?
Funnily enough, they sent me a version with no subtitles. So I don't know what they are saying, I remember just a little from seeing the movie 3 years ago. But I think I was picking up some of the WC Kuen Kuit sayings, in the part where the master is teaching the student. The version I have is in Mandarin.

The plot was cheesy and gorey, but hey, that's a Kung Fu flock for ya! Worth getting as a WC student.

-FJ

[Censored]
07-02-2002, 11:16 AM
The master is Leung Jan.

BTW, in Prodigal Son, Yuen Biao also played Leung Jan, and Lam Ching-Ying played Leung Yee-Tai.

See http://wingchunkuen.com/archives/ancestors/ancestors_leungjan.shtml for historical background.

fa_jing
07-02-2002, 11:40 AM
That's right, I do remember that. And the student would be Chan Wah Shun?

PS. Any negative comments "we don't do it that way/our stance is different/those guys aren't precise enough/they're mixing styles" ?????

'Cause what they are doing is definitely different, and definitely sweet! Still wondering about the lineage of tbe actor who played Leung Jan, I don't think it's Yip Man style, at least not the HK version.

-FJ

byond
07-02-2002, 11:43 AM
hey fa jing.....i got the same "non subtitles" version as you......lol...cant understand a dang word

...that vampire mantis guy is cool.......

fa_jing
07-02-2002, 11:51 AM
In the beginning, I made out "Yong Chun" "Leung Yi Tai" and "Wang wah bo," that's it.

I don't think I'll try to return it, it forces me to pay attention to the Chinese. Who knows, maybe I'll pick up a little one day.

-FJ